Discovery Gaming Community
New to using glasses - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: New to using glasses (/showthread.php?tid=48893)

Pages: 1 2 3

New to using glasses - Fletcher - 10-22-2010

Hey folks, with my 'short-sight' vision, I've been advised to use glasses and I have bought a pair. Now while I am wearing them, my vision is considerably clearer, I can see much further and I'm glad. Though they did say to me (Specsavers) that I can use them on occasion.

I decided to wear them the whole day to try and get used to them, strangely at least for me, my vision without them on is considerably degraded. Ok, I can understand my eyes are getting used to the glasses, but going from 'occasional' use to complete use it startling to me. I can live with it, but I didn't expect to use them all the time.

Is this just my eyes having trouble adjusting or am I missing something?:unsure:

New to using glasses - Howard10 - 10-22-2010

My girlfriend has the same issue. I'm always trying to persuade her to wear them, because she can't see anything otherwise. Basically, she said that when she first got them, she had headaches as her eyes adjusted, then it'd be fine and her sight would be good.

If she took them off, her sight would be worse because they'd be adjusted to the glasses. It's a normal thing. Certain prescriptions might give you a headache as you adjust, but most wont. Well, I think that's how it works anyway. What you described seems fairly normal.

I can understand if its getting used to them, first time in two decades that my eyes have HAD to adjust. It has made my eyes hurt a bit and at times I feel a bit out of balance. Though that is adjustment I suppose.

If this is normal all well and good.

New to using glasses - valen - 10-22-2010

If your eyes hurt, they don't fit. Your eyes should feel relieved when you put them on, and your head should hurt when you don't have them, not the other way around.

But on the other hand, why do you ask these sorts of things here? Talk to your friends, family, whatever, not us.

I've asked my grandad and he said at first it was a little uncomfortable, then he found it uncomfortable to take them off. But that is one opinion, I ask here to see others opinions since there is a bigger 'pool' to ask from.

New to using glasses - William Frederick Cody - 10-22-2010

' Wrote:Hey folks, with my 'short-sight' vision, I've been advised to use glasses and I have bought a pair. Now while I am wearing them, my vision is considerably clearer, I can see much further and I'm glad. Though they did say to me (Specsavers) that I can use them on occasion.

I decided to wear them the whole day to try and get used to them, strangely at least for me, my vision without them on is considerably degraded. Ok, I can understand my eyes are getting used to the glasses, but going from 'occasional' use to complete use it startling to me. I can live with it, but I didn't expect to use them all the time.

Is this just my eyes having trouble adjusting or am I missing something?:unsure:

The reason is: Your Brain is a bit lazy in correcting the bad images a bit. Try out 15 minutes without glasses, and it will be ok again. But still not that sharp as with the glasses.

Wear them the hole day, if you like to see RL better. I do also.

And: I am an optician since ~ 20 years. So, trust me. It would not harm your eyes.

New to using glasses - William Frederick Cody - 10-22-2010

Oh, and, if you like, please post your sphero-cylindric combi you have bought.

Numbers like:

R: -0,25 -0,75 12°
L: -1,0 -2,25 169°

or so. I can answer your questions, i think.

I don't have them on hand, though I could ask Specsavers when I go to town next to find out.

New to using glasses - [Cerberus] Illusive Man - 10-22-2010

[Image: awcojakehw6.png]

Hahahahahaha:lol: