Discovery Gaming Community
Adobe Flash Security Error - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Forum: Software & Hardware (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: Adobe Flash Security Error (/showthread.php?tid=47737)

Pages: 1 2

Adobe Flash Security Error - jxie93 - 09-29-2010

I started to get a continuously recurring Adobe Flash security error today.

[Image: 55qyco.jpg]

This happens every 10 minutes and no matter what I do won't stop coming up. Clicking on Settings won't do anything and OK just makes it come back some time later. I've tried clearing my Flash cache and cookies, scanned the system for threats and deleted browser cookies. It still pops up every 10 minutes.

This is getting ridiculously annoying, I need some help please.

Adobe Flash Security Error - Internity - 09-29-2010

Did you tried to uninstall it and re-install it?
Uninstall from Control Panel and/or from C/Windows/Downloaded Program Files.
If this doesn't work I don't know what else to tell you.

Adobe Flash Security Error - Fletcher - 09-29-2010

Clean installs tend to help, if not you've got to find out where that specific script is coming from and try to stop it.

Adobe Flash Security Error - mwerte - 09-29-2010

Have you actually restarted the application after applying new settings?

Easiest would be to change the settings and then restart your computer.

Also, what AV are you using?

Adobe Flash Security Error - Mickk - 09-30-2010

I had an update message for Adobe Flash pop up on my PC a couple of days ago, which I did right there and then.

Try updating your flash install if you can, that might fix your problem.

EDIT: Also, a Gooogle search on java script: parent.payload 1079, turned up this --> http://forums.adobe.com/thread/203854

I know the number is different but the symptoms are very similar...

EDIT2: Did a search on "video.flashtalking.com" and it seems to be a site that is highly suspicous from what I have read.

Run a good anti-malware scanner (Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware comes to mind) and that might show you what the problem is.

Looks like you may have some sort of trojan/malware package on your PC.

Installed any programs from the 'Net recently?

Adobe Flash Security Error - Mere_Mortal - 09-30-2010

There is hardly a wealth of information about this subject, but I wouldn't be surprised if Adobe is simply blocking specific actions attempted by a flash application on the relevant web page. The local application is probably the web browser and the javascript:parent.payload a part of script on the page or within the flash application.

Adobe Flash Security Error - jxie93 - 09-30-2010

Looks like I've gotten rid of that dialogue box, woohoo!

Here's what I did, I took Mickk's advice, installed Malwarebyte's Anti Malware and did a full sweep. After removing a couple of threats the box stopped appearing for me.

Thanks everyone for your support, I'll have to learn to not click on chain mail links.

Edit: No wait it's back.

FFFFFuuuu...

Adobe Flash Security Error - mwerte - 10-01-2010

' Wrote:Thanks everyone for your support, I'll have to learn to not click on chain mail links.
duh? I don't even open the things anymore, supposedly the virui can be embedded into pictures or code text that isn't displayed, launching the payload when you open the email. No clicking needed.

If it's back, run MalwareBytes again, but since the virui have gotten 'hooks' into your system, it might be hard to get em out. Shut down, boot into safe mode, scan.

Delete all your restore points too, the buggers like to hide in your 'backup'.

Adobe Flash Security Error - Mere_Mortal - 10-01-2010

When and where is this message being thrown? Something must be initiating Flash and usually that's the browser. If it is indeed due to a local infection then it is probably being reinstated upon removal and reboot, which suggests hidden drivers or a virus.

I also recommend using Dr Web's CureIt. It does not need installing, you only need to execute the downloaded file. It throws a few annoying prompts at first, but use your selective wisdom to get through those and finally perform a scan. Do this in Safe Mode and without network support. Some screens of this program are here.

A word of warning: Configure the anti-virus to report incurable items in case you have a virus which infects critical system files. If the system is not connected to the Internet then the chances are that a typical virus would essentially be ineffective, so running the system with such a virus active but no network is better than it being completely borked because a critical system file was removed.

As for System Restore: My advice is to leave it be for the time being, don't clear your restore points until such a time that you have good reasons to believe that you no longer require previous snapshots and can safely create a new one. In the event that something goes wrong, they may provide for a third-to-last resort. Thus, don't use your restore points unless you have exhausted all other options. It is actually practical to delete or disinfect files in the relevant directory by granting user permissions, either in Safe Mode or by using XCACLS.

If you still have problems, post your MBAM logfile.

Adobe Flash Security Error - jxie93 - 10-03-2010

I did a MbAM under Safe Mode just there and found a Malware.trace

It seems to come back once in a while as I did multiple scans to find it again.

Quote:Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.46
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 4723

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3, v.3300
Internet Explorer 6.0.2900.3300

2010-9-30 21:06:22
mbam-log-2010-09-30 (21-06-22).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Objects scanned: 149936
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 25 minute(s), 41 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 1

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\secushr.dat (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

The dialogue is back now and the problem is still there. I wonder if secushr.dat is important, if not I'll remove it permanently.