Discovery Gaming Community
The Lane Hackers | Recruitment - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: The Lane Hackers | Recruitment (/showthread.php?tid=5085)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

The Lane Hacker Personnel Department - bloogaL - 01-02-2012

// haha no

The Lane Hacker Personnel Department - Grumblesaur - 01-16-2012

::Hack Initiated::
::Decrypting... Complete::
::Uploading files... Complete::
::Hack Complete::
::Communications ID: Data Corrupted::
::Resolving...::
::...Complete::
::Callsign: LH~Alternating.Current::
::Opening Message::

Attachments: Loadout I Loadout II Navmap Record Reputation I Reputation II Reputation III Identification

I originate from Colorado, where I was raised and educated. I'll save you the kilobytes and the time on that, though. I worked, as most of you did, for Ageira. My occupation involved electrical engineering. Power plants, solar panels, high voltage cables, transformers; you name it, I've worked on it. My employers asked me to work on a project to create a special type of wire for snubcraft electrical systems, designed for carrying higher voltage electrical currents through especially small and compact wires. Such wires would save space on fighters, bombers, and freighters (allowing for more components, greater payload, or larger cargo capacity).

But just before the project was finalized, I was removed from the project. I was given less than half the payment I was promised. My work was left unaccredited. Before I left, though, I managed to steal a copy of the design, and I am willing to turn it over to Hacker engineers if I am accepted.

I left Pueblo Station and made way for Rochester in New York. I remained there a few days, working on my ship. I purchased a better shield for my rather weak Starflier. It's cheap, but at least somewhat useful. I hacked my transponder (with a moderate knowledge of coding and general jury-rigging I've picked up) to read "Alternating.Current," instead of my name (which I would prefer to share in person, as opposed to where the possibility of it being discovered by clever technicians exists). While on Rochester, I met a few other ex-Ageira and we made a pact to work together to reach you, the Lane Hackers.

The three of us, Squiggly, Diskus, and I, set out for Ontario where we each procured a Dagger (with funds acquired from shooting stray Bounty Hunter grunts and scrap mining) and armed it with a mix of reverse engineered Ageira technology (Starbeams and the like) and a few older Hellflurry models. We did odd jobs for the Hackers and eliminated several installations (bases and weapon platforms alike), and managed to receive recognition and identification as recruited Hackers.

And I come to you requesting that such recognition be confirmed and such identification verified that we may continue to fly under your colors and with your goals in mind.

::Message Closed::
::Message Saved::
::Hack Terminated::

The Lane Hacker Personnel Department - Miaou - 01-16-2012

>:Cracking code
>:injecting malware
>:transfering file "d52.txt"

>:loading file:

<|>
<||>
<|||>
<||||>
<|||||>

>:file opened
>:reading files

>:Charles Wilson

Ah, before I start I have to say it is better being on the other side of the fence properly. I've been working for Ageira's the Astro Division. The Astro Division was Ageira's section that handled interstellar transportation. I worked as a back-hacker, protecting credit transfers crafts obtained from their runs and while logged on the ship. My skills in the craft are amazing, though some hackers forced my hand on one instance. I was assigned to protect a certain high amount transfer, but someone decided to intercept the routing codes to another banking system. I tried to track them down to re obtain the lost credits and figure out who these people were, but they set a program in action I wasn't expecting and DDOSed my teams security until they could properly remove their traces. Ageira started pushing the case that I had stolen them to make the whole situation look false, which I denied. When they presented data that I had in fact done the deed, I figured it didn't matter if this data was a mess up or Ageira looking for someone to take their blow for them. I was going to get slammed hard.

I was called to court but didn't show. I fled to Rochester in a company flyer to lie low and met some fellows that seemed to be having the same problem with Ageira as I did. I have no clue what happened to them, but Ageira hit them hard. One of the guys, who didn't want to give his real name, told me about getting a new job in a a more shaded light seeing as were screwed over with the Liberty government. Reluctantly, I agreed to hear this man out and was shocked when he started talking about the Lane Hackers. These were the people I fought with for years, and suddenly the concept of joining them was presented to me. Seeing as I really had no place to go, I decided to pursue this. Hey, it might even be a bit of fun I told myself. I tapped into my system's accounts and began to draw credits. Seeing as I really didn't care what happened with the system anymore, I wiped my personnel files and took backups of my codes and keys before I internally corrupted Astro's databases. Hoping that will keep them busy, I set off to Cochrane's orbit with two other ex-Ageira workers who named themselves Squiggly and Alternating Current. We did odd jobs to keep a bit of payment coming in, while we worked on becoming known to some of your men. We have learned enough to get to this point, and I'd like to request a transfer into your ranks.

>:file ends
>:removing content seed

The Lane Hacker Personnel Department - meoshi - 01-16-2012

-=Hack Initiated=-
-=File Inbound=-

File 1

File 2

File 3

File 4: callsign: LH~Squiggly

File 5
I was born on planet Manhattan were I learned and specialized in ship engine components.
I joined Ageira training program when I turned 19 and I started work on a project 2 years late.
The project involved improving the speed in which ships travel through trade lanes, i worked with one other researcher who was never too chatty about his personal life but I never really pried into it much.
after 2 years of working on this project I was betrayed by my research partner who took all my work and passed it off for his own, and when i tried to stop him I was expelled from my lab and all my assets were transferred to his account. since I basically lived in my lab I was left without a home to go to. I was left with my starflier and the money that was in my pocket.

As I left Manhattan I noticed two other pilots who seemed to have a problem with Ageira.
After we all learned each others story we all agreed to team up and help each other burn Ageira for what they had done. We all came to the agreement that we would join the lane hackers. after-which we all headed into Ontario were we all purchased daggers and started doing missions for the lane hackers, it was mostly destroying bunter bases and ships. we did these missions until our we obtained Lane Hacker recruit IFF's and ID's

I come to you now asking for your permission to start working for you as hackers with your goals in mind.

SKYP3 Protocol: otakie

The Lane Hacker Personnel Department - Nicole Hunter - 01-19-2012

...hack.initiated...decryption.in.progress...
...Recruit.Nicole.Hunter.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...
...live.feed.initiated...
[Image: 1a.png]
Dear Professors,

My name is unimportant. However, you can call me Nicole, Nicole... let's say... Hunter. I've contacted you because I am in a great danger and I seek your protection. I am terribly sorry to be so chaotic, but just twenty minutes ago I barely managed to escape from Colorado. Ageira Security Division is probably not far behind me, and I can expect bounty being issued any time now. Therefore, I will not waste time for unnecessary introductions, as you can always read my corporate profile. As I was saying...
...live.feed.interrupted...
...file.header.corporate.profile...
...receiving.attachment...
Ageira Technologies
Security Division
Intelligence Branch

Dossier #1382-141

Subject: Nicole Hunter
Height: ~1.75 meters
Hair color: brown
Eye color: brown

Background

Born on planet Manhattan, from the earliest years subject showed all symptoms of a prodigy. Subject received classical education at prestigious Marchall College, as well as private lessons of ballet, Jiu-jitsu, history of art and piano. Subject's parents belonged to the upper echelons of Manhattan's society. Father Mark was a renowned member of New Democratic Party, while mother Cecilia was a director of a local division of Cryer's Pharmaceuticals. After graduating college at age of 16 subject decided to pursue career in science at Manhattan Institute of Technology. At age 21 subject defended MA thesis devoted to non-linear adaptive programming. After graduation she was recruited by Ageira head hunter. In the meantime, she started PhD studies in the field of cognitive sciences and at the age of 24 defended dissertation exploring idea of use of adaptive programming in organic interfaces.

During seven years in Ageira the subject proved to be valuable and resourceful employee. For three years subject worked as a junior scientist at the Department of Weaponry Research and Development at Pueblo Station. After successful defence of her dissertation, subject was promoted to a senior scientist. One year later, subject was given position of a department director at Hamilton Station. Her team of scientists and engineers worked on numerous projects varying from standard weaponry optimization projects to development of multi-tier artificial intelligence systems. It was impossible to predict the disaster that occurred three years later.

Two months before the incident subject was assigned as a deputy scientist to the top secret project on alternative power sources at Pueblo Station. Subject's task was to oversee development of a user interface for an organic power source. During the initial tests several engineers became infested with a contagion that caused extreme paranoia and aggression. Twelve Ageira employees were killed and seven badly injured. According to the head scientists, subject either showed extreme incompetence or deliberately sabotaged her work, which led to breach of security protocols and in the result to the infestation of several Ageira's employees. While the subject was in detention, the power cell suddenly discharged causing temporary blackout throughout the base, during which both the subject and the object of studies disappeared.

Known Crimes

Suspected murder of at least two Ageira employees, destruction of expensive corporate property, theft of valuable corporate assets, sabotage and espionage.

Threat Assessment

The subject is considered a serious threat in terms of personal potential to physically damage Ageira properties and assets.

The subject is considered a serious threat in terms of potential public relations damage to Ageira's image.

The subject is considered a serious threat in terms of potential damage to Ageira security protocols.

Disposition

The subject is tasked at Iota Level Priority for all Ageira Technologies Security Forces.
...attachment.received...
...live.feed.reinitiated...

...As I was saying, I seek your help. I was member of Ageira's team working on... they called it 'organic power source', but we all knew it was Nomad technology. My task was to create interface for it. Head scientist, may he burn in Hell, forced premature trials despite my objections. Experiment turned into a bloodbath when several engineers became infested. Instead of quarantine, security department applied a more permanent disinfection procedure. They simply killed everyone in the contaminated section. I knew that someone will have to pay for the failure, and taking into consideration that I was already in the detention cell, it would likely be me. When a sudden discharge of the power cell caused station's blackout, I used the confusion to escape. Before I cruised away I managed to tractor the power cell which had been jettisoned in space according to the emergency protocols.

I think I have lost the assassins following me, but I am more than sure that more bounty hunters will show up soon. I need your help. I need a refugee and your protection. In exchange I offer myself, my knowledge and expertise, and of course the power cell I brought with me. I wish to study it further, and I know that you have both the resources and the will to conduct this research. Please, help me. I am forwarding access code to my ship's navigational computer now...

...live.feed.lost...
...file.header.navigational.data...
...receiving.attachment...
...attachment.received...
...navigational.data.receiving...
...navigational.data.looted.wrecks...
...navigational.data.cargo.manifests...
...navigational.data.received...
...encryption.in.progress...hack.terminated...

The Lane Hacker Personnel Department - jeffrey_hudson - 01-31-2012

******************|| ||| |||| Telnet http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=27733 89188 ||| ||| ||************************
Connected.....
Loading Neural Net Log.....
Uploading files - / - \ - / - \..... Error code 18. Please try again.....

CLS.

******************|| ||| |||| Telnet http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=27733 89188 ||| ||| ||************************
Connected.....
Loading Neural Net Log.....
Uploading files - / - \ - / - \..... Complete!.

It was a cold night on Planet Erie.
There was poverty and alot of theft.

I was just waking up from some sound comeing out of the hallway.
I thought it was just some kids playing Lancer-Football.

All of a sudden, BANG BANG BANG...
Someone's knocking on my door.
Seems more as if someone's trying to smash it out.

I quickly pulled on some pants and looked trough the peeking hole.
It was the LP...

then just in seconds my Lancer Quattro core started beeping.

I looked at the screen and someone yet unknown told me RUN... FAST!....THEY'll KILL YOU!
I was stressed and confused.. but I listened.
so I jumped out of my window onto a taxi plane and then finally jumped off and stole myself a starflier.

I went to meet the yet unkown person.
we met at Rochester base.

he said we don't have much time we must move fast.
Your brother was killed by the LP.. he said.
I was shocked... I couldn't believe it..
But now I do.. and I want revenge.

I destroyed some police weapon platform to get myself going with some cash.
Turns out those Polyforms sell pretty good..

I nearly got blasted by the Newark station's defense turrets.
But I don't let that happen..

I had to run from New york, a lane hacker saw me destroy the police's weapons platform.
I told him what happend because everyone knows Lane hacker's hate the police.
He said to me, You must travel to Mactan base, Magellan.
You will find the head office here.
Do what you will be asked

And maybye just maybye... You will find your revenge.

You wi......

DISCONNECTED ERROR CODE 0011001110011010011001111000111

[Image: 2mynevo.jpg]
http://i39.tinypic.com/33lkwp0.jpg

Personal Data:

Name: LH~Nelson
Getting the high tech communication in a few hours.

Signing out.

[font=Times New Roman][color=#F96807]Changed the large image to a link, it was a little too big. ~Widow

The Lane Hacker Personnel Department - TehNoizeBox - 02-19-2012

/> connect lhpd.AWF.IWBD
/> Enter Passcode: ********************
/> Working...
/> ::Connection Established::
/> senddoc LwQV5.doc
/> Sending...

Callsign: LH~Amperage

Name: Jane, as far as you know for now.

Required Files:

Past History:

I was born and raised on Planet Los Angeles. My mother was a stay-at-home mom, and my father worked as a contract employee with Ageira. I was born, bred, and corn-fed to work with electronics. Growing up, I had always taken an interest in fiddling with computer parts and electronic toys that my parents had bought me. When I graduated from high school, I went to Planet Los Angeles University and studied Computation Sciences for four years. I then graduated with a Bachelor's Degree, and had been recruited into Ageira Technologies workforce. When I was accepted into Ageira Technologies Offices on Planet Erie, and I left Planet Los Angeles and went to Planet Erie to work for them. It was my dream job - designing and building anything that had to do with capacitors or transistors. There was an issue with that so-called dream job, however. My supervisors began forcing me to stay at work for longer and longer hours. I was unappreciated for my hard work in contributing to the improvement of Docking Ring technology. The idea behind the project was to make Docking Rings more accessible to freighter convoys help alleviate the traffic that mooring fixtures get. On my last day of working at Ageira Technologies, I snapped. My supervisor yelled at me, called me an idiot, and proceeded to yell at other employees, for what reason I still don'€™t know. Except for the angry supervisor, the room was dead quiet. Nobody dared to speak a word. He got in my face, and called me somethings that I dare not repeat. So, I snapped. I told him off for yelling at his employees for some unknown reason, and he slapped me. I proceeded to punch him in the face. I noticed that security was somehow notified, and I saw a few guards come zooming into the office I was in. So, I ran. I ran as fast as I could until I was able to slip into a large crowd near the Deep Space Engineering planetary headquarters. Afterwards, I checked my bank account, and it was just magically drained of almost all of my savings from the past 5 1/2 years at Ageira. Most of the credits that I hadn'€™t spent on daily expenses that I put into that bank account was gone. I was about to call up Planet Erie Banking Firm, Inc., but I decided not to out of suspicion that I would be pursued. With what little credits I did have, I used on getting my Starflier interstellar craft ready for space travel, and I travelled to Rochester Base, the only safe place that I could think of. I sat down, and thought for a long while about it, but I want to join the Lane Hackers. I'€™ve done what was required of me, and now I'€™m ready for training.

Reasons for joining the Lane Hackers:

I want to see Ageira fail. I want to watch them lose every last credit that they have. They overwork and underpay their employees, and they only care about the Sirian Credit, as opposed to their employees. They think that because they can buy all of this fancy technology, that they can just treat their employees like pieces of machinery, and get maximum efficiency out of them, without any regard to the person they employ. Ageira must be fall.

The Lane Hacker Personnel Department - Calvin Fisher - 02-23-2012

...hack.initiated...decryption..in..progress...
...comm.id.******.******...unrecognized...
...override..in..progress...\\\\\\**
...uploading data...

HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS!

...encryption.in.progress...hack terminated...

The Lane Hacker Personnel Department - kainname - 03-25-2012

Incoming Transmission. Location: Mactan Base, Magellan. Adressor: Anonymous.

#A3E 740B FF6E C418 91F#

[Encryption detected, decryption initiated..]

[Image: animation.gif]

Frank Leibniz speaking, formerly Ageira Employee, section: #Classified# Jumdrive Engineering.

~

So, that was a hell of a day. First those "inspectors" come to investigate our work and at the end of this day I killed dozens of Bounty hunters and get used to that cardamine.

But however, let's start this. I used to work for years for Ageira and 5 months ago I started to work at the Jumpdrive project, it was full of opportunities and I gladly took the job.
The workflow was very fluently and we came pretty far, we managed to transmit a few tons carbons through at least 3 systems and we thought we would be ready to get manned ships jumpdrive ready.
And this early morning 20 LPI officers came to our Hamilton station, where I used to work.
They claimed that we where doing illegal researches and wanted to investigate our labs where we worked on the Jumpdrives, we let them in and then they had access we had several blasters pointed on our heads.

They took us as hostages, they demanded the Jumpdrive or they would kill all of us if we don't agree.

Our teamleader did not agree, so his head looked like melted butter after one direct shot..
When they shot him I managed to jump into the waste disposal tube and to seal it afterwards with my still working access codes.

On the commchannels I could hear Navy and real LPI incoming, they mentioned that they are Xenos, however they did not tell everything so I hacked the closed commchannel and heard how the operation of "freeing" my team members from those Xenos.

They mentioned that the jumpdrive is to important to get in the hands of those Xenos and also it would be rather acceptable to let all hostages die, just to keep the Jumpdrive intact, so they simply cut off Oxygen Supply for the Labsector and so everyone in the lab suffered a horrible death. ...

When I heard that I realised that the Libertonian navy and police are nothing more then ruthless murders if it is about profit I decided to leave my old life behind, joining the Lanehackers wich many former Ageira workers did to, so I could change something especually now against Xenos and the Liberty officials to ensure that they won't be able to act again so inhumanly.

~

Now that was the why I want to become a Lane Hacker. The how will be explained now.

I managed to come out of the disposal tube using the repair gangways and I jumped in my good old Eagle and headed to Erie after leaving a message in the Lane Hacker inbox.

I landed on Erie, dumped my eagle in the next Junkyard and took a starflier with a new ID.
My next turn was to arm my ship at Detroit Ammunitions, after doing so I destroyed several Storage dumps near Newark, god they disliked that pretty much.

Then I sold the Polymers wich where inside these dumps at Rochester to get some money, after earning around 80k credits I flew back to Ontario, now using Jumpholes. I found the cohrane depot, bought a Dagger and flew to magellan, there at freeport 4 an accident occured. I was in the lane and a percheron wich was just behind me speeded up to fast and destroyed my ship almost. Then I flew around in the cloud to find a hacker base wich Ageira knows must be somewhere there and I managed to find it.

When I docked I made the neccesary repairs and mounted better weaponry on the dagger and I was visiting Freeport 4 [I did not dock there..] to see for someone who could write his name on the Mission board in Mactan, a freelancer named Repeater did so, now I could make 2 missions and then I was able to get missions myself.

Afterwards I did several missions and Nicole came around, giving me my dose of cardamine and the uniform, thank you again for that.

After doing a mission I had to come close to the freeport, then a strange incident happened.. you maybe want to see the guncam shots of that..

Guncam shot #1
Guncam shot #2

However, after several very exhausting missions, including to kill Bounty hunters sitting in hammerheads I managed to earn the right to get my new Lanehacker ID and I earned enough money for a train cruise disruptor and a Advanced cargo scanner.

Evidence #1
Evidence #2

I am looking forward to work with you.

Sincerly, Frank.

[Transmission aborted]

The Lane Hacker Personnel Department - Petitioner - 04-15-2012

<div align="right]...signal detected...
...begin tracert...
...n15-new-london-navsat...
...k39-honshuchan-server-kawaiidesu...
...crete-vlc13-tempora...
...n16-waterloo-commsat...
...p09-bastille-bane-is-permittet...
...xx9x-unknown-source...
...io01-new-hope-west...
...err-tracert-blocked...
...audio-content-verified...
...video-content-corrupt...
...displaying-data...

[font=Tahoma]
Greetings, Lane Hackers. My name is Bradley Sigeweard, and I am an employee of Interspace Commerce, although I suspect they will have recognized my intentions by the time you receive this message. I suppose you know where this is going.

I lived a nice life as a software developer for IC. Truth be told, I had what most folks wanted. I was well over the average Libertonian income, I had a small but comfortable suite in an upscale Manhattan apartment complex, and roughly equal quarters onboard Newark Station. I worked from home and had a fairly active social life. Everything was ideal.

It should, perhaps, have stayed that way. Since I'm contacting you... clearly, it did not. The reason I am sending this transmission is because of a snippet of code I found. A ghost in the machine, a series of ones and zeroes that were slightly out of place. Something was wrong. Someone had been modifying my programs in a way I never intended them to be capable for. It was a brilliant scheme, really. Little fractions of percents of credits that are usually rounded off, the result of abnormal interest rates, were being wired to an anonymously-held account somewhere in the border worlds. Collecting money that didn't exist, in a fashion.

But that wasn't all. I decided to take a look into the account, and it was clumsily tied to a databank with a weak password. It contained a list of Interspace employees. Their names, credit card numbers, addresses, dates of birth... and dates of death. Only half of them were actually dead. I knew them all, those that were alive. One of the deceased was a good friend of mine, but he had contracted cancer, and it suddenly grew worse. He had no family, and he had elected not to endure chemotherapy. The next day, he was found dead with a gun in his hand... it wasn't surprising. Pardon me, I digress.

Near the end of the list was my own name. I was, understandably, concerned. Upon return to my apartment, I found a slip of paper that said simply "Survival." and had a neural net address scrawled on it hastily. I can only assume one of your own men had left it. After finding no records of the neural net address, I decided to try a... different method. The result was a brief image of the Lane Hackers insignia and the instructions you provided.

So I followed them. The Liberty Navy chased me away from Manhattan upon seeing my transponder bearing your tag. I nearly ran out of fuel several times. I very nearly died. Your technicians onboard Cochrane are the reason I'm alive. I suppose I owe the junkers thanks, as well. I have not directly killed any men thus far -- the Bounty Hunters and their deaths were results of me luring them into flying into asteroids, and the like. As a last act, I published the list I discovered onto the Newark bulletin boards. Hopefully, a few others will follow in my footsteps, but I can't worry about that anymore. Regardless of the trials I've undergone, I'm alive, and equipped with one of your Daggers with one of your IFF transponders. I await further instructions onboard Freeport 4.

[font=Fixedsys]...visual-input-detected...
...printing-to-screen...
[IDENTIFICATION] [color=black]| [TRANSPONDERS] [color=black]| [VESSEL] | [ARMAMENT]