Discovery Gaming Community
Bretonian Mining & Manufacturing Recruitment - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Bretonian Mining & Manufacturing Recruitment (/showthread.php?tid=49593)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Bretonian Mining & Manufacturing Recruitment - Euca - 08-03-2014

[Image: BMM_Logo.png]

To: Mr Sanderson
Encryption: Ham Robot
Subject: You, duh!

What an interestin' character we got goin' on 'ere. Would not 'ave expected a Libertonian to be knockin' on my front door! To be honest, I'd rather get outta Manhattan too, what a terrible place! Yer look good to me, I'll get someone to get yer details from yer.

I hereby deem yer application:

[ACCEPTED]

RE: Bretonian Mining & Manufacturing Recruitment - Greg White - 09-19-2014

Joe White:

Planet Leeds, Leeds:

5-14-788A.S:

Male:

6' 175 lbs, bulky build with thick slightly graying hair:

Worked on Planet Leeds as a welder til Gallia attacked and take over the system. I lost my wife and only child during the attack when Gallia battleship fire rained down on the school where my wife worked. Now I look to live a life away from violence and maintain work to keep me focused on a brighter future:

To acquire good dependable lasting work:

Were you referred here by Bowex)? No:

BMM reserves the right to dismiss you from service and/or employment, temporarily or otherwise, should you not follow the company's guidelines or by placing the company's reputation in jeopardy.
Do you agree to these terms? Yes

Signed:Joe White

RE: Bretonian Mining & Manufacturing Recruitment - Euca - 09-23-2014

To: Mr White
Encryption: Scrap Bear
Subject: Us!

Well if yer look at that!

Was a tad hesistant to let yer into 'ere, with the sparse application and all, but from what me field agents 'ave told me, yer full o' character and work. We need more helpin' hands such as yours over 'ere at BMM!

I am also terribly sorry 'bout yer wife and child. Trust us when we say we're fightin' the Gauls back in every-way we can! I'll contact yer via other channels to get yer extra information.

I hereby deem yer application:

[ACCEPTED]

RE: Bretonian Mining & Manufacturing Recruitment - Cashew - 10-26-2014

Name: George Michael Richard Farthing

Place of Birth: New London Planet

Date of Birth: 16/03/778

Physical Description: Overweight, permanently raised eyebrow, brown hair, spectacle on left eye, marvellous sense of tie

Brief Autobiography: It was the 16th of March, 778. I George Michael Richard Farthing, quite literally emerged into the universe all but a wee child. My mother died three weeks later, apparently she had drunk too much tea. I still don't understand to this day quite frankly. My father was a master of etiquette, he worked as a banker and always took a briefcase which never had anything in it. I reckon he though he looked superior to the normal peasants who roamed the streets of New London. Alas, I had a marvellous upbringing, I was always prosperous in lessons. Never had to resit those blasted exams or whatever the silly people that slave away in those institutions call them. I became a successor to my father who managed to kill himself shortly after becoming the CEO of the bank he worked for. After some years of running this we went bust. I got bored of wasting money, by that I mean I spent it all and I now really need a job.

Any special notes: I only accept two sugars and one teaspoon of milk in my tea.

Why did you decide to apply for BMM?: Because I have no money and I'm starving in my mansion which I should not really be living in.

Were you referred here by Bowex)?: No.

BMM reserves the right to dismiss you from service and/or employment, temporarily or otherwise, should you not follow the company's guidelines or by placing the company's reputation in jeopardy.

Do you agree to these terms?
Yes.

Signed: George Michael Richard Farthing

RE: Bretonian Mining & Manufacturing Recruitment - Abolisher - 10-27-2014

Name:
Bernard Mablethorpe Harris Sr
Place of Birth:
Planet Cambridge
Date of Birth:
07/07/777
Physical Description:
Grey hair, slim build
Brief Autobiography:
Spent all of my adulthood up to recently racing; they called me 'Lucky seven', because of my extremely rare birthday. Then my son was born, Bernard Mablethorpe Harris Jr (my wife named him), and it turns out that racing runs in the family. Unfortunately he happens to have the edge over me, and I spent all of the money I earned as number 1 investing into a factory on Leeds, (and drinking various rare blends of tea). Not so lucky then eh? Well, at least I have (most of) a house on Cambridge, although I could do with a job before Mr Tax man comes knocking.
Any special notes:
Inability to resist a good race, and a slight craving for the finest blends of Tea
Why did you decide to apply for BMM?:
Well, I'd rather not die inside half a home without at least having one last cup of tea.
Were you referred here by Bowex)?:
No
Yes
Signed:
Bernard Mablethorpe Harris Sr

RE: Bretonian Mining & Manufacturing Recruitment - Euca - 10-27-2014

To: Mr Farthing, Mr Harris.
Encryption: Cooled Bridges
Subject: Employment!

To Mr Farthing,
Approximately 25 Bretonians die a year because of too much tea intake. I am deeply sorry to hear your mother was one of the unfortunate ones, but I am deeply surprised by your upbringing! Your father definitely knew how to make an image, that's for sure.

Oh and if you need cash, you need to look no further! BMM offers minimum average wages for Trainees and Employees, so you can expect to be back on your feet in no time!

To Mr Harris,
Seven is actually the number on which I bet my dog's life that I'd eventually become CEO of this company and look where I am now! We need more sevens here, even if you haven't had the best of luck. I am actually an official endorser of the number 7 in all situations! Crazy, huh!

Also, if you love tea, then you'll love the bi-monthly High Teas we hold on the Trainee's budget, that is, if you're not a Trainee! We import all sorts of tea for the sipping, which is quite the event!

I hereby deem your applications:

[ACCEPTED]

RE: Bretonian Mining & Manufacturing Recruitment - tommyt127 - 01-11-2015

Name:
Thaw, Ed
Place of Birth:
London, Earth. Orion arm, milky way.
Date of Birth:
2281ad
Physical Description:
Height: 6ft1
Weight: 185kg
Build: medium
Skin colour: caucasian
hair colour: white
Side note - apart from the hair colour I look like the average 30 year old.
Brief Autobiography:
I was born and raised cockney, mam with two geezers. Dad who dint care. I suppose I was the average kid, got picked on in school for liking gems instead of soldier stuff. Everybody was groomed for military service those days. The coalition never gave the population a break. Anyway, I got out unscathed, and did a uni degree in mineral based power generation. Turns out I had common interest wi' loads of people. It's old tech now, but at the time we were on the cutting edge of science. We were assigned as a university group, to develop a fusion power source with gemstone at its heart. We succeeded, but our professor took all of the credit. I hear he died a rich man.
after 6 years of doing nothin' (didn't feel like contributing to society after that) my sister and I (we shared a housing module) ran into financial difficulty. After much nudging by her, as she worked nights as a trauma nurse) I finally scoured the job market for something I could do.
with my degree now obsolete, and my work already sold, I couldn't find nuffin! So, I contacted my original uni fraternity. Long story short, we all were out of work, and needed to come up with something fast.
after 2 1/2 years of occasional research, we designed a new fusion reactor that would not only outpower our original design, but render it inert.
our biggest challenge, collecting the precious stones we needed. We embarked on an expedition, to find the 3 key gems we needed. This involved drilling down into the earth's core, from the south pole. Thankfully the whole thing was paid for by a friend who tells me 'he gained it legally, just doesn't want it'.
Down at our dig site, days turned into months, then months into years.
we did manage to find the raw materials we needed (most anyway) before the coalition started using the weather to control the population. Our days in the mine shaft were severe, ranging from bitter cold, to inhospitable.
Then our heater failed. As you would expect, we managed to get to relative safety, and even set up a backup generator to provide some heat. My last memory of earth is curling up next to the heating vent to sleep.
I arrived on planet new london last year (821as) and had to learn everything anew.
the med teams there tell me that my cryo pod is an older design than most, and that it was discovered flashing and turning critical when the new library was having its foundations dug. It seems the original settlers didn't have the means to revive me, as newer pods have their own revival systems. Mine did not.
I really wish I could remember more of earth, as it has always been my home. New london seems the next best thing.
Glued onto the side of my stasis pod was a datachip. Among other things, it included this message:
"May you find this message in peace and not war, in health and not sickness, in youth and not old age. We hope that you find a new life in the future. Signed, sis."
There was so much more in that datachip, but I'm not yet strong enough to share it's contents with everybody, as the bbc will probably not leave me alone.
yes my friends survived, for a while anyway.
now it's time to make my sis proud.
With your permission BMM, you could be my new lease of life.
Yours expeditiously
Ed Thaw.
Any special notes:
I already have some credits for a ship, as a charity that helps to provide new ships for new pilots has provided them.
timezone: GMT
Why did you decide to apply for BMM?:
Inrp: I've always been a digger, cryo storage aside. I like the idea of having open space to dig in.
inrl: first official faction I've ever applied for. I read the roll call thread and would like to boost BMM activity
Were you referred here by Bowex)?:
Nope
S.K.Y.P.3 Handle:
tommyt127
Yes, absolutely
Signed:

[Image: Sketch1100046-1_zps4giewtx4.png]

RE: Bretonian Mining & Manufacturing Recruitment - Euca - 01-11-2015

To: Mr Thaw.
Encryption: Chilly History

To Mr Thaw,
While I find your history somewhat hard to believe, having an 850 year old man on our team could be useful for avoid certain tax attacks. For now, your in. But if yer start actin' all jazzed up because the cold did some damage to your brain, I'm sending you packing.

I hereby deem your application:

[ACCEPTED]

RE: Bretonian Mining & Manufacturing Recruitment - Danny-boy - 01-11-2015

Bretonia Mining and manufacturing application form.

[Image: fO5bc.png]

Name: John Smith

Place of Birth: Planet New London

Date of Birth: 18th of April 799 AS

Physical Description: 5ft 10in, 75Kg, slim build, short curly brown hair with a few patches of grey and dark blue eyes.

Brief Autobiography: From an early age I was always obsessed with space ships and wondering what it would be like to go into space, it was probably due to the fact that my Father would often take me to work with him at one of the numerous docking pads for space craft on Planet New London where he helped to maintain the machines. It was always so thrilling seeing the workers just before they left for their shifts out there in the void, seeing the grins on their faces as they climbed into their ships and watching from afar as they started the launch sequence before quickly disappearing away into the clouds. Well I suppose that must have had a bit of an effect on me growing up.

I wasn't exactly what you would call, well the academic type. Nonetheless I persevered in my goals to become an astronaut and I guess with a bit of help and encouragement from my family I succeeded because I managed to pass high school with decent grades and with the government help scheme I found a place in college where I was allowed to study mechanics, this degree allowed me to not only repair and service basic spacecraft but it also gave me the skills I needed to be able to fly freighter class (and below) vessels.

Shortly after I passed college I met a nice Junker fellow, well I thought he was nice. He gave me a once in a life time offer, a Clydesdale freighter that was apparently just a little rough around the edges and all I had to pay was my families life savings of 300,000 credits for it! How could I refuse? My father was not impressed to say the least, more so when we realised that 'a little rough around the edges' meant that it had no life support systems, no engine and no shield generator. By the time we realised this and I tried to take it back the Junker was nowhere to be seen.

After that little incident I had to work three jobs just to be able to start repaying my father and I may have diverted a few credits here and there I made from my jobs to a little side project of mine. Within a few months I had managed to get my little Clydesdale up and running. The second I managed that I left and never looked back! Good riddance I thought.

I was free, all of space was mine there was plenty to do and see, there was nothing that could stop me! Except for possibly the fact that I didn't have a credit to my name and by the time I reached the Dublin system I had almost ran out of fuel and barely had enough money for my next meal, and so it happens that I am moored to Graves Station for the time being completing odd little jobs like cleaning the toilets and mopping the hallways.

Naturally I decided that my skills could be put to much better use and so I grabbed this application form, and well you know the rest.

Any special notes: Yes, as of this moment and for the next few days - a week if you can managed it - I would avoid deck 4 of Graves... There has been a bit of a, erm... spillage. Oh and yes I am also of this moment only qualified to fly vessels up to and including the freighter class.

Why did you decide to apply for BMM?: Well I was hoping to find a job that is a little better than cleaning up the toilets, I also feel that I have the skill set and the qualifications necessary to do so.

Were you referred here by Bowex)?: No.

S.K.Y.P.3 Handle: danny-boy.666

Do you agree to these terms? Yes, I do.

Signed:
Mr. John Smith

RE: Bretonian Mining & Manufacturing Recruitment - Euca - 01-12-2015

To: Mr Smith.
Encryption: Dormant Numbers

To Mr Smith,
We all experience hardship in life. With the current economical situation, we could all use some finances here and there. And while this Junker ripped you off, rest assured we won't. We might try, but probably won't succeed. Probably.

Your skills in piloting freighters and below will come in handy for security reasons and if you so choose to, you can take BMM's apprenticeship program and take up the reins of your very own Hegemon.
I hereby deem your application:

[ACCEPTED]