Discovery Gaming Community
568-ARKG-B6 "Behemoth" Rheinland Heavy Transport - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: 568-ARKG-B6 "Behemoth" Rheinland Heavy Transport (/showthread.php?tid=47000)

Pages: 1 2

568-ARKG-B6 "Behemoth" Rheinland Heavy Transport - ~WD~Percy1979 - 09-16-2010

Dear Community,

ive a short and simple question again this time.

as i mentioned in the threadname, count the above named ship as miningship with full miningbonus?

Like in this thread descriped:

another Mining Guide

thank you for answers in advance.

568-ARKG-B6 "Behemoth" Rheinland Heavy Transport - 11of10 - 09-16-2010

I think it only has the mining bonus for the ALG. Tho you can make some nice cash with it, mining scrap in New Berlin, and then shipping it off to Kusari. It's best sold on that prison in Shikoku, near Deshima station.

ah ok, that means, i must fly it with ALG ID to get the full bonus, as well like the Salvage Fregate from the Junker, i must fly it with Junker ID to get the full mining Bonus?

ive thought about to get a permission for a Junker Salvage Fregate for my Kruger Miner. But if i dont get the full Miningbonus it is useless, if i would get the permission of course.

Well yes. Some ships only with some factions. It's all explained here:

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...mp;#entry773844

Sure ok, i understood, but that has not been mentioned at all, in my eyes, if the Kruger ID with a Junker Salvage Fregate get the whole Mining Bonus, or iam wrong? Both are get the Bonus, together with the Mining laser, then Kruger ID / TAG, Salvager and Mininglaser should get the whole Mining Bonus, all together count as the right setting for mining in my opinion, nowhere is mentioned, if it be otherwise.

Kruger Minerals

Bonus: Copper, Cobalt, Silver
Ships: Mining Ship, Basalt, Dacite, Mafic, Spatial
Mining Systems: Dresden, Omega 11, Omega 7, Omega 3

You need all the stuff to get a mining bonus. You don't get partial bonus.

You need, ID and IFF, appropriate ship, and mining gun.

One nice thing, you don't have to shoot with mining gun to get bonus, once you mount it, you can mine with any gun at all.

Happy digging

Thank you for your patience, and the whole answers, they help me very much, i understand now, that you dont get the Bonus with the wrong combinations of the right setting, means: Kruger ID/IFF and Salvager dont get the Bonus. thank you very much! :)

But one last Question, where did you get this Informations, from Disco Wiki?

EDIT: Ok honestly, i dont get it really, ive read the whole wiki Mining Guide, including the Bonussections and the Mining Ship Guide and the overwiev of Mining Commodities, and i dont find any word of the Situation, if you Fly the right Mining Ship, with the proper ID/IFF in the right Miningfield of that Faction with Mining Emitter, that you dont get a Bonus with following setup:

Kruger ID/IFF
Junker Salvage Frigate with one Mining Emitter Turret (if one get the persmission for it, of course)
in Omega 7 in the Elberfeldcloud
to mine Silver Ore.

their was just written, that Junker and ALG dont get the Bonus, if they use the normal civilian Mining Ships like Mafics and Dacites and so on, because they have their own special Mining Ships like the Recycler or the Behemoth, can anyone tell me correctly if i would get the whole Bonus with my setup and where he get this information from? thank you :-)

and what you say about, it is just enough to mount one mining laser to get the bonus, is wrong, you get only the bonus if you shoot with mining lasers, you cant shoot with other weapons, the bonus counts only for the miningemitter, written on the mining guide in the Discowiki.

It's simple actually.

You need an ID/IFF combination, an adequate ship, listed on that guide, and a mining laser.

Then, the bonus is activated for mining a certain mineral.

For instance, BMM ID, with BMM IFF, a Mafic, one rear mounted mining turret, and frontal heavy guns and SNAC, still gets the mining bonus if shooting with his guns. I'm really not sure about the SNAC, but I think the game interprets it as a gun, not a missile or torpedo, so it would work then.
Terrible refire rate tho, best stick to guns anyway.

So, you don't have to hit a pebble of ore with a mining laser's beam, you can hit it with a Liberty plasma cannon, the magma hammer, and still get the full yield. Of course, the mining laser has a huge speed, low low damage, to prevent blasting your ore away, and nice refire time and low energy consumption.

Now, the Junker salvage frigate works only with the Junker ID. You can't use it to mine silver ore, no matter that it's crewed by the Kruger men (referring to Kruger ID/IFF), as it's systems are optimised for cuting scrap metal into manageable pieces. It'd just vapourise the adequate ore.

Also, you can't recover scrap metal with a Kruger optimised Mafic or Hegemon, as they are intended to boil away the lighter minerals covering the metal core of the pebble you are shooting. Not enough power in the emitter.

So, the right ship, so it can process the ore, the right ID and IFF, to know what to do, and the mining emitter (laser, gun...) to have something to work with.

When all of these are fulfilled, you get the full bonus. When one isn't, for instance an IFF that looks full but isn't, you don't get any bonus.

Also, if you seem to have a full IFF, but it isn't "glowing", and is on the bottom, try to use /droprep and then log off and on again with that character, as it may just have a hidden reputation preceding, for instance, Kruger minerals one.

So, a glowing reputation, adequate ID, adequate ship, and a mining laser.

Also, a pirate free environment to mine in.

You're welcome :-)

PS: I think it's all there in that manual, maybe in the posts after it, I'm not sure. Check it thoroughly.

568-ARKG-B6 "Behemoth" Rheinland Heavy Transport - ~WD~Percy1979 - 09-17-2010

Ah ok, i couldnt find anything about that special Case in the Mining Guides, sorry my reformulating. Ok it is now clear for me, but too bad that you need the right ship with the right id, if not, so it could be given more possibilities for mining.

568-ARKG-B6 "Behemoth" Rheinland Heavy Transport - 11of10 - 09-17-2010

Well, mining addon, as it was made, was intended to force people into cooperation for optimal profit.

Some people mine the ore, other people ship it off, everybody makes money.

But people are greedy and supreficial...

Anyway, that's why I mentioned the ALG and Behemoth. They do have the mining bonus for scrap, and can fly even the 4700 cargo space ship, their Mover. And it also has the mining bonus.

Tho, the Mover is hard to fly, and Behemoth is actually much better suited for mining scrap. I tried them both ;-)