Discovery Gaming Community
Baked. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Baked. (/showthread.php?tid=47414)

Pages: 1 2

Baked. - xxrockstar992xx - 09-23-2010

So my friends First gen PS3 YLOD. For those who don't know, its the eqivilent to the Red ring on the xbox 360. If you don't know what that is, then get out.

Anyways its been sitting in my room for about a week, disassembled, everywhere. Might have lost a couple screws, but no big deal.

anyways so we are trying to find a way to fix it, a Hair dryer won't work, and i don't have straight access to a heat gun. My dad suggested a blow torch, But we just fixed my brothers (Bass_Masta on forums) Graphics card by putting it in the oven, @ 400 degrees for 15 minutes.

I'm going to apply the same concept to the ps3, only at 200 degrees, for 10 minutes. then turn off the oven and let it sit in for another 5.

Thoughts?

Should I go higher in heat? time? or is there another method? (Hair dryer doesn't work.)

Baked. - lynnntropy - 09-23-2010

What is this I don't even.:P

On a more serious note, you might wanna check this out.
http://playstationlifestyle.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2376

Baked. - xxrockstar992xx - 09-23-2010

' Wrote:So my friends First gen PS3 YLOD. For those who don't know, its the eqivilent to the Red ring on the xbox 360. If you don't know what that is, then get out.

Anyways its been sitting in my room for about a week, disassembled, everywhere. Might have lost a couple screws, but no big deal.

anyways so we are trying to find a way to fix it, a Hair dryer won't work, and i don't have straight access to a heat gun. My dad suggested a blow torch, But we just fixed my brothers (Bass_Masta on forums) Graphics card by putting it in the oven, @ 400 degrees for 15 minutes.

I'm going to apply the same concept to the ps3, only at 200 degrees, for 10 minutes. then turn off the oven and let it sit in for another 5.

Thoughts?

Should I go higher in heat? time? or is there another method? (Hair dryer doesn't work.)

Baked. - kindred - 09-23-2010

You don't need a heat gun, flatulence and a lighter will suffice.

Baked. - xxrockstar992xx - 09-24-2010

Sure, Well I will say how the baking went... Although it looks like no one cares.

Baked. - Mickk - 09-24-2010

Hopefully it all went well and you didn't cook (read as damage) anything important.

I remember the thread about the video card being baked in an oven.

Unfortunately, I can't remember what the results were and the thread in question is being difficult to find via the search engine.

You are right, I don't care much, but I am interested in how it turned out.

I actually successfully Baked a graphics card. a 4870 to be exact. Its running like new, in Bass_Masta's computer. Ask him if you like.

Baked. - sobuor - 09-24-2010

this baked yes by purple haze was ever misleading like
stoners pot place

Baked. - Mickk - 09-24-2010

' Wrote:I actually successfully Baked a graphics card. a 4870 to be exact. Its running like new, in Bass_Masta's computer. Ask him if you like.

I believe you, I read that particular thread, I just can't find it via the search engine for some reason.

How did the PS3 go?

Is it a baked piece of junk or a going concern again, just out of interest.

Concerning your OP, treat it exactly like the Video card you fixed using that method and you should be ok.

Note I said 'should'.

I am doing it probably on Saturday, and yes i will treat it exactly the same. They only thing I'm concerned about it is the plastic pieces. Such as the usb and Ethernet ports.

--The way i do it, is i have a Metal tray, Lay it down with Aluminum foil, then make Aluminum foil balls to hold the motherboard up from the tray.

Yeah, I hope it works.