Discovery Gaming Community
The Lane Hackers | Recruitment - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: The Lane Hackers | Recruitment (/showthread.php?tid=5085)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: The Lane Hackers | Recruitment - Thackeray - 12-27-2017

...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Recruit.aaae65bd501d0060810cc1f4d0cc4f59/90.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

Joining Application

Case: aaae65bd501d0060810cc1f4d0cc4f59/90
Alias: Guy Thackeray
Transponder: R~LH~Guy.Thackeray
Background: Deep Space Engineering

First of all, I believe an introduction is to be in order. I come from a middle-class family originating from Planet Houston, I have always been interested in technology ever since I acquired my first electronics at the age of 13. Upon completing my requisite education I applied to the University of Houston, where my niche for technology was realized and I enrolled in the Network Security program. After 4 years, I graduated near the top of my class, after which I began to explore the possible career paths that I could engage myself in. After an amount of searching, I came upon an employment opportunity involving Deep Space Engineering, more specifically working in the Software Development division. The first few months worked out well. With myself along with several other colleagues developing new software countermeasures for hacking techniques that it's against our products. While I continued my work, a dispute was brewing within the leadership of the company mainly involving the Cheif Executives disagreeing how the company should be managed along with the unwise decision to invest in expanding the company's mining capabilities. Soon after these events, one of the Chief Executives along with those Loyal to him elected to split off into their own company while stealing many company assets as well engaging in a smear campaign against the corporation. During this time the Software Development Department was blamed for a massive leak of code which resulted in the separatist company acquiring a number of trade secrets. The directors of the department fabricated evidence with the goal of framing several developers for corporate espionage including myself. After a number of weeks, I found that I could no longer access any of credentials on the company neural net system. After this occurred I headed over to the Human Resources division to see as to why my credentials were revoked. Upon entering the HR’s office. I was arrested by officers of the security division. I was taken to the companies holding cells while the security officers pondered what erroneous charge they would pin on me, during which time they failed to search me, due to this mistake, I broke out of the cells with the multi-tool that I had carried ever since I had started working. I quietly overpowered the only guard in the cellblock and stole his uniform which allowed me to make a relatively unimpeded escape from the security section. After I had made my escape I returned to my office to gather as many of my possessions as possible. I then proceeded to the nearest docking port and ironically hijacked a Civilian Shuttle that belonged to the very security division that I had just escaped from, Upon undocking I had found that the vessel's IFF software had triggered the station's defense turrets which I skillfully evaded until I escaped their range. I made my way to the Junker's base, Allentown Station where I began to complete the requirements for acceptance into the Inner Circle of the Lane Hackers. I have also attached the applicable Guncam images.

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...

RE: The Lane Hackers | Recruitment - Kananga - 04-05-2018

...Recruit.2eb33a319d792ce9f079145a3249af6b/94.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

Joining Application

Case: 2eb33a319d792ce9f079145a3249af6b/94
Alias: Kananga
Transponder: R~LH~Kananga
Background: Lane Hackers

An honor to contact you, inner circle of the Lane Hackers,

I wouldn't have expected to find myself here, compared to my past, this is a huge leap. I will introduce myself to you. My name is Sally Kendricks, former Rogue and now Lane Hacker of small influence. Me and my brother Lasky were forced to take part in the recruitment of the Liberty Navy, which we have gone through unwillingly and with a lot of complications. That the Liberty Armed Forces were no place for us was not a secret for anyone, not even the sergeants that trained us. We bailed out as soon as we finished the training and wanted to give the Navy a bit of their own medicine. We used the techniques we were taught to cause quite some damage to a few Navy patrols that seemed weak enough to be defeated by us. The Rogues got wind of this and told us that our set of skills could help us becoming successful people in the Liberty underworld, an offer we found a lot more interesting than what we could've had if we stayed with the troops. For a few years that plan went quite okay-ish. While neither of us became a legend amongst pirates, we were indeed able to use our skills to acquire money and cargo to supply ourselves. My brother was heavily injured, though, which killed my motivation to continue living the life we had, it's not the same if you're alone. Instead of staying with the Rogues, I decided to find an alternative, so I found out that the Lane Hackers were famous for bringing out the underworld legends while successfully stomping on Ageira's White Box shipments. So I found a helpful contact on Buffalo who was ready to get me in contact with a few Lane Hackers. None of those were really different from me, their days were similar to mine, it didn't shake me off, though, I had a few Lane Hacker ride-alongs before I got a chance to be with them. What fascinated me was the Hackert's knowledge and advanced usage of technology, no other group I am aware of has such an in-depth knowledge of technology in Sirius. That explains the success rates of the Hackers, their expertise is on a whole other level. I was told that the inner circle contained underworld legends as well as possibilities to achieve the biggest and best knowledge of tactical and technological advancement that one could have. So I waited for some time and got in touch with the essence of this group, from that point on I was sure that only here I could make the best out of myself. I'm sure that my previous experience leaves a lot of space for further expanding while it also should help being a part of this circle. That is why I am here.

After I took the first step and applied at the Mactan Network, I received your instructions to prove myself. As a combat freighter I couldn't choose anyhting else but a Bactrian, which I know how to control and use very well. I followed to a wreck which I could find in the Barrier to harvest the Ageira White Boxes. Finding Airdrie was quite a mission, I have never been that far out in the Alberta system, thanks to the skills I obtained during my time in the lower Lane Hacker Ranks I managed to find a quasi-location of this complex, although the search within the area had to be done purely by following weak electromagnetic waves and by looking carefully. I managed to arrive with your demanded cargo, you can find the proof below.

Thank you for the attention.

Combat freighter1
Cargo capture2
Arrival at Airdrie3

RE: The Lane Hackers | Recruitment - Jack Spang - 04-08-2018

...Recruit.36f68b123cebb844bec050218b324856/95.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

Joining Application

Case: 36f68b123cebb844bec050218b324856/95
Alias: Jack Sprang
Transponder: R~LH~Jack.Sprang
Background: Ageira Technologies

Wow, That's an impressive firewall you have! I'm surprised that I didn't get traced and expunged.

Well... A little about myself... After finishing a degree in Quantum mechanical engineering at the Cambridge University, I felt I needed a change from the mundane Bretonian sheep that follow the flock and survive. So I wrote my first software program that granted faster download speeds of the Neuronet. For which I got invited to Ageira Technologies for a meeting, where they promised me untold fortunes to work for them. So I went out of curiosity wanting to see what pitch they would use to entice me to work for them.

Not only did the corporate neandermonkey's not make an offer, they threatened to wipe my own Neuro-bank details as well as that of my families unless I wrote them some software to better protect their network. So I wrote them some software that ticked all the boxes for them, BUT I wrote in a backdoor that uses an ancient virus that plagued that planet we all descend from ( I forgot it's name, History was never my strong suit). Anyways, I've already uploaded the codes as I Initiated this Hack for free.

So, I want Ageira to pay. By ANY means necessary....

And now onto my application... after viewing your archives I found that hacking wasn't enough... so I actually followed your application process... obviously me being able to contact you means I was able to make it out of Colorado alive. On route I took the time to destroy the storage depots at Baltimore shipyard. Evidence 1

So, after gaining access to the Rochester base, I took a few contracts to get enough cash to buy a new ship, but this was taking a while to do as my piloting skills are nowhere near as good as my Data skills... But I had made enough to buy a shipment of light arms that I smuggled across to the Beaumont base in Texas for a small profit. After alternating between smuggling Arms and taking missions I was able to buy a Dromedary. (Oh no I forgot to keep my receipt, but the fact it's sat in the docking bay should be enough evidence).

Anyway, I ventured out a bit and started exploring the nearby systems and managed to find an old wreck that had an interesting bit of tech on it out in Ontario that I managed to get the schematics for after hacking the Ageira database (risky I know but I couldn't keep the tech as I needed the cash for cardamine). Evidence 2

And finally I'm here on Montezuma having delivered 344 units of Cardamine. Evidence 3 Waiting for your reply to this application that I'm hitting send on now...

RE: The Lane Hackers | Recruitment - Felicity Willing - 04-09-2018

...Recruit.f24c5efd19e001804ee68914105a680a/96.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

Joining Application

Case: f24c5efd19e001804ee68914105a680a/96
Alias: Felicity Willing.
Transponder: R~LH~Felicity.Willing
Background: Ageira Technologies

So, i guess, before i even turn to the concern i am contacting you - a brief introduction should take place; Manhattan was always a giant buzzing anthill, the center of all Liberty commerce. It would easily ensure your comfortable existance if you can take the upper hand in all the comptetition and make sure your business will be left afloat. Your other option may be employing yourself to one of those disgusting moneybags and do all the dirty work for the corporate dogs for the rest of your life, lacking personal freedom, but having your much desired 'common' life.

Through, it is harder to fit yourself into society when you are defying the very basics it stands on: the power of the money, superbly unjust exemplar of social inequalities. Once you are in that game - there will be no escape for you.
Eventually, Ageira turned their eyes to me as to one of the multiple candidates to do something about their network software - as the person who spent quite some time dealing with similiar enviroments on daily basis: apparently, some general simple code clean-up for increased efficiency. Strangely, even through the other invited potential employees were presented to me as my rivals - it ended up in all of us getting hired along with me - and with the promises of unusually high payment, even for IT software sphere.
And guess what - we were used, and the worst rumors about their attitude turned out to be the grim truth. Those who accepted it - got their negligible payment and got kicked out, reminded about their place as they were leaving, and that 'we may ruin your life with just a couple of calls'. Those who refused to accept those terms - were kindly offered to 'stay around for a while, until things are sorted out'.
While they were sotring their things out - i have sorted out the intrusion into their Neural Net, and providing some distraction mess in the networks i've recently been patching up. It hurts to destroy your own job, but it was following the purpose of providing enough distraction for me to get some attention off my back. Not sure if it was worth a shot, and, i hope that i'll never know.

Now, that this have been settled until almostly the present moment... let us move straight to stage two. Proof of my worth.

Well, the whole thing started outside, in space above Pueblo; before actually heading to the jumphole i've spent some time flying around the system and covering my trails, as well as making sure my chasers are not on my tail by any chance. That would be very awkward...

... so, after making my way out, i've poked my nose onto Rochester for a brief moment, before actually taking out back to space and setting the course to Baltimore, where i've had quite some fun liberating storage depots from their misery.

As i've dealt with this and, once again - made sure i have no prying eyes on me - Badlands was my next stop, putting multiple Hunters and other unpleasant personalities out of action apparently gained me enough favour to be able to dock with the Rogues hideout. The amount of drunk men here is overwhelming, i should acknowledge...

... afterwards, there was hunting, more hunting, and even more hunting - all for precious credits to replace that scrap pile they call civilian shuttle. Of course, it served me well, but there always comes time when you have to replace outdated things with something more fitting - Dromedary, in my case.

Stage three of my endeavour started for me with a visit to New Hampshire, in the attempt to recover the code weapon sample from the mentioned drifting pile of scrap; through, as soon as i got there - it was clear that someone else have beaten me in my own game, and i did not have the luck of recovering whatever it contained. It never brought me to a desire of giving up on accomplishing my tasks, however.
Upon clarifying that the sample of the mentioned code weapon is now unreachable for me - i've waved to it with my hands and stepped over to the next part of the stage - acquiring and shipping some nasty cargo to the designation point. On my way back from Tau worlds i've even been lucky enough to run into another drifting scrap pile, it's examination and attempt to snatch it's secrets rewarded me with the recovery of the following sample, so it adds another check to my 'to-do' list.

With all the tasks accomplishment at hand i've made it to the end point of my endeavour. along with the specified cargo in the amount exceeding that stated in instructions, it was handed over to the locals. The sample, however, is still with me - if you happen to have any particular interest in it.

Farewell now. I am looking forward to your response.

Permanent Affiliation Policy - The Lane Hackers - 05-10-2018

...Cochrane.Network.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

Initiation into The Inner Circle

The Lane Hackers are known for their paranoid security and extraordinary measures of protection against infiltration and betrayal. Upon successful completion of the recruitment assignment each new member is undergoing a secret initiation ritual. Little is known about the mysterious procedure as all new members have their memories of their initiation wiped out. It is speculated that during Cardamine-induced trance each initiate is behaviorally conditioned to be utmost loyal to The Lane Hackers to such extreme lengths that they would rather commit suicide than face certain capture or arrest. Even after the Professorship is closely monitoring loyalty of their operatives and enforcing obedience through large array of measures ranging from mild manipulation to mania interrogations and invasive brain implants. When everything fails the problem is permanently solved by the dreaded Assassins.

Once you join The Inner Circle there is no turning back. Your life and allegiance has been sealed forever.

PERMANENT AFFILIATION POLICY*: By posting in this thread you agree that your character will be permanently affiliated with The Lane Hackers. In case of leaving the official faction you are allowed to continue playing your character only under independent Lane Hacker affiliation in accordance to generally accepted Lane Hacker lore.

*Above policy does not affect members who joined prior the announcement.
[DiscoveryGC Admins - Aware and no problem. You know what you are signing up for.]

Permanent Affiliation Policy Consent - Nicole Hunter - 05-11-2018

...Professor.Provocateur.Nicole.Hunter.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

PERMANENT AFFILIATION POLICY CONSENT: I hereby agree that my character will be permanently affiliated with The Lane Hackers. In case of leaving the official faction I am allowed to continue playing my character only under independent Lane Hacker affiliation in accordance to generally accepted Lane Hacker lore.

RE: Permanent Affiliation Policy Consent - Maria Freudenstein - 05-11-2018

...Interruptor.Maria.Freudenstein.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

PERMANENT AFFILIATION POLICY CONSENT: I hereby agree that my character will be permanently affiliated with The Lane Hackers. In case of leaving the official faction I am allowed to continue playing my character only under independent Lane Hacker affiliation in accordance to generally accepted Lane Hacker lore.

RE: The Lane Hackers | Recruitment - Jack Spang - 05-11-2018

...Interruptor.Jack.Spang.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

RE: The Lane Hackers | Recruitment - Felicity Willing - 05-11-2018

...Deceiver.Felicity.Willing.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

RE: The Lane Hackers | Recruitment - Yasuo Hirano - 05-11-2018

...Interruptor.Sun.Liang-tan.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...