Discovery Gaming Community
Bretonian Mining & Manufacturing Recruitment - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Bretonian Mining & Manufacturing Recruitment (/showthread.php?tid=49593)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Bretonian Mining & Manufacturing Recruitment - Croft - 05-08-2012

Incoming Message...

To Mr Ross

Well first lemme thank you for considerin' me, Jim is'a common name, I used ta' be Jim Lad when I was younger you can call me Jim, Jimmy or Oates makes no difference.
As fer the BPA, its small stuff from bouncin' assault, grevious bodily 'arm from when I 'ad to use a chair on some fella who wouldn't stay down and recently couple of 'em got into a brawl, plain clothes coppers so I laid 'em out like any other upstart. Got a warnin' for it, think I came off tha' better, best photo I'd had in years.
Shouldn't be a problem mind, if yer need anythin' else I've got that thing, wassit called? Sky? Skip? Either way I'll chuck it on tha' end of this message.

Jim Oates

<Attached File>
Skyp3 ID: baseili01

Bretonian Mining &amp; Manufacturing Recruitment - Xelon - 05-19-2012

Name: Arthur Sparrow
Place of birth: Leeds
Date of birth: 28/06/780
Sex: Male
Physical description: Tall and skinny that sould be enough for a description I guess

Biography (in first-person):
Well got born on Leeds, parents aint the richest of people so I ain't had much for my childhood
School wasn't the true thing ye know too much reading I started working with my parents in the smelter. A good time there ye know till there where more with me than getting the ore you see?
Well what I heard those Miners ain't earning that bad.
So got myselfe a nice ship from eh Junker. Didn't fall apart, that 's good enough for me ye know.

Why you want to join Bretonia mining & Manufacturing[Mining Division]:
I'm Mining since more than a jear as an Indipendant Miner would say I got practice ye see?
Shooting rocks works for me so far why stop now?
And the smelter me parents work in belonges to BMM so why should I not work for you too?

Anyone from Bowex) send you here?
Got a Friend called Peters there *grins* that lad only thinks about work ye see? Helped me with the ship I now got in buying Ore.

BMM reserves the right to release you of service by not following the company's guidelines and/or placing the company's reputation in jeopardy!
Do you agree to these terms? yes

Signed: Arthur Sparrow

Bretonian Mining &amp; Manufacturing Recruitment - bloogaL - 05-19-2012

• Name: Reginald Watson (though I prefer Reg)
  • Place of birth: Planet New London
  • Date of birth: 796 AS
  • Sex: Male
  • Physical description: 1.84m tall, well built
  • Biography (in first-person): I (as I've already told you) was born on Planet New London to my poor, working class parents. My father (now retired) worked in a metal factory and my mother stayed at home to look after me, and my two brothers, Terry and Sam. Although we're from a poor background, I was accepted into one of the more highly regarded schools in the city. While I was there I met a boy my age by the name of Nigel Wellington. He cam from a rich background and we couldn't have been more different. Never the less, we got on and soon became good friends. At the end of our last year in school he told me he would be applying to Bowex. His parents had promised him a Shire if he was accepted. He of course was taken in and flying in the famous Bowex convoys in no time. Me however, I didn't know what to do, my parents weren't rich enough to afford a transport, and I really didn't want one anyway. After a while, Nigel got in touch with me to catch up, see how I was going, of course I told him about how I had no job. He suggested joining Bowex, they'd give me a free Clydesdale, but as you know I didn't want that, so then he suggested you, BMM. Being rich 'n' all he said he'd cut me a little money for a mining ship if I got in, well I couldn't say no to that, could I?
  • Special notes: I'll need training, I've not really done this at all, my only mining knowledge comes from a few lessons we did about it in school.
  • Why you want to join Bretonia mining & Manufacturing[Mining Division]: I've no clue where else to turn, and I'll be broke by the end of the month if I don't get a job.
  • Anyone from Bowex) send you here? Nigel Wellington of the Bowex)Whitecliff
  • BMM reserves the right to release you of service by not following the company's guidelines and/or placing the company's reputation in jeopardy!
    Do you agree to these terms? yes/no. Yes
Signed: R.Watson

Bretonian Mining &amp; Manufacturing Recruitment - Champ - 05-20-2012

>>INCOMING TRANSMISSION<<
[Image: Transmission%20BMM.png]
- Encryption: Still Not Really -
~Message Begin~

Mr Sparrow:

Your voice is confusing me, but that's pretty regular around here. Given your connections at Bowex we will be granting you a position after a probationary period.

Keep in mind we'll have a close eye on you.

---

Mr Watson:

Please note this is the rare occasion we would address you by your last name. Reg will be just fine from here on. Training is always provided, just in case workers don't actually know what they're doing. You seem like a capable person and you should find you'll be making quite a steep profit, here.

Welcome aboard.

Ian Ross
~Message End~
>>TRANSMISSION CEASED<<

Bretonian Mining &amp; Manufacturing Recruitment - redon27 - 05-20-2012

Planet New London, New London System, 20. May 819 A.S.
"Are you sure this is enough, I mean - uh, should I say anything else?" She walks around the livingroom nervously. One of the few nice days in their city is coming to an end, she has spent it indoors all day. A middle-aged man is sitting in an armchair, reading the news on his tablet. "But uncle James, when I look around the bar, at Thames, it'€™s all'€¦ I don'€™t know if'€¦ I didn'€™t find anyone like me! They'€™re all '€“" '€“ "Oh Emily, stop racking your brains over this already, it'€™ll be fine!", he says. He puts his tablet on a small table, and looks up to her. "The BMM should be glad to get someone different into their workforce, and if you keep doing your work so well, they'll know whose niece they're dealing with!" He puffs away on his pipe, looking amused. "If you say so..." She sighs. "I'll go make this application now, yes?" She hesitates and looks at him. He laughs, then shakes his head. "I won't believe that until I see it, I've been sitting here for -" He raises his left arm, looking at his watch. "Okay, okay!" She puts a determined look on her face, walks across the small room to the table in the other corner, and grabs her own tablet as she sits down on one of the three chairs.

[font=Agency FB]
~ Incoming Transmission from Planet New London (48.78.12.44.102.169.218.87) ~
~ Date: 20. May 819 A.S. ~
Pilot ID: Emily.Norwood
To: BMM Application Department, Thames Station
Encryption: Low
Topic: Application to BMM Mining division from Emily Norwood

[color=#FFFFFF]Name: "My name is Emily Norwood."
Place of birth: "I was born on Planet Erie in Pennsylvania. So I'm a Libertonian, I guess." she says, rolling her eyes.
Date of birth: "I was born on the 6th May, 802 A.S... so that makes me 17 years old!"
Sex: "Female."

Physical description: "I'm 5' 8'' tall (1,72 m), I have amber eyes and orange-ish/blonde hair! I'm not really strong enough, to uh.. lift heavy things or anything, but..." She smiles. "I'm a healthy one, don't worry about that!"

Biography: "I was born on Planet Erie in Liberty, where I grew up with my mom. She was born there, too, and she spent her whole life on Planet Erie! Maybe that's why she's kind of weird sometimes. I don't know much about my dad, actually... I've never seen him, and my mom says she doesn't know where he went. He's from Bretonia, just like my uncle, uncle James! - uh... James Norwood. He used to work as a miner on Stokes, for BMM too! Uncle James always took care of me as much as he could from far away, and he told me a lot about his life in Bretonia.
Personally, I don't really like Planet Erie... there's so many strange people! Some talking about uh.. Discordia or something, others seeming completely mentally confused!
I took some piloting lessons and eventually got a license for small spacecraft, and when I finished school I used my savings to travel to Planet New London on a liner. I was excited to see uncle James and Bretonia, it sounded much nicer than Planet Erie from what he had told me, and it actually is! If only it wasn't so noisy where we live...
Well, my uncle had this little mining ship that he had rarely ever used, and he gave it to me so I could fly by myself and learn how to be a miner! My uncle has been giving me a lot of help where I needed it, and I don't want to let him down!"

Special notes: "The ship he gave me... it's called the Surveyor MV-422-B. It's a really pretty ship! It was a present from my uncle, and it means a lot to me - I, uh... I heard from my uncle that he was given one of those big.. heg.. Hegemons when he used to work for BMM, I just - I have no idea how to fly those! And I would really like to keep my little ship, if that's possible?"

Why you want to join Bretonia mining & Manufacturing[Mining Division]: "Because I really like mining, of course! My uncle suggested I should try it, to see if it's something for me, and he was right! After all the busy life on Planet New London, I really like flying out in space where's it's all quiet. I think mining is a very calming thing to do, and I've been having fun working with BMM and Bowex employees I've met so far! Uncle James told me how important the job you do is for the Bretonian economy, and how happy he is that Stokes is back in Bretonian hands after he retired because of his heart problems. I'd love to take his place and do my best!"

Anyone from Bowex) send you here? "Ah.. uh, no, well - actually, I have met some nice Bowex transport captains who suggested I should write an application! That was a while ago though, and I don't remember their names..."

BMM reserves the right to release you of service by not following the company's guidelines and/or placing the company's reputation in jeopardy!
Do you agree to these terms?
"Yes!"

Signed:
[Image: emilysig2.png]
~ End of transmission ~

Bretonian Mining &amp; Manufacturing Recruitment - Champ - 05-21-2012

- Encryption: Sorta Not Storta -
~Message Begin~

Miss Norwood:

We'd be pleased to accept any skilled miner into the workforce. Given your references I imagine you wouldn't be told to apply if you weren't appropriate to the position. Regardless, I hold some concern over your age noting the dangerous nature of our business. Your application is accepted, but I expect the gents will be keeping a protective eye on you. You'll be mining in groups only for now, I expect.

You're fully welcome to maintain and use your own ship, however we'll encourage you to board a DU5-7Y class ship and learn the controls as part of the skillset expected and training provided. You needn't fly one yet though.

Welcome to BMM.

Ian Ross
~Message End~
>>TRANSMISSION CEASED<<

Bretonian Mining &amp; Manufacturing Recruitment - belly - 05-27-2012

Application for BMM

Name: Jack Brown

Place of birth: Planet New London

Date of birth: Unknown

Physical description:
Short, Fat , Ugly

Biography:
Found Floating in a shuttle in Dublin Mine Field. Brought to New Londont where i was raised.

Why do you want to join Bretonia mining & Manufacturing:
To make money and wealth for myself and the greatest corperation in Sirius..

BMM keeps the right to release you of service by not following the companys guidelines and bringing the companys reputation in jeopardy!
Do you agree to these terms? Yes

Signed: Jack Brown

Bretonian Mining &amp; Manufacturing Recruitment - Champ - 05-27-2012

- Encryption: nopenopenopenopenope -
~Message Begin~

Mr Brown:

I'm afraid you have supplied insufficient information for us to accept your application. Hence, your application has been denied.

You are welcome to reapply, but ensure you fill out all fields in future applications. We just don't know enough about you from what you've provided. And Mr Brown, flattery will get you nowhere.

Ian Ross
~Message End~
>>TRANSMISSION CEASED<<

Bretonian Mining &amp; Manufacturing Recruitment - belly - 05-27-2012

' Wrote:Application for BMM

Name: Jack Brown

Place of birth: Planet New London

Date of birth: Unknown

Physical description:
Short, Fat , Ugly

Biography:
Found Floating in a shuttle in Dublin Mine Field. Brought to New Londont where i was raised.
Why do you want to join Bretonia mining & Manufacturing:
To make money and wealth for myself and the greatest corperation in Sirius..

BMM keeps the right to release you of service by not following the companys guidelines and bringing the companys reputation in jeopardy!
Do you agree to these terms? Yes
Signed: Jack Brown

I appologise for the lack of Information Mr Ross. I am a man of little words and little history. As stated in my application i was found in a Shuttle in Dublin and was rescued by a Bretonia Mining Pilot who returned me to New London.

This is was when i was just a child so i do not know my date of birth but my DNA has been dated at about 24 Years.

The shuttle contained no information relating to my origins. I wish to thank Bretonia Mining & Manufacturing for saving me by devoting my life to their cause.

I am 5 Foot 5, Bald and support a moustache.

I have spent the last 20 years on Ne London being raised by a surrogate family on the city limits. They are space farers so i have extentive experience in navigating the stars and have learnt at first hand the importance of diplomacy in Sirius.

About 6 years ago my Surrogate father bought me a Starflier as flying through the stars has been a dream of mine. I would often fly to the outer reaches and explore remote areas including the massive Mining fields that occupy Sirius. I often met several Miners who's dedication to their cause was nothing short of amazing.

It just confirmed what i wanted to do with my life.

I hope this is enough information for you but if not i am happy to answer any questions you may have.

Thank You

Jack Brown,

Bretonian Mining &amp; Manufacturing Recruitment - Champ - 06-03-2012

- Encryption: Eh. -
~Message Begin~

Mr Brown:

Following your increased effort to provide information and further information, your application has been accepted.

We'll contact you over secure channels shortly and ensure you have the required equipment.

Ian Ross
~Message End~
>>TRANSMISSION CEASED<<