Discovery Gaming Community
Is Liberty REALLY more powerful than Rheinland? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Is Liberty REALLY more powerful than Rheinland? (/showthread.php?tid=50109)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Is Liberty REALLY more powerful than Rheinland? - Corsair - 11-18-2010

I keep hearing people say "If Liberty wanted to end the war, it would be a snap." What's the reasoning for this? I can't think of any way that Liberty would just slaughter all of the RM without breaking a sweat. Liberty has the corporate giants, but Rheinland still have systems full resources. They have the dictatorship that is generally more powerful in times of war. I'm not saying Rheinland is superior to Liberty, I just can't see how Liberty could end the war in a few days if they got the idea to.

Is Liberty REALLY more powerful than Rheinland? - CzeReptile - 11-18-2010

Couldnt. There is the LNS spam aspect, but there is the RP aspect to it as well.

Is Liberty REALLY more powerful than Rheinland? - BaconSoda - 11-18-2010

Vanilla canon states that Liberty maintains a Navy large enough to engage two other houses at once. This is where that sentiment comes from. Doubtless, it wouldn't be a few days, but unless Rheinland can score several decisive victories at the outset of the war, any kind of attrition can be easily won by Liberty.

Is Liberty REALLY more powerful than Rheinland? - Dab - 11-18-2010

Be a snap? No.

Is Liberty more powerful? Very much so. Only Gallia has a more powerful Navy. In lore, Liberty is the most advanced and the largest Sirius house navy.

But where did Liberty get all of the resources and logistics to produce that? They mined out their resources before 500 AS.

Is Liberty REALLY more powerful than Rheinland? - Dab - 11-18-2010

Liberty has a monopoly on gate/lane parts through Ageira. They are also the technological capital of Sirius. While they don't have the construction goods themselves, they have more than enough other goods and money to get those parts from the other houses. Kusari has to do the same thing. Traditionally, Liberty got their ship construction equipment from Bretonia, Kusari from Rheinland.

Is Liberty REALLY more powerful than Rheinland? - LegendOfTheWolf - 11-18-2010

That's pretty damn interesting.. I never knew that, thanks Dab.

But the geography of Liberty works against itself. It's like a funnel. Texas is the only way into New York, and Rheinland would have two entry points open to them to get in. Reinforcements would have to arrive from New York one at a time. Feasibly, if Rheinland were to blitzkrieg capture Texas, Liberty wouldn't be able to re-take it since only one ship could jump through at a time, which would get obliterated by the garrison.

The SP mission where you enter Rheinland comes to mind, with the dozens of capital ships positioned at every Jump Gate.

Edit: Adversely, Rhienland's geography is much looser. There's a lot of places to attack fleets from a flank. But the Hessians are pretty much all around them.

Is Liberty REALLY more powerful than Rheinland? - Taneru - 11-18-2010

Canon also states that Liberty's resources are almost completely dried up, and that they're very heavily dependant on outside sources for much of their supplies.

Is Liberty REALLY more powerful than Rheinland? - globalplayer-svk - 11-18-2010

Dont forget that it is canon lore.and rheinland has 2 points to jump to texas but moving there whole fleet to take system will need lot of time too..