Discovery Gaming Community
So... - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: So... (/showthread.php?tid=49273)

Pages: 1 2

So... - frozen - 11-01-2010

I just watched the movie "Seven Pounds" (featuring Will Smith) on my cousins HD tv (god bless sky HD channels), and... suffice to say, this is the first movie that has both moved and struck me right in the heart as well as made me -really- shed a tear or two.

I know quite a few people may or may not like Will Smith, but I've always liked him. i just never saw this movie because i never thought it would be worth the time, but after having done so, i -really- have to say, its a pretty epic movie.

Wont ruin the story for people who dont know it/have not seen the movie yet, but i seriously, seriously recommend this movie as a must watch.

Suffice to say, the story might even be inspirational enough for some disco members to change their attitudes, but thats just me being overoptimistic at best.

anyone else seen the movie/wants to share their thoughts about it? looking prominently at marburg and joe here:P

So... - Jongleur - 11-01-2010

I agree.. I'm not a fan of Will Smith, but I thoroughly enjoyed this one.

So... - Enojado - 11-01-2010

Great movie. Always liked Will Smith as well.

Should rewatch it sometime soon...

So... - Marburg - 11-01-2010

I was in the other room re-watching Zombieland when my ears started to burn...after I got over the pain, I came to check the forums & I was shocked to discover that it was Frozen that caused it...I'm honored that it was you that sent the boiling flesh of my lobes onto the shoulders of my T-shirt as a drippy, stinky mess.

(side note: anyone who has had the misfortune of being in the same room as burning flesh at some point in their lives know how stinky & drippy it can be:mellow:)

Anyhoo, I've yet to see the movie... I want to, but until I read your thread, I honestly forgot it was made.:$

I'll have to take a look at it this week or next, cause I'm a sucker for a good story of any type.

Until then, I can say at least that I have seen a movie or two that changed the way I look at life...the one I thought of upfront was 'Pay It Forward'

Well, now that you put the flick back on my radar, once I watch it, if the effect is anything like you describe, then I'll owe you a big 'thank you' for the reminder:cool:

::edit- actually, I'm grabbing it now & will try to watch it after work tomorrow::

So... - frozen - 11-01-2010

:Dawesome. its seriously a good movie, and it really does take alot for me to like movies. i recommend anyone to watch it tbh.

So... - Agmen of Eladesor - 11-01-2010

' Wrote:I was in the other room re-watching Zombieland when my ears started to burn...after I got over the pain, I came to check the forums & I was shocked to discover that it was Frozen that caused it...I'm honored that it was you that sent the boiling flesh of my lobes onto the shoulders of my T-shirt as a drippy, stinky mess.

(side note: anyone who has had the misfortune of being in the same room as burning flesh at some point in their lives know how stinky & drippy it can be:mellow:)

Also gives a whole new meaning to the phrase 'Country Pork Barbeque', too...

Freshly cooked pork, anyone?

On topic - yeah, amazing how versatile and just plain good Will Smith is - wife and I both like his movies.

So... - Albert - 11-01-2010

Watched it. Still not becoming an organ donor.

So... - Jansen - 11-02-2010

I liked this one, like pretty much all other movies with him, he is a great actor!

So... - Linkus - 11-02-2010

I think it's a good definition of the word 'moving'.
Both a happy and sad film, honestly couldn't call it one or the other alone.

So... - Primitive - 11-02-2010

I pretty much dislike Smith, but he had couple of movies that really left me thinking after it.

I agree on "Seven Pounds" but if you didn't watch "Pursuit for happiness" I suggest you do it asap.

Grrr Will Smith Grrr