Discovery Gaming Community
Bounties. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Bounties. (/showthread.php?tid=50642)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Bounties. - n00bl3t - 11-29-2010

' Wrote:I've locked this thread so that this post is not lost, start a new one if you have new questions.

Since the other thread is locked, and I created the bounty, I think I deserve to have a say.

Yes, it was Mike Rotch's bounty. So, I think I deserve a word. Especially when idiots are staying true to their form.

' Wrote:I am sure all the factions/groups I mentioned have different opinions on a lot of things but you do not see them killing each other. Lou mentioned a civil war. I am 100% sure that the admins will not accept a civil war '€“ for any faction '€“ unless there is a very very very strong reason behind the hostilities and all the parties involved have reached an agreement about going to war

Things are even more crazy when - if that is the case here - and independent zoner places a bounty on another zoner. All 3 official factions should have posted a very strong answer - "you are no longer a zoner, you are a disgrace to our ways and lifestyle" and FR5 the guy, especially when you all claim to be peaceful and neutral hippies in space. That not happening because the respective character belonged to an Omnicroner member is both OoRP and sad. It's also sad the lack of a strong and clear response from TAZ and OSI, but I guess they saw Cannon'€™s post coming and/or they didn'€™t bother too much with the bounty, trying to stay true to their peaceful ways

Also, I think I found the main reason behind all this mess. I fail to see why the zoners are so different from other factions. What makes them special? Why should they be special? Because someone (other than the admin/dev team) says so? I admit it, maybe I am wrong in my interpretation of zoner RP, so please educate me. Please make me understand why they don'€™t have to follow the same path as all the other factions in Sirius (and especially the ones I mentioned in the first paragraph)

All parties must agree for war? Let me note that now for the next "YALALALALA" okay?

Zoners are much looser than those organisations.

The reason Mike Rotch bountied them is because the OSI- leader, just the leader so far, betrayed the Zoners on Freeport 9 by destroying the talks. The single [TAZ] guy was bountied for threatening to rough up a goods supplies of FP9. Both of which have greater reasoning than "YALALALALA", but then again, I cannot get an Administrator to throw a page about Barbary Corsairs onto the mix to provide a false RL is FL comparison. (By the way, all Barbary Corsairs were Muslim extremists whose raids were a jihad of sorts.)

Zoners being loose means they do not care about singular members of other factions, especially since [TAZ] RP, from what can be seen is running away, and Omicroner RP is that of paranoia and betrayal. I even discussed an FR5 for Mike Rotch, but because of game mechanics it makes it hard, and it was easier just to leave it be.

Mike Rotch is not an Omicroner. I have provided the RP reasons why he was not FR5'd yet. However, you are most welcome to continue your Karlotta-esque crusade about this being an OoRP thing. So far, when I contacted OSI- they said the bounty was fine. Tristan from [TAZ] however, said an escalation to a bounty was uncalled for. However, I admit making a group to target a specific faction is a much better solution, which is approved by the Administrators, so next time I know what path to take.

Yes, I also feel they "saw" it coming though.:lol:

Enjoy.

Bounties. - Vito - 11-29-2010

Quote:All parties must agree for war? Let me note that now for the next "YALALALALA" okay?

War =/= Civil war, k?

Quote:Zoners are much looser than those organisations.

They are "one people", Cannon made that clear, so my point was proven

Quote:The reason Mike Rotch bountied them is because the OSI- leader, just the leader so far, betrayed the Zoners on Freeport 9 by destroying the talks. The single [TAZ] guy was bountied for threatening to rough up a goods supplies of FP9. Both of which have greater reasoning than "YALALALALA", but then again, I cannot get an Administrator to throw a page about Barbary Corsairs onto the mix to provide a false RL is FL comparison. (By the way, all Barbary Corsairs were Muslim extremists whose raids were a jihad of sorts.)

Zoners being loose means they do not care about singular members of other factions, especially since [TAZ] RP, from what can be seen is running away, and Omicroner RP is that of paranoia and betrayal. I even discussed an FR5 for Mike Rotch, but because of game mechanics it makes it hard, and it was easier just to leave it be.

Mike Rotch is not an Omicroner. I have provided the RP reasons why he was not FR5'd yet. However, you are most welcome to continue you Karlotta-esque crusade about this being an OoRP thing. So far, when I contacted OSI- they said the bounty was fine. Tristan from [TAZ] however, said an escalation to a bounty was uncalled for. However, I admit making a group to target a specific faction is a much better solution, which is approved by the Administrators, so next time I know what path to take.

Yes, I also feel they "saw" it coming though. lol.gif

Enjoy.

Ok, no problem. I'm out of this topic, have fun !

Bounties. - Howard10 - 11-29-2010

' Wrote:They are one people, Cannon made that clear, so my point was proven
Unfortunately rules and role-play don't always tesselate. I'm sure there are other occasions where logic role-play is disregarded in favour of easier to police rules. I'm not saying doing that is wrong, but rules aren't faction lore. I think it's called de facto and de jure; what actually happens, and what's in the law.

Either way, I'm sleeping now. Night all.

Bounties. - kuth - 11-29-2010

Funny Canon locked my thread claiming I was claiming admin corruption. Paranoid much?

I was not. I simply stated I did not believe it was an oversight that the bounty was locked just after a TAZ member was bountied.

Quote:From a server rules perspective, while zoners share one ID, they are one people. Zoners can't bounty zoners.

So, we are going to ignore the role play perspective of what Zoners are. We are going to ignore past and current forum and in game role play that clearly shows Zoners are not one people?

May I ask why the admin team feels enforcing another rule which restricts role play is a good idea? What abuse is this rule protecting us from? There have been very few Zoner on Zoner bounties to begin with. So please, what abuse is it protecting us from?

Bounties. - Coin - 11-29-2010

But why post the bounty? do the Zoners not have a judicial process? no Zoner court? is the only recourse available to Zoners bloodshed?

' Wrote:But why post the bounty? do the Zoners not have a judicial process? no Zoner court? is the only recourse available to Zoners bloodshed?

Show me a court composed of people who do not agree (on anything) with each other and do not get along.

Bounties. - Dab - 11-29-2010

To put it simply, your bounty didn't have justifiable reasoning for one Zoner to bounty another Zoner. As Cannon said, exceptions can be made in certain circumstances, but yours was not one of them.

that would be the corsair court then :rofl:

' Wrote:that would be the corsair court then :rofl:

If they didn't agree on anything there would be no Corsair Court.

I have my answer then. I guess I'll keep lurking, since this is far from being a role play server.

my question was 'why is there no zoner council'?