Discovery Gaming Community
New gun turret model - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: New gun turret model (/showthread.php?tid=4791)

Pages: 1 2

New gun turret model - Vape - 12-03-2007

well while looking at the models from that BSG pack i found this
i think we could use this as a turret model
personally id like to replace the existing IMG turret with this one
and turn the IMG turrets into railguns
[Image: railgun.jpg]

New gun turret model - chopper - 12-03-2007

Railguns? :mellow:

gauss cannons

New gun turret model - Jinx - 12-03-2007

i like the idea of twin cannons ( with no more than a cosmetic effect of course ) - but that model might have too many polygons for a simple turret. what i like about it is, that it would look the same on the left and right side. ( some of the FL turrets are not symetrical meaning they ll look upside down on one side )

New gun turret model - Gamazson - 12-03-2007

I honestly doubt Igiss will go for it. Three reasons.

1) He just made those IMG turrets and probably isn't in a hurry to remake them.

2) This is a bit more of a community issue but those turrets are BSGish, not FLish.

3) Do you have the permission of the original creator to use the model?

the model is by coxxon, so all i have to do is credit em
but im not saying use them as BSG turrets
i just would like to see some kind of gauss cannon added in

New gun turret model - Caribe - 12-03-2007

Transport Turret Level 5?

New gun turret model - Unseelie - 12-03-2007

Right...much as I hate to say it...gauss cannons are not in the FL MO...FL is straight energy weapons...I am assuming some sort of ridiculous armor technology...but, you know what they look like?
Splitters...
So, maybe a Bretonian gun?
Bretonian Capital Class Tachyon Turret?
And, our BCCTT could actually fire 2 bolts, but have them half powered....balanced and different, and in line with disco....

New gun turret model - Xing - 12-03-2007

Too many polygon. Sorry. Although I can't be certain, but a ship mounting a few of these things will most probably lag.

Beside, as unselie said... no gauss canon on FL, it... just doesnt fit.

New gun turret model - Panzer - 12-04-2007

Well, BSG turrets weren't actually mass drivers, They were simple guns, using a chemical propellant to launch simple, material projectiles. Would be quite efficient in space - given, that Newtonian physics would mak such weapons much more effective than the short-ranged nergy weapons FL uses. No doubt - energy weapons are great on fighter where their short range isn't a problem...but on capships?

Anyway, Vape... Try and make something original... you can base yur idea upon that turret, but there are a couple o' conditions:

FL dislikes multi-barreled guns. You can't hear the shots = has to have 1 barrl only.

Make he models for factions, that don't (yet) have turrets of their own

And finally - give those guns some original F/X... Not simple pew-pew and Liberty-like bolts... but try and find out, how th guns were made on BSG mod. In there - I saw th guns throw massive slugs and have a nice, big muzzle blast (FL mine explosion) That would be nice - since such a bast generates light. (Imagine ships slugging eachother in th pitch-black of Omi lost, seeing eachother only by the muzzle blasts or hits)