Discovery Gaming Community
-The Drunken Junker Pub- - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Watering Holes (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=149)
+---- Thread: -The Drunken Junker Pub- (/showthread.php?tid=49622)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

-The Drunken Junker Pub- - munsan_009 - 11-19-2010

John take a good look at Tess as she leave with the drinks, then lift his ale and take a sip without lifting his eyes of Tess. He then puts down the cup and brings his attention to Johnny with a smile on his face "thats interesting..." He bring his attention back to Tess.. "well i have to say this is the best drink i had in long time thank you.." puts his glass down and some credits.

-The Drunken Junker Pub- - TFinnegan - 11-20-2010

TAP
Murphy sets the empty pint glass down and wipes his mouth with his forearm. He's nearly fully reclined as he sits at a back booth of the Congress lounge, listening to the Congressmen banter.
TAP TAP TAP
He raises his eyebrow at Congressman Finnegan, as the grisled old captain continuosly taps his titanium tipped cane on the marble floor.
TAP TAP
"Really, Cap'm?" he says under his breath. "Can ye nae stop wif th' cane? S' givin me a bloody headache. Caw..."
He closes his eyes, his mind bent on figuring out how in the hell that rat, Pharo got away from him in the Omegas.

Finn nods to Congressman McMillan.
"Aye, lads." Finn says, "Planetform's a bloody fine place ta start. They willnae talk ta me, Oi've been a spike in thier tires fer a time now, but p'raps ye lot can open them lines..."

He stops as Tess taps him on the shoulder, and with a nod of her head, inicates the bar.
He winks, nods, and stabs his cane into the floor, levering his weight onto it to stand.
TAP

"Scuse me, boyos. Business, aye?" he says to the Congressmen as he makes for the smoked glass doors.
"Murph!" he shouts without turning. "Keep yer ears open an' keep me posted, laddy."

The doors shoosh open and he makes for the lone Captain at the bar, noticing Dekker's vigilant oversight of the two thugs as he passes.

-The Drunken Junker Pub- - Drunken Junker - 11-20-2010

Johnny, wiping a thick flagon out with a rag, smiles his snake-charmer smile at Captain John.
"We don't serve Sidewinder Fang or any of that swill 'round 'ere, mate. We've standards!" he says, flashing his teeth.
"And ya know what they say 'bout Liberty Ale bein' much like makin' love in a canoe, aye?" he asks, slyly.
"S' effin' close ta water, 'tis."

-The Drunken Junker Pub- - munsan_009 - 11-20-2010

the captain senses kicks in "keep em coming then Johnny, the stronger the better he calls" he notice a figure appear in the reflection of the half empty glass, and the guard whos making his crew a bit twitchy from his his look "and a bottle and two glass for my friends by the door he adds" he gives his crew a sign to take a sit at far end of the bar to keep an eye from far. "your man sure knows how to keep an eye out for trouble doesnt he or should i say one eye *he smile*"

-The Drunken Junker Pub- - TFinnegan - 11-21-2010

Finn walks over to Captain John's side and, resting his cane agaisnt the bar, profers his hand to the fellow.

"Me pilot tells me wha' ye n' yer foine ship were o' great aid to 'im in trackin' that sheep-buggerer Pharo." he says with a wide smile.

"Ye've th' thanks o' th' Gordon Junkers an' sure. Aye an' yer tab's paid fer th' trouble as well. Ye an' yers are welcome ta anything on th' MENU, free o' charge." he says with a sly smirk, stabbing a finger at the menu imprinted on the bar while indicating Tess with a flash of his steely eyes.
"Tha' lass, ye cannae afford, lad. Oi promise ye."

-The Drunken Junker Pub- - munsan_009 - 11-22-2010

John looks at Finnegan with a smile " aye we did our part fine, lost a few men in process, still it was a good hunt, and thank ya for the free drinks am sure my boys will like that fine" his smile turns to the bottom of his drink as to remember his fallen crew, he looks back at Finnegan as he looks at Tess, "I dont know about that, I usually steal things that i cant afford" he laughs as he remembers a childhood memory, he looks at Tess as if she understands the two men talking about her, "I suppose matters are diffrent this time, still one cant help fall victim to a beautiful creature" his eyes fall even deeper in Tess's.

-The Drunken Junker Pub- - TFinnegan - 11-24-2010

Finn slaps Captain John on the shoulder with a grin and says "Well, laddy. Ye're welcome to try, aye. Ye'll nae be th' first. Jus' consider yerself warned, aye? More'n one spacer's left th' joint with half his fingers broke." he indicates Declan, all seven feet of whom is busy stripping a Bunschuh pilot of his guns and tossing them in a locker.
"Dekker 'ere takes 'is job serious, he do. An' protectin' th' staff be his first priority."

Finn turns to smile at the Pirate Captain, but his head swivels around again towards the door, his eyes gleaming. Two Molly pilots in full kilted regalia enter, and one hands a note to Declan. The name Finnegan drifts through the noise, born by a thick Irish accent.

"Scuse me, aye? Seems me fishin' pole hae started a'twitchin'." Finn smiles and shakes the Captain's hand again.
"I've got to see a guy. About a thing. At th' place." he smiles.
"Ye understand, aye?"

Indicating a sound-dampened table to the Mollys, he heads toward it, clacking his cane as he strides.

-The Drunken Junker Pub- - munsan_009 - 11-24-2010

Cpt.John raise his drink to Finn with a smile "good hunting then Mr.Finn" the captain then turns his attention to his crew laughing and drinking still to notice the two molly, he takes a bottle and his glass to join them...
he then take a sit and puts his bottle on the table while keeping his drink in his hand
"getting comfortable are we boys...?" his crew 'Bill and Will' turns to look around then Bill leans toward John "did ya find wat yer lookin for captain..?" the captain then turns around to the molly that came in, then looks at Bill "not yet, we might have to keep looking some more, send a transmission to the crew to bring my ship, wer gona head out" then he takes one look at Tess "thats a fine looking woman" he said while Bill and Will agrees in silence.

-The Drunken Junker Pub- - Doc Holliday - 11-28-2010

It was several weeks later after the mishap of Purple Mist. During his trade runs, Doc figured "why not check in on ol' Finnegan and see how he's doing?" Besides that, he knew they wouldn't mind the various goods in his hold. He took a seat in the bar and was immediately greeted.

"Good to see you again, Doc," said the bartender.
Doc just smiled, "Good to be back. Hey, while the loadmaster unloads my hold, I could use a drink. Say, Bourbon?"
"Be right back with it...and I'll send Mr. Finnegan a message that you're hear," he said as he walked away.

As he waited, he just looked around. Things seemed to be in order. Feeling a bit fidgety, he took a pack of playing cards from one of his inside pockets and began shuffling them like the gambler he sometimes was. As he shuffled, the bartender returned.

"Here's your drink, Mr. Holliday," he said, "and Mr. Finnegan knows your here."
Doc just smiled, "Thank you. I'll just wait a bit. Leave the bottle if you would." The bartender obliged and walked away.
As Doc waited, he continued shuffling the cards.

-The Drunken Junker Pub- - TFinnegan - 11-28-2010

"Doc Bloody Holliday!" Finn shouted as he steps into the bar from the back offices, his cane clacking into the ferrous steel deck. He smiles broadly and points at the infamous medic, nodding to Johnny the barkeep.

"Now tha' one, 'e don't pay fer nuthin', lad. Ye put his whole crew's bill on my tab, aye Johnny-boy?" Tim approaches the Doctor, and glancing at the blurring cards, offers his hand to the man.

Johhny grins and winks. "One step ahead of ya, Cap'm." he replies, and slides a frothing flagon of Invergordon Black Ale toward his boss.

"Well Mr. Holliday," Finn asks, shaking the hand of the man whose ministrations saved his life. "What brings ye 'round 'ese parts? Anything me n' mine can do, ye need but arsk. As me Maltese friends would say, me casa es su casa." He grins broadly and openly.