Discovery Gaming Community
How I became who I am today! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: How I became who I am today! (/showthread.php?tid=47739)

How I became who I am today! - Powder - 09-29-2010

It all happened rather suddenly at the time, But looking back on it? It was over the course of 3-4 years....

I was born in Bretonian space, My parents were Liberty Rouges most of their lives and were trying to start a new in Leeds..

My childhood was mostly in Dublin though, My father mined gold like there was no tomorrow to pay of the loans he took out to bribe Bretonian officials to let us stay in Bretonia.

My mother left shortly after I was born, I'm unsure of her whereabouts, My dad seems to think she went to the Outcasts or Kusari.

When I reached 23, I left home. A few friends told me about a place where you can get your own ship and equipment for the minimum of effort, so I was curious.

We took a bus ( Space bus FTW ) Towards Rheinland, Ending up in one of the Freeports in the Omega systems'

I can't recall which.

We met up with some other people there, They were all quite...well, Stubborn I suppose.

Had to be their way or no way.

After negotiating our terms and having spent all my credits getting here, I had no choice but to sign up to their 'missions'

Little did I know " Patrolling Omega space " meant attack and boarding unarmed ships to steal passengers/crew/cargo and selling them to nomads..

It was about 3-4 years I was in this business for.
Never really going anywhere into Rheinland, Bretonia, let alone Liberty...

Always on the Borderworlds and Edge systems is where we were.. at the time, I was lead to believe they were Outcasts, of sorts...
After my 4th year, I'd saw a few of these 'Outcasts' wondering the halls of the Freeport late at night.. I couldn't sleep it seemed, maybe I kept myself awake subconciously. I don't know.

They spoke Alien, They took of Human like mask's and communicated with Nomads with the faction name " The Wild "

I was scared, and shocked...
All of my friends by this point were killed or captured.. I was alone.

I ran to the dock, Took up my ship and bolted it...

I'd went to Leeds, and told the Bretonian's everything I knew. I saw, and done.
I was arrested, and sentenced to 5 years behind bars.. Not the metal ones, the laser ones.

After I was realised, I had no money, no home, My dad wasn't around either, I still don't know where he is.
I had to stoop to more pirating, this time face to face with the people of leeds.

I'd gathered enough credits to afford some clothes and got myself a hair cut, and starting trying to look for a job.

I saw BMM advertising that they wanted skilled transport pilots the most important part of the advertisment, it said " Anyone/race/background considered "

I applied straight away.
I was honest when I spoke to them, and told them what I did,
Pleading with them and nudging on the sympathey side, I won.

They understood and realised it wasn't my intention to become involved in all of what I did.
and they liked the fact I'd had to pilot ships of all kinds in hostile environments, it's said that's the kind of experience they were after, all be it they'd rather I'd got that experience legally!

So I started doing what my father did,
Mining gold, and transporting it, to several locations.

After i'd made my own money, My first million credits, I bought a ship of my own, and started trading on my own.

BMM still recognise me as one of their own and I fly with their tag on my ship still..

I'm not sure where I'll go next, or what i'll do when I get there,

All I know is that I'm dying to gain some more money, and upgrade my current vessel.....