Discovery Gaming Community
Riders & Bicycles. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Riders & Bicycles. (/showthread.php?tid=49730)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Riders & Bicycles. - n00bl3t - 11-10-2010

So, I ride, and I know others do too. (Specifically Michal and Andi, not sure about anyone else.)

So, who else rides, and what is your setup and bike preference?

I am into hardtails mainly, for instance.

So, yes, that is about it.

Riders & Bicycles. - Zelot - 11-10-2010

I ride for transportation. Bikes are ideal for urban transportation. Currently I am riding a Saint Tropez 10 speed, it was the height of technology in 1983. I am currently thinking about getting a new road bike at some point.

' Wrote:I ride for transportation. Bikes are ideal for urban transportation. Currently I am riding a Saint Tropez 10 speed, it was the height of technology in 1983. I am currently thinking about getting a new road bike at some point.

Well, I do not do road much, but I daresay an upgrade to an aluminium or carbon frame would help. XD. (You want to be as light as possible.)

Not sure what to recommend though. Got a budget in mind?

And yes, bikes are ideal for short commutes in an urban location.

Riders & Bicycles. - Aoyagi - 11-10-2010

I ride Scott Voltage 2007 or what year was that. It has the original setup except renewed Marzocchi suspension which I managed to crack. The Hayes brakes needs fixing though >.>

This honey describes my preferred setup quite well, but it could be a bit lighter then 18kg (40 pounds -ish).

So what exactly do you have, Nooblet?

Riders & Bicycles. - Govedo13 - 11-10-2010

Me!
I have old Hercules for road.
I have nice 24er for DJ
I sold my own FS bike 6 months ago.
I will buy this for the new season.
I am totally in love in my old XT 203er breaks from 2004.
I unfortunately dont have many options to ride in Germany( I mean real freeride not parks)
I ride when I am in Bulgaria and when I have time for it.
I have broken my nose and my two legs only with one Jump.

' Wrote:I ride Scott Voltage 2007 or what year was that. It has the original setup except renewed Marzocchi suspension which I managed to crack. The Hayes brakes needs fixing though >.>

This honey describes my preferred setup quite well, but it could be a bit lighter then 18kg (40 pounds -ish).

So what exactly do you have, Nooblet?

DH or Hardtail? (I see two Scott Voltage types and I have never ridden Scott.)

I have quite a few bikes. I collect them. Much likes cruisers. XD. (You will notice a Specialized obsession.)

Specialized Hardrock Disc 2010. (Marzocchi 44 RLO forks. Alex DP20 Rims. Avid Elixir's. Shimano XTR components all around, except for hubs, which need replacing as soon as possible. Random carbon seatpost, also needs replacing. FSA handlebar and stem. Stock everything else.)

Specialized Hardrock Disc 2007. (Changed shifters, rear and front derailleur to SRAM x7's. Crankset is an FSA triple chainring one. Easton handlebar and stem. Everything else stock.)

Trek 4400 Disc. (On loan to a friend. Do not really care about it much. Frame is starting to rust and I cannot be bothered.)

Trek 4300 2006. (Being rebuilt completely. Stripped frame and repainting. Got Mavic 217 SUP old school rims to go on it. Deore XT components all around, except I broke my old XT rear derailleur, so XTR for rear. Deore XT V brakes. Easton handlebars and KORE seatpost along with an SDG saddle Rock Shox Judy forks with Chris King stem.)

Specialized Rockhopper. (Stock. Destroyed frame. Parts awaiting carbon frame.)

Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Elite. (Stock, rarely used. Sits in a locked garage at work.)

I am looking to try and afford a Cannondale some time. Preferably a lefty for comedic purposes more than anything else.:lol:

Riders & Bicycles. - Evan_ - 11-10-2010

Sure I do. I have a roadster, 7 kilograms, singo wheels on 8.5 bars, some of the gauges and a brake were removed to make it even lighter. It's designed to zoom between the lanes at the speed of 40-60kmph in trafic-jams, so I can laugh on the people who rot in their cars.

Riders & Bicycles. - Snoozzzer - 11-10-2010

I ride a fair bit. Not so much road, but cross country and downhill.

Between hardtails and softtails....eh, love 'em both. Hopping down a rough XC trail is too much fun on my short Shadow

Setup wise, I personally run both my hardtail and session with rather stiff and slow suspension. The 888 ATA is a pain to setup and heavy, but has consistent damping and NEVER bends / twists. Stiff as can be.

Medium tire pressures (maybe...35 / 40? I hate pinch flats.) Between the Nevegals I used to run, and the Minions I now use, the Kenda's would be great for when pushing your limits in XC. But as soon as you start getting faster and leaning confidently, minions ftw. They're like...wow, but require one to really lean, whereas the Nevegals are more friendly for passive riding.

Erm...oh, brakes. Juicy 7's, with as much bite as can be bled into 'em.

Riders & Bicycles. - ophidian - 11-10-2010

I was a pro cyclist for several years, won 3 medals for under 21 teams in
Turkey with METU.

I was using a Renault thingy, cannot remember the details, this is like 10+ years ago.

It had a special brake system that prevented the locking of tires and it had a very very fluent gear system, something that came to mountain bikes years later.

I quit cycling back in 99 and didn't even try to ride one again.

I also had a Peugeot mountain bike with irobars and all that stuff. Fun times.

Riders & Bicycles. - Seth Karlo - 11-10-2010

I own a Specialized Hardrock Sport with disc brakes, was a birthday present. Love it completely, pretty useless on the road, but there are tons of off road trails around my town which almost no one except me can use. Fantastic build quality.

-Seth