Discovery Gaming Community
NEED URGENT HELP - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Forum: Software & Hardware (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: NEED URGENT HELP (/showthread.php?tid=48841)

Pages: 1 2

NEED URGENT HELP - The Joker - 10-22-2010

ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3

AMD Athlon II X4 640

DDR3 2x2GB 1600MHz Kingston

400W Power supply (don't laugh)

WD Caviar GP: The "Green" 1 TB Drive

ATI Radeon'„¢ HD 5570 Graphics (bought it several months ago for my dual-core Athlon)

For the money I've spent (650 euros), I'm pretty much satisfied with what I've bought (except for power supply unit). So I came home, connected everything, excited like a schoolboy. Turned it on. Everything works fine.... BUT!!!

Motherboard only uses it's integrated graphics!!! When I plug-in my LCD to Radeon 5570 - monitor says "no signal" like there is no graphic card at all. Took 5570 out and plugged it back on my old PC to make sure that graphic card still works - and it worked just fine.

Fan on 5570 is working, but it's like it isn't there. Tried changing few things in BIOS - no result. Win 7 64 also don't recognize it and motherboard is Win 7 ready.

What am I to do? Is there a solution? Anything similar happened to you guys? I hate integrated graphics but this motherboard had some really great reviews on many websites.

Yes, I know my power-supply unit sucks (will change it for 600W when I get enough money) but I double-checked it - ATI Radeon 5570 requires no more than 400W so that's not the issue.

Currently I'm downloading new chipset drivers but something tells me that won't help me. Motherboard is this year's edition, probably nothing much has changed when the drivers are concerned and what could help me. Hope I'm wrong.

Funny thing is when you type "ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 troubleshooting" I get no sites where the word "troubleshooting" appears. Seems like I'm the first who has a problem with it.

Everything was going sooo smoothly but a problem just had to occur. So now my LCD is plugged in do this damn integrated ATI 4290 which really sucks. Any suggestions dudes?

NEED URGENT HELP - lw'nafh - 10-22-2010

' Wrote:ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3

AMD Athlon II X4 640

DDR3 2x2GB 1600MHz Kingston

400W Power supply (don't laugh)

WD Caviar GP: The "Green" 1 TB Drive

ATI Radeon™ HD 5570 Graphics (bought it several months ago for my dual-core Athlon)

For the money I've spent (650 euros), I'm pretty much satisfied with what I've bought (except for power supply unit). So I came home, connected everything, excited like a schoolboy. Turned it on. Everything works fine.... BUT!!!

Motherboard only uses it's integrated graphics!!! When I plug-in my LCD to Radeon 5570 - monitor says "no signal" like there is no graphic card at all. Took 5570 out and plugged it back on my old PC to make sure that graphic card still works - and it worked just fine.

Fan on 5570 is working, but it's like it isn't there. Tried changing few things in BIOS - no result. Win 7 64 also don't recognize it and motherboard is Win 7 ready.

What am I to do? Is there a solution? Anything similar happened to you guys? I hate integrated graphics but this motherboard had some really great reviews on many websites.

Yes, I know my power-supply unit sucks (will change it for 600W when I get enough money) but I double-checked it - ATI Radeon 5570 requires no more than 400W so that's not the issue.

Currently I'm downloading new chipset drivers but something tells me that won't help me. Motherboard is this year's edition, probably nothing much has changed when the drivers are concerned and what could help me. Hope I'm wrong.

Funny thing is when you type "ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 troubleshooting" I get no sites where the word "troubleshooting" appears. Seems like I'm the first who has a problem with it.

Everything was going sooo smoothly but a problem just had to occur. So now my LCD is plugged in do this damn integrated ATI 4290 which really sucks. Any suggestions dudes?
Erm... This is a bit out of my league PC wise, but have you tried checking your BIOS? There's likely a setting to make it read from the GPU ports, as opposed to the integrated card...

But yes, try your BIOS.

NEED URGENT HELP - mwerte - 10-22-2010

physically rip the integrated card out. :D

let me dig around the interwubs and get back to you.

Can you list what you did in the BIOS?

Edit: Does your BIOS recognize that the card is present?

Edit da deuce: you might want to post here or call ASUS support. I found one other instance of the PCI slot not working properly, you might need to RTM.

' Wrote:physically rip the integrated card out. :D

let me dig around the interwubs and get back to you.

Can you list what you did in the BIOS?

Edit: Does your BIOS recognize that the card is present?

Edit da deuce: you might want to post here or call ASUS support. I found one other instance of the PCI slot not working properly, you might need to RTM.

BIOS by default (I've seen it on web) don't show installed graphic card. Simply, I've been searching for a way to disable it, that way hoping that 5570 will simply go online.

Here are some pics of BIOS features.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/07/06/...rboard_review/2

And thank you for trying to help.

P.S. There are few things I'd like to try but I'm downloading these chipset drivers (very slowly) and i doubt that download can be continued.

This seems like a solution.

http://www.hardocp.com/image.html?image=MT...l8xNF9sLmdpZg==

I'm gonna check this out right now. Screw the download.

NEED URGENT HELP - Mickk - 10-22-2010

As various people have said, it sure sounds like you need to turn off the integrated graphics in the BIOS.

I tend to avoid MB's with integrated graphics if it is at all possible, most integrated graphics are only usefull if you are planning to build what may as well be a glorified word processor that can play a *few* games.

Edit: I'd still get hold of that chipset d/l if I were you...... just in case.

NEED URGENT HELP - mwerte - 10-22-2010

' Wrote:BIOS by default (I've seen it on web) don't show installed graphic card. Simply, I've been searching for a way to disable it, that way hoping that 5570 will simply go online.
Before I knew what to do with computers Best Buy charged me $30USD to put a new GPU in, not disable the integrated, not realize why it wasn't working, and take the card out with a shrug.

you might also want to take a look at this screen and change it, but if the OS isn't recognizing the card...

[Image: 12735403767knrviNLMZ_2_18_l.gif]

Also, are there multiple PCI slots? If yes, have you tested the others?

The screen you looked at looks viable as well, let me know.

' Wrote:As various people have said, it sure sounds like you need to turn off the integrated graphics in the BIOS.

I tend to avoid MB's with integrated graphics if it is at all possible, most integrated graphics are only usefull if you are planning to build what may as well be a glorified word processor that can play a *few* games.

Edit: I'd still get hold of that chipset d/l if I were you...... just in case.

More troubles... It never stops.

I disabled integrated graphics and... now all I get is the blank screen. Don't see anything so I can't load default settings by being blind:(

Typing from laptop.

NEED URGENT HELP - Miranda - 10-22-2010

You could try resetting your motherboard to fix the screen issue, but in the long term, I have to think its your power supply thats keeping the video card from working. Search all over it, a lot of them now have funky power connections in odd places for odd reasons, and god help you if one isnt in right.

NEED URGENT HELP - Banris - 10-22-2010

Sounds like you need to reset the CMOS.

This looks promising for your board:

Reset CMOS