Discovery Gaming Community
Memorial thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Memorial thread (/showthread.php?tid=48570)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Memorial thread - The Joker - 10-16-2010

Lets honor those who had left for one reason or another, who had impact on this community (no matter how great of insignificant) or who simply were and still are your friends.

Write a name. Tell us something about that person and share some memories.

Be nice. I'll start with following names. I'll probably remind myself of some other people later.

Joker's.Thug-Drunky
This guy was really fun guy to be around with. He's from Hungary. He liked to come online semi-drunk/stoned and fly with us just telling jokes for hours. He had flown with us from back in Apocalypse Wing days. I just can't remember his name back then (really annoying). Sharing numerous versions of Monkey-jokes near planet Gammu is what use to cause my stomach to ache from all that laughter.
RL got him. He had to move to Austria where he got a new job. I'll never forget that guy.

Sprolf
Unfortunately I've had rare opportunities to RP in-game with this guy as him being Collin Breen. Probably got to know him better when the game started to be boring for him or when he became annoyed by negative atmosphere which existed in this community. And still exists. I do remember one of his Order-chars back when we use to invade or try to invade Minor. Great RPer.
We exchanged PMs, talked about a lot of topics in general. He wanted to become a writer if I remember correctly. He's one of those guys with whom you'd gladly go for a drink.
A friend.

John Kimble
This guys wasn't around for long, at least not with this char, but he was so funny with "I'm a cop, you idiot" line. We use to fly around Liberty on several occasions and RP two idiots with a lost goal in their minds. Joker simply wanted to help him reacquire Sarah Connor. They never succeeded.
His RP was a laugh-riot.

Memorial thread - Blighter - 10-16-2010

Off the top of my head I'll start with Kaze.
Always would get herself in trouble and would manage to make me angry here and there but I can't tell just how much I love that woman. She'd like always be in a good mood no matter what and playing the game with her was never boring and usually ended up being damn-well hillarious. Isn't much else I could put into words, she's pure awesomeness to the core who'd always lift my own mood and display some ridiculously endless patience.
Unforgettable, absolutely.

Next up's the old OPG crew I started around on this hole.
First up Gentle, the baddest and manliest mother****er I've ever seen play this game.
I don't honestly know if he's still around since I just jump in here to spam Flood now and then but damn, he's awesome. Gentle is awesome. He'd always have some damn awesome ideas to keep **** interesting and he was one hell of a leader, on top of being a really good guy. I always respected the guy and was p'much very thankful for him more than just tolerating my craziness. He was also very open-minded like all the time and regardless of mood or whatnot would always lend an ear to whatever you had to say, no matter whether it was just random trash or bat**** insanity.

Then there's Asno whom I last heard about is still around and was involved in the Dev process and all. He's kind of been like Kaze, always in a good mood and doing crazy ****. When you flew with Asno, **** wouldn't get boring, ever, and we'd always have fun and tons of lulz. It was grand. And when I flew with him I kind of like never had to be in some sort of leading position, which's something I ended up missing a lot when flying 'fore I pissed off myself.

And we've Manni who was much the same, albeit not as talkative. I think for some people here who might remember him he'll be the guy who dodged a swarm of QCRF and Mandies near a stationary BS for an hour while sitting in his trashy Titan back then. When you had him and Asno around, one thing was clear: You were about to have fun, period.

Last we've Ivanka who's still around and being a 110% badass and gets mentioned as part of the olden OPG thing. And since he's still here I'm not going to say much other than that he's the chosen one when it comes to badassery in the shape of piracy. Was always fun with him back in the OPG days and I'm sure is for the people who're around him right now. He's just a great guy, really.

Memorial thread - Zapp - 10-16-2010

DBoy, RIP. Dude's onto bigger and better things, but still.:ylove:

Memorial thread - Blighter - 10-16-2010

' Wrote:DBoy, RIP. Dude's onto bigger and better things, but still.:ylove:

Daymn son, Dussin was always fun. Al-****ing-ways fun. I didn't spend like say much time with him or talked much or anything but I'll be damned if he didn't leave an impression.

Memorial thread - DeathsOverture - 10-16-2010

Jamez :ylove:I miss that ginger and all of his fun-loving antics.

Memorial thread - Death.RunningVerminator - 10-16-2010

Reavengitair.
This dude was just great. Always loved reading his posts.. Maybe not the lengthy ones as much though.. He's the guy you can point a finger at for bringing back up the bd. And he did a hell of a job at it too. Great RPer, and great PvPer. Though he'd never admit it. XD I always wondered how he could type so fast.. By the time i was finished typing "konnichiwa" he had already started up a whole dang conversation! Just a cool bean to hang with, definitely. (Btw he does pop in every now and then).

Ironwatsas.
I'm pretty sure almost everyone here remembers this guy.. Oh god.. Heh. He started the whole /CS/ watchamicallit thingymabob. Awesome RPer. Awesome leader in general. I remember whenever i'd call for backup he'd be like, "I don't think I can make it" then 5 minutes later he brings a whole damn fleet. And outside of the RP community.. Eh.. I think everyone knows. But still, cool guy.

Damn there's a lot of people.. Kaz.. Thexare.. Pharos.. Tenacity.. Andrew.. Senpai.. Oh here's one i HAVE to talk about.

Zeinstruktor
Dear god. This guy.. Geez. Best pilot in the world. I don't care who you are, but you're not as good as this guy. He's snaced libys, he's single-handedly taken on and defeated 6 corsairs, and was just generally epic. Not the most talkative.. but a great guy. Just plain 'ol awesome.

Snoozer5000.
We never really chatted out of in-game.. But when we did, it was really fun. One of the first true pals i met on Disco. In fact he may have been the first.. But anywho.. I just thought he could use some recognition.

There's more. A lot more. Sad thing, really.

:/

EDIT: Metamay's gone too.

XD

At least he left behind an awesome avy.

Memorial thread - Marburg - 10-16-2010

A tip of the hat goes to my Disco Obi-Wan, Malaclypse. I really miss that old codger:D

Memorial thread - Waratah - 10-16-2010

I really miss...... Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

The Horror..The Horror

Memorial thread - schlurbi - 10-16-2010

Del, some may think he was an angry Person. But Hell no he wasn't. He was pretty cool and Stuff.

Then there is Stas, a rather unknown Person. He never lost his Patience or had a bad Mood after being shot down by an uncountable Amount of Liberty Navy Ships.

Memorial thread - xxrockstar992xx - 10-16-2010

Kaz.. The Canadian Guitar playing Angel faction leader dude.

One less Canadian 'round here.. He will be missed.