Discovery Gaming Community
Omicroners/Corsairs/SCRA FR5 stuff - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Omicroners/Corsairs/SCRA FR5 stuff (/showthread.php?tid=50825)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Omicroners/Corsairs/SCRA FR5 stuff - Zelot - 12-02-2010

So here is the thing, while I have no problem with the Corsairs being FR5'ed by the Omicroners or anything like that, but it does present a particular problem for the RP of the Corsairs and the SCRA. The Corsairs and SCRA both have significant relations with Zoners who are not the Omicroners. While people are fully within their rights to FR5 people who show hostility to them, and the Sails and TBH are clearly doing that, I would suggest there is a better way, and a less divisive way oorp to handle it.

My suggestion,
The Omicroners dont FR5 the Corsairs and SCRA, and the SCRA and Corsairs dont dock on FR9. The Corsairs and SCRA dont attack or go into O74 without making themselves hostile to the NPCs. Yes, this takes a bit of trust, but it is the thing that makes the most sense. Here is the other thing, this doesn't stop you from going right ahead and filing a sanction report for oorp docking if one of those ships docks on your base, hell I would file the report myself if any of my guys did it. The point is, this will be a big thorn in the sides of quite a few factions rp wise, and this is a case where a little trust and a little cooperation can go a long way to making it a more fun and less stressful environment for everyone.

Troll me now I guess.

Omicroners/Corsairs/SCRA FR5 stuff - lw'nafh - 12-02-2010

The idea is great and all, but the 'honour system' doesn't work out too well on Discovery. It may not be immediate, but someone, somewhere, involved with the factions would do SOMETHING to mess it all up. I mean, this is Discovery... can you expect any less?

Omicroners/Corsairs/SCRA FR5 stuff - Lobster - 12-02-2010

I like the idea.

And there comes a point were we must place some degree of trust in one-another. If we can no-longer do that, all is lost.

' Wrote:The idea is great and all, but the 'honour system' doesn't work out too well on Discovery. It may not be immediate, but someone, somewhere, involved with the factions would do SOMETHING to mess it all up. I mean, this is Discovery... can you expect any less?

I respectfully disagree, before the enactment of FR5, You didnt just FR5 someone, you reported them for oorp docking. You can still do that now. I dont think the FR5 was envisioned as something that would be a first step, but instead something that would be a last step, when all other ways of dealing with the situation were exhausted. That is not what it has become, and that is not directed solely at the Omicroners, it is happening all over Sirius, and I myself have been guilty of supporting the FR5 to quickly. It has become commonplace and it shouldnt be, especially not with official factions, who should be able to discuss things and figure things out. But Kanga you have something right, because maybe disco isnt that way anymore, there are signs all over, When someone has a problem with a faction, instead of ringing the faction leader up on skype and talked, you got to the feedback thread, and air everything for everyone to see, and it always look petty and small from both sides. It goes for faction leaders too, cause guys we dont always do the best job of dealing with feedback, just look at the Phantoms feedback thread to see my work, but when people come to us on skype, we should try and hear them out and give it a fair shake. Yes, feedback threads put factions on the defensive, skype shouldnt.

Anyways, I guess I will end this 3:30 am rant with the thought that people in this community used to work out thier problems, for the most part in private, and all this public airing just makes our problems the target of anyone who wants a cheap thrill by stirring the pot, involved or not. I for one dont think it has to be that way, I was here when it wasnt, I think alittle cooperation and understanding will go a long way to making it more the way we want it to be.

' Wrote:I respectfully disagree, before the enactment of FR5, You didnt just FR5 someone, you reported them for oorp docking. You can still do that now. I dont think the FR5 was envisioned as something that would be a first step, but instead something that would be a last step, when all other ways of dealing with the situation were exhausted. That is not what it has become, and that is not directed solely at the Omicroners, it is happening all over Sirius, and I myself have been guilty of supporting the FR5 to quickly. It has become commonplace and it shouldnt be, especially not with official factions, who should be able to discuss things and figure things out. But Kanga you have something right, because maybe disco isnt that way anymore, there are signs all over, When someone has a problem with a faction, instead of ringing the faction leader up on skype and talked, you got to the feedback thread, and air everything for everyone to see, and it always look petty and small from both sides. It goes for faction leaders too, cause guys we dont always do the best job of dealing with feedback, just look at the Phantoms feedback thread to see my work, but when people come to us on skype, we should try and hear them out and give it a fair shake. Yes, feedback threads put factions on the defensive, skype shouldnt.

Anyways, I guess I will end this 3:30 am rant with the thought that people in this community used to work out thier problems, for the most part in private, and all this public airing just makes our problems the target of anyone who wants a cheap thrill by stirring the pot, involved or not. I for one dont think it has to be that way, I was here when it wasnt, I think alittle cooperation and understanding will go a long way to making it more the way we want it to be.
Hmmm. Quick-read that, and I'll humbly admit that I was wrong, at the very least when it comes to the way it -used- to be.

Seems I jumped the gun when I replied before... but hey, I think the whole reason people FR5 at first chance is because they just get lazy, or everyone's getting tired of it. Forumlancer does wonders for people.

Omicroners/Corsairs/SCRA FR5 stuff - sadtranslation - 12-02-2010

' Wrote:The idea is great and all, but the 'honour system' doesn't work out too well on Discovery. It may not be immediate, but someone, somewhere, involved with the factions would do SOMETHING to mess it all up. I mean, this is Discovery... can you expect any less?
Also, watch my signature.

FR5 is not the best solution for all the problems like alcohol is. But the moment when one is starting to complaint about rephacks and points to honor is quite typical.

' Wrote:Also, watch my signature.

FR5 is not the best solution for all the problems like alcohol is. But the moment when one is starting to complaint about rephacks and points to honor is quite typical.
I wasn't pointing at honour... mmm....

This is what the honour system is.

' Wrote:Also, watch my signature.

I am posting because I don't want you to think I am ignoring your post, I am just not responding to it.

Omicroners/Corsairs/SCRA FR5 stuff - Stygian - 12-02-2010

Not much more I can say other than I completely agree with Zelot.

Yeah...+1

Omicroners/Corsairs/SCRA FR5 stuff - sadtranslation - 12-02-2010

' Wrote:I am posting because I don't want you to think I am ignoring your post, I am just not responding to it.
I hardly expected something else, dear.
' Wrote:I wasn't pointing at honour... mmm....

This is what the honour system is.
Sorry if my wording was that bad. I honestly believe that the part of community involved in recent escalation of conflict lacks trust to each other and due to the total duration of forum drama concerning Zoners and Corsairs there is no need to point to the reasons. Its especially sad since trust is a basis for healthy roleplay. And again, since trust don't work around Theta, we need something more effective, even if it is less pleasant.