Discovery Gaming Community
IndyCar Homestead - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: IndyCar Homestead (/showthread.php?tid=47894)

Pages: 1 2

IndyCar Homestead - Igiss - 10-03-2010

It's probably surprising that I'd be a fan of Indy in a country where it's not even being broadcast. But guess I can say I am one.

Anyway, is anyone watching the final race right now? Started at 7 PM ET.

IndyCar Homestead - Cannon - 10-03-2010

Is Scott Dixon racing?

He was, yep. Won the race, 3rd in the championship.

I'm surprised, not a single racing fan on Disco? Formula 1 no one as well?

IndyCar Homestead - SeaFalcon - 10-03-2010

Not such a fan of Indy cars.

More the WTCC / Touring car racing.

Also I can't get enough of rally racing and the Dakar.

Not that I'm gonna keep results of every race or watch every single race though.

IndyCar Homestead - oZoneRanger - 10-03-2010

Earnheart by far the driver Ive most enjoyed watching race....AJ Foyt...Richard Petty......lots of others..

F1...Yea I will always enjoy watching it..but Im waiting for the day Bernie finally kicks it and takes himself out of the spot light...and....these last two years I almost stopped watching completely because races were being decided in the Offices and not on the tracks.

oZoneRanger

IndyCar Homestead - Agmen of Eladesor - 10-03-2010

I like watching Danica racing, but my problem is that after too many years of THE race, I'm sort of burned out on it. That, and the guys that I grew up watching aren't racing any more. (Al Unser, Sr., for one - In 1977 he married the daughter of our postmaster. And since I'm from a VERY small town originally - less than 900 people - we all met him, and the kids from the high school all got to make a couple of trips over to the track to see him practice.)

Yes, I'm from (and still in) Indiana - home of the Greatest Spectacle in Motor Racing, The Indianapolis 500...

IndyCar Homestead - Rommie - 10-03-2010

I'm a Touring Car fan more than anything else.

F1 seems really boring.

Bernie's not quite adequate for the last few years, that's for sure. His ideas, like introducing medals into F1, make so little sense that you begin to wonder how he got so high within the sport with such vision of racing.

Though the outcome of races is still decided on the track in most cases, not anywhere else...

Quote:Yes, I'm from (and still in) Indiana - home of the Greatest Spectacle in Motor Racing, The Indianapolis 500...
Wow.
I'd visit a race myself if I could afford it. Airflights over the Atlantic are kinda too expensive.

IndyCar Homestead - SeaFalcon - 10-03-2010

Red bull city racing was in Moscow not long ago.
Or was it Bavaria city racing? hmm..

anyway city racing is pretty awesome.

Especially when you cycle to school while you see black tire stripes all over the roads. of all the donuts ^^
And thats when I'm talking about the Rotterdam Bavaria city racing.

IndyCar Homestead - fencore - 10-03-2010

NASCAR fan here. I'm watching the Kansas race right now.It's been pretty good. I'm a Jeff Gordon fan. I know, it's a curse, but someone's gotta bear the burden.

I don't follow IndyCar too much, other than what comes up here and there in the news. My dad's from Terre Haute, which isn't too far from Indianapolis, so I've always watched the Indianapolis 500 every year, but that's about it.

How 'bout that Chip Ganassi? Daytona 500 and Indy 500 in the same year, eh?