Discovery Gaming Community
To: BPA, BAF, RM, RFP, Bowex, and other affected parties - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: BPA, BAF, RM, RFP, Bowex, and other affected parties (/showthread.php?tid=49850)

Pages: 1 2

To: BPA, BAF, RM, RFP, Bowex, and other affected parties - quantum244 - 11-13-2010

---INCOMING TRANSMISSION---
---SOURCE: COMMERCIAL LINER GREYCLIFFE---
---GENERAL BROADCAST TO BRETONIA AND RHEINLAND---

To whom it may concern,

Captain Quantum Psychosis here. I have decided to take action to get to the bottom of this rather bizarre mess one of the more prominent and profitable shipping routes has become. First, I would ask that you read the following transcripts of a conversation between Quantum Neurosis and the office of Admiral Voelkel followed by a conversation with a Mr. McDonald of Gateway Shipping:

The transcript between Neurosis and Miss Kirsch:

To whomever it may concern,

Allow me to begin by introducing myself. I am Captain Quantum Neurosis of the transport Glorious Dawn. I am also a supporter of Bretonia in their current war and I have been regularly hauling military vehicles into their space for a considerable length of time.

Recently, however, our leader, Quantum Psychosis, was stopped by a certain Polizei Officer Elbe who informed him of this restriction on the movement of such cargo. I find myself quite displeased, to say the least, for this cuts off my most reliable and dependable provider of military vehicles.

Therefore, in order to continue my trade, I would like to apply for a special permit to carry such vehicles from the Planet Nuremburg to the Battleship MacDuff in Tau-31 until such a time as this restriction is lifted.

I will, of course, pay any sort of tariff or registration fee, and I hope this matter can be resolved quickly.

Thank you for your time,
Quantum Neurosis

Miss Kirsch,

Forgive me for being impatient, but it has been over 24 hours since I sent my request, and even such a small period has resulted in enormous losses for both myself and Bretonia. Therefore, I must again humbly request that you examine my petition with all due haste.

I have further information which I, admittedly, should have included in my first message, and for that I apologize. Nevertheless, it should be noted that my current vessel is a Shetland Bretonian train and my identification is that of Border World Exports. Proof of this can be found here.

Once again, I will gladly pay any tariff or other fee that is required. Furthermore, I would like to add that I have begun shipping large quantities of Super Alloy to the Planet Nuremburg in the hopes of bettering relations between myself and the Rheinwehr. As before, I hope this situation can be resolved in a timely manner.

Thank you for your time,
Quantum Neurosis

Sehr geehrter Herr Neurosis,

Bowex as it is has full privileges to transport military vehicles already, but it should be the decision of the corporation's leadership if they allow independent shipping agents contracted by them to conduct such transfers as well.

Therefore, obtain permission from the Bowex leadership first and relay their message to us, then we will grant you free shipping rights, assuming they give you a positive reply.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Anna Kirsch,
Secretary of Admiral Alec Voelkel.

The transcript between Neurosis and Mr. McDonald:

To whomever it may concern,

Allow me to introduce myself. I am Quantum Neurosis, one the Melds, captain of the Shetland transport Glorious Dawn, and an independent contractor currently working under your name and identification. The reason I have contacted you is a simple one, but first, I would ask that you read the following transmissions between the office of Rheinwehr Admiral Voelkel and myself:

(The transcript entered here was a copy of that listed above.)

As you can see, in addition to obtaining permission from the Rheinwehr, I must also obtain permission from you, and so I would ask that you consider my application to begin shipping Military Vehicles from the Planet Nuremburg to the Battleship MacDuff posthaste. As before, I will be happy to pay any tariff or registration fees

I realize there may be some concern with my movement through occupied Tau-31 space, but I assure you, I have never once been interdicted by any Kusari forces. Should I ever happen to be stopped, you may count on my discretion in upholding your reputation as a Bretonian corporation.

As before, I hope this matter can be resolved in a timely manner.

Thank you for your time and cooperation,
Quantum Neurosis

Sir, good day to you and i hope you are well.

As you may or may not know Gateway Interstellar, while being a loyal Bretonian company, does not usually transport this cargo as Bowex, being a government controlled company, does most of this. I believe you will have to apply to the BPA for a license to carry this cargo through Bretonia and get BAF permission to fly it to the McDuff in Tau 31 via Edinburgh as the trade lane to there through Leeds is blocked.

I hope this has been of some help as i have noticed a silence from Bowex, not uncommon, to your message.
If i, and Gateway can help in any way please do not hesitate to contact me.

yours aye
Calum McDonald

As is evident, this is a ridiculous amount of hoops for anyone to jump through merely to supply Bretonia with war materials. That one must receive permission from no less than five different sources, paying fees and registration costs, is beyond belief!

I understand the need for security, and I understand that you have all had your troubles with smugglers and blockade runners in the past, but to tighten security to such a degree that an honest trader cannot make a living while supporting his House is nothing short of appalling.

Forgive me if I sound angry, I am simply frustrated that a matter that should have taken hours to resolve has instead taken days of going in circles with no resolution in sight. Thus, I bring the matter before you, the respective leaders of the factions outlined above. Something must be done to rectify this situation.

My personal suggestion would be to open a joint-registration channel purely for those who, like Neurosis, wish to bring Military Vehicles from Rheinland to Bretonia. Nonetheless, do as you see fit, but please, for the sake of the resolution of this matter, do something!

On that note, I leave it to you, ladies and gentlemen.

Regards,
Quantum Psychosis

To: BPA, BAF, RM, RFP, Bowex, and other affected parties - Sturmwind - 11-13-2010

=[[color=#33CC00]INCOMING TRANSMISSION]=

SOURCE: [color=#FFCC00][color=#FF0000]Unknown,[color=#33CC00] Braunschweig System.
[font=Impact]ENCRYPTION: [color=#FFCC00]Medium, port RM-CH-HC-23-F.

[color=#33CC00][font=Impact]Receiving...
[color=#33CC00][font=Impact]Decrypting...
[color=#33CC00][font=Impact]Opening...

[font=Verdana][color=#33CC00]SUBMITTER: [color=#FFCC00]Anna Kirsch, Rheinland Military Secretary.

[color=#33CC00]RECIPIENT: [color=#FFCC00]Quantum Neurosis.
[color=#33CC00]SUBJECT: [color=#FFCC00]Re: -

[color=#FFCC00]
Sehr geehrter Herr Neurosis,

First of all, let me emphasize that the regulation is in place due to the intensity of Liberty attacks we've been getting in the past few months and our need to focus our the production and deployment of military material for land-based combat, it's rather a full-scale conquest that we have to counter than the issue of smuggling or blockade running.

Bowex has been handling the military vehicle distribution in Bretonia, you should have addressed your message to them directly. What they do to the vehicles already bought and transported out is entirely of their concern, just as much as their regulation to their independent shipping agents. If they didn't give you a response, it may mean they want to preserve their monopoly on the market or that you may need to be patient while they handle their paperwork.

At any rate, we are restrictive of permission ourselves since we wouldn't like to lose the needed military vehicles for the defense of our systems. There is no need for the said channel since individual, unaffiliated traders won't be receiving permission, corporate leaderships can contact us. We aren't trying to obtain more money from "fees" or any other goods, it is exactly the military vehicles that we need. In that case, we have to be selective with allowing exceptions, truth to be told.

On the final note, as voiced numerously before, the restriction is most probably only temporary. If we push Liberty back on a constant basis, there will be no more need for land-based military power.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Anna Kirsch,

Encrypting...
[color=#33CC00][font=Impact]Closing...

[color=#009900][font=Tahoma]=[[color=#33CC00]TRANSMISSION TERMINATED]=

To: BPA, BAF, RM, RFP, Bowex, and other affected parties - Kaiserliche Polizei Rheinlands - 11-13-2010

[Image: RFPHeader1.png]
[Image: tumblr_lalzuiuf0O1qe0eclo1_r1_500.gif]

PRIORITY: [color=#33CC00]High
ENCRYPTION: Medium
IDENTIFICATION: Oberst Peter Maynard
SOURCE: Nibelung Polizei Plaza, Planet New Berlin
SUBJECT: RE:
[color=#000000]
Greetings. While I'm not really sure what this comunique redirection link was doing at my datapad, I should remind you, this regulation was issued by the Rheinwehr, therefore Bundespolizei has nothing to do with this. We only enforce it. As long as Admirality conisders situation on front to be dangerous, this regulation is unlike to be lifted, and RFP is definately out of power to grant exceptions to this order.

Although, I heard there're other massive sources of military venichles, as I've been told...
[Image: RFPFooter1.png]

To: BPA, BAF, RM, RFP, Bowex, and other affected parties - quantum244 - 11-15-2010

---INCOMING TRANSMISSION---
---SOURCE: COMMERCIAL LINER GREYCLIFFE---
---TO: ALL INVOLVED PARTIES---

Good day,

Allow me to begin by thanking the Rheinland Military and Polizei for their prompt responses. I have received further information which I believe should be noted. The following is a transmission by a certain Captain Walter Godwin in response to Mr. McDonald's message. If you would be so kind as to read it:

Now normally I tend to agree with our fine C.E.O. on most things as he has been running this company gracefully for years now, however on this matter I must object.

Under Bretonian law, this lad is indeed covered as a Bowex affiliate. His card and registration information verifies that he is a registered Bowex contractor and is therefore covered under the "and Bowex affiliates" clause in the Bretonian licensing charter. Unless I've made a drastic misunderstanding of the laws of the Crown, I believe this matter is indeed giving the run-around to an otherwise honest businessperson.

Walter Godwin, Director of Trade Operations, Gateway Interstellar.

Miss Kirsch, seeing as how your response appears to dictate that this does indeed fall under the jurisdiction of Bowex, and with this latest message in hand, I have granted permission to Quantum Neurosis to begin shipping Military Vehicles from Nuremburg once more. I fear I must also apologize for losing my temper and I hope you will understand my confusion and frustration in this matter.

Now, as for the concern of the need for Military Vehicles by the Rheinwehr, I believe the issue can be balanced seeing as how Neurosis has continued to ship Super Alloys and Ship Hull Panels into Rheinland. While Military Vehicles may eventually be needed on the ground, for the moment it appears that you are still waging a space-borne war and so I hope these materials prove valuable to you.

Furthermore, Oberst Maynard, should Neurosis continue to be intercepted by the Polizei, I will begin directing your Officers here and to the official Rheinwehr channel concerning the matter. I hope this is neither disruptive nor debilitating to your efficiency. As for the other sources of military vehicles, I have researched the matter and come up empty save for a few providers which are both difficult to reach and impossible to bargain with. If there is another source, it is sadly out of the grasp of us mere Melds.

Thank you both for your willingness to cooperate in this matter and for putting up with my volatile emotions. If there is anything further that should be discussed, I will leave this channel open.

Regards,
Quantum Psychosis

To: BPA, BAF, RM, RFP, Bowex, and other affected parties - Kaiserliche Polizei Rheinlands - 11-15-2010

[color=#000000]
Noted. We could use official confirmal from Bowex, though.

Although keep in mind certain officers of polizei suffer from nervousity, so don't take their efforts in establishing law heavily. Although, if you're offended by their behaviour, please foward your formal complainment to [color=#000000]our public feedback proccessing centre. We're right now working on increasing quality of our people and their conduct.

To: BPA, BAF, RM, RFP, Bowex, and other affected parties - Sturmwind - 11-15-2010

SOURCE: [color=#FFCC00][color=#FF0000]Unknown,[color=#33CC00] Braunschweig System.

[font=Verdana][color=#33CC00]SUBMITTER: [color=#FFCC00]Anna Kirsch, Rheinland Military Secretary.

[color=#FFCC00]
So basically, another Gateway representative saying it's a Bowex matter means the Bowex gave you permission... how exactly?

Do not make a hasty decision, Herr. The green light has not been granted from either of the sides yet.

Signed,

Anna Kirsch,

Encrypting...

To: BPA, BAF, RM, RFP, Bowex, and other affected parties - Makc_RU - 11-15-2010

*** Transmission***

To: Rheinland Police

Just to put the dot above the I, the BOWEX ships are not clear to transpor Military Vehicles from Munich to Tau-31? If it is a redundant question, please bare with me.

Thank you.

*** End of Tansmission .... Taranismission, Tarnsmission...<damn dyslexia> Tranmsission***

To: BPA, BAF, RM, RFP, Bowex, and other affected parties - Kaiserliche Polizei Rheinlands - 11-15-2010

[color=#000000]
Yes, civilian contractors working for Border World Exports aka independants aren't allowed to fullfill current agreement unless prior from Bowex officials is given. Proof should come as approval from Bowex directors themselves.

Please refer to this for further information: [color=#000000]>

To: BPA, BAF, RM, RFP, Bowex, and other affected parties - cmfalconer - 11-15-2010

Incoming Transmission
Encryption Level: All relevant parties
Message Source: Confirmed Clean

CommID:
Pete Conroy - Director Borderworlds Exports (Bowex)
Message Target: Current Message's Original Recipients - Various Locations
Message Source: Director of Operations Office - Scarborough Station : Newcastle
Subject: Flippant use of Borderworlds Exports Name and Reputation

Good lord, first bath toys and now mental disorders. Too much I say, too much.

Alright, let me get this straight. Just because you flim-flammed some paper-pusher down in the licensing department to issue you papers claiming your from Borderworlds Exports makes you think you can go about flaunting the Bowex name whenever it suits you? Contract employee is what you are, and one I'm not too familiar with to boot.

Now, as to these business deals that you, and those lackluster pilots at Gateway apparently, seem to think you're privy to, let me lay down a little knowledge on you. Me and my pilots officially employed by Bowex work too blasted hard to have contract haulers sully our name. Right now, other than properly identified Bowex ships, the [Convoy] boys are the only subsidiary allowed to use this particular contract under Bowex's signature.

If you want to haul vehicles to god knows where, then you'd best take care of your own negotiations son...or lady...or whatever you all are. Licensing with the BPA isn't in my hands either, so best take it up with them. Either way, you can take this as the official stance of Borderworlds Exports.

Respectfully,
Pete Conroy
Director of Operations
Borderworlds Exports

Encryption complete
Message Transaction...Success
Transmission End

To: BPA, BAF, RM, RFP, Bowex, and other affected parties - Sturmwind - 11-15-2010

[color=#FFCC00]
Well in that case, may I suggest enlisting in one of the official shipping departments or as an alternative, wait until the situation is resolved and military vehicles become an open commodity once more?

Thank you for your patience,

Anna Kirsch,

Encrypting...