Discovery Gaming Community
The Lane Hackers | Recruitment - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: The Lane Hackers | Recruitment (/showthread.php?tid=5085)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: The Lane Hackers | Recruitment - Baz89 - 05-02-2020

...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Recruit.53be5953b1ead56160248c23534259f1/143.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: default.png][Image: 0.png]
Joining Application

Case: 53be5953b1ead56160248c23534259f1/145
Alias: Medrano
Transponder: R~LH~Medrano
Background: Ageira Technologies

> - With access codes clutched in my hand i narrowly escaped the corporate machine that is Ageira Technologies, i now find myself staring at the Navmap wondering if i should just accept being the yes man or should i stand against one of the so called "BIG 3". Will i be greeted into the LH network or become part of the furniture at LPI Sugarland?
Its a risk i am willing to take.

> - Staring across at landing pad A6 the ship is exactly where the LH's said it would be, i manage to remotely hack the cargo bay door and climb in the pilot seat. The LSF are occupied with some fool docked in the wrong bay so i dont even catch there attention. as i gain altitude the communication module erupts with static. The words "Good luck Medrano" come from the console, I do not have time to comprehend how or who that was.

> - I head for Magellan and more specifically Mactan Base, Once there nobody bats a eyelid at me. Im just another guy looking for work, trade etc and that is fine by me. I open the instructions and carefully read what i must do, Retrieve the prototype is mentioned and then one word jumps out at me "Alaska". You hear horror stories of that place that once you enter your never seen again. I haven't got time to waste and let my mind do overdrive, I enter Alaska and punch in B2 and were away. I get the prototype without a hitch, that was a little bit to straightforward but i don't have time to think. I am out of Alaska and home free i think. Then my worse nightmare comes true. . . . a Xenos ship, pilots name reads "Aconthophis" his ship is quadruple the strength of mine. But he isnt approaching me but why not? I haven't even looked down at my scanner to notice another ship belonging to the Armed Forces ship pilot name "Zigg". I put my thruster on max and go by, i will never know if that ship was who it said it was but i am thankful it kept the Xenos ship busy.

> - I make enough credits selling the prototype to buy myself a second or third hand Rhino, its not much but its apparently need for my next task, i head for the barrier to try and acquire some famous Ageira white boxes the company's pride and joy. The site is a wreck with destroyed liners all over the place. I wonder what happened but i jettison the cargo and i am away. With the ship in auto-pilot i read phase 3, It reads reach Airdrie Hideout. I have no idea where to even begin so as i glance down at the Navmap i wonder where to begin, it occurs to me that the Liberty Rogues although rough round the edges have a established underworld network of there own. As i plot a course for the nearest rogue base i look up and im now 11km away from "Aconthophis" once again, is this a coincidence? how could he have followed me?

> - Yet again there is another ship but this time "PF-Tangra" and so once again i slip right by, are the LH's helping me or is all of this coincidence or luck. I know about Fort Mcmurray being the rogue base in a eternal storm, so if i am being followed i can lose them and they will probably think twice before venturing to far. I arrive and head for the bar and can tell i am in the right place, shady looking characters with scars and missing limbs. I ask the barman about information and he points me toward a character with a hood over his face staring out of the window.
"I hear your the person to ask about information" i say attempting to put on a deep voice.
the character smirks and says "Well the information you require will cost 250,000 credits."
I gasp and think how much!
"How do you know what information i require?"
He smirks once more and says "Come now, your smarter than that"
I hand over over the credits and the hooded character quickly moves toward the exit.
"Hey, what about my information?"
he smirks once more and replies "It is done"
i glance down at my Navmap and " Airdrie Hideout" appears all of a sudden. As i look up towards the elevator the hooded figure says "Good luck Medrano"

I grab myself a drink before leaving to ponder who the man was, how did the hideout appear so fast? was he the same person on the A6 launchpad? I down my drink and make haste for my ship, The storm is ferocious and the cold lake nebula inst much better. Have i been conned? I can barely see 100m in front of me when around 1km away from the said hideout it clears. Its complete peace as the Airdrie Hideout comes into view. I request to dock and after a brief moment. . . . *Static* . . . . Docking request accepted please proceed to dock 2. . . .*Static*

> - And here i am now sat in the bar, nobody will talk to so i play the waiting game. The barman points me towards the job board and i just say i am "waiting for someone". As i finish my sentence a few characters give a cautious smile, i think to myself whatever the outcome after this i am glad to finally be away from Ageira Technologies and starting a new chapter in my life.

> - Medrano logging off

Encrypted files attached https://imgur.com/a/uxE1Ntt

PERMANENT AFFILIATION POLICY CONSENT: I hereby agree that my character will be permanently affiliated with The Lane Hackers. In case of leaving the official faction I am allowed to continue playing my character only under independent Lane Hacker affiliation in accordance to generally accepted Lane Hacker lore.

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...

RE: The Lane Hackers | Recruitment - RavenBlade1980 - 07-11-2020

***install virus***
***prepare file for installation***
***start download in 50sec***
***access granted***
***prepare transmission***
***to whom it may concern i have installed a reaper virus into your system if you know what you are doing your files will be saved i simply did this to get you to see what i can do i want in i am a gunboat pilot and tired of the same crap they feed you in liberty tired of the navy and industry stepping on all the people that work for them i am a former intelligence officer of Liberty Navy and was tasked with hacking your systems and finding out where you all are...
but i was denied my advancement 3 times over because of some brown-nosing lapdogs took my place so i am instead using my intelligence i gathered to find you to join your ranks...
as a sign of respect i will give you a riddle to disabling the virus...
what is enough for one...
to much for two...
and nothing at all for three...
if you figure it out all your bases will remain online...
you can find me under the code name Mr.Fuzz#7807 Ship name Piper...
***start worm virus***
***end transmission***

RE: The Lane Hackers | Recruitment - Lucy_Collins - 09-26-2020

...Recruit.42b1d8f88681114dbbba6739deecf525/150.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

Joining Application

Case: 42b1d8f88681114dbbba6739deecf525/150
Alias: Lucy Collins
Transponder: R~LH~Lucy.Collins

*Audible exhasparated sigh* I made it... Is this thing on?

To whom it may concern,

I had to get out of there. They treated me like a secretary even though I am just as skilled as any of those boys.... I told them to shove it and they revoked my tokens. I heard rumors... I went looking and I found a file hidden in the system. They must know about it too because as soon as I left the station they were after me.

As soon as I heard the message I ran. I stole a ship from the hangar and got out of there quick. My mind said I was crazy for following instructions from a disembodied voice on a file deep in the Ageira systems but I did anyways. And now I am here. Yeah...

I made my way to Beumont Base and talked to a Rouge there. He gave me a job hunting some Insurgency pilots. I finished that job simple enough and returned to the station. He kept giving me jobs and finally I was able to make it to Buffalo base where I took some more assasination jobs. I gathered enough credits up and bought a Dromedary from Bethlehem.

I made my way back to Buffalo and bought the cardamine. I sold it to your operative on Montezuma. I am now waiting for more instructions. I have attached a file containing my background and the external camera images from my ship.

Code:
Name: Lucy Collins
Birthplace: Planet Manhattan

I was always the nerdy child growing up. I wasnt into girl things. I loved computers. By age 10 I was already coding software. I got a job for some independent software designers out of school when I turned 18, but eventually got hired by Ageira. For years I put up with the crap. The pay was good. Thats all that kept me going. But I had to snap eventually. And now I am here

Guncam Footage

PERMANENT AFFILIATION POLICY CONSENT: I hereby agree that my character will be permanently affiliated with The Lane Hackers. In case of leaving the official faction I am allowed to continue playing my character only under independent Lane Hacker affiliation in accordance to generally accepted Lane Hacker lore.

RE: The Lane Hackers | Recruitment - Hera Black - 10-17-2020

...Recruit.e711b6c2b659634cf20e369b37ac785e/152.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

Joining Application

Case: e711b6c2b659634cf20e369b37ac785e/152
Alias: Hera Black
Transponder: R~LH~Hera.Black
Background: Lane Hackers

Well hello. My name is Hera, but if you're a regular on Mactan, we might have already met. But if it isn't the case, let me tell you about how did I ended up there in the first place.

About two years ago, I've landed a job at DSE. Just a tech job, nothing fancy. The job was to write navigation computer programs, and I'm pretty good at that. And even better at breaking up said codes, you see: I've figured a way to remotely take over a ship using those codes, and divert them, say to a nice pirate ambush. It worked out well, but eventually we've got caught, so I've had to run. I did have a few contacts on Mactan, so finding odd jobs was rather easy, and boring. I was done sitting around, so I've put out a few feelers that I would like to move up in the world.

After receiving instructions, I have went out, busted a few heads, and gained some candy cash in the process. Bought a Rhino, and went out to Alaska to secure the prototype. I've grabbed the white boxes in the process, and snuck around thorough Virginia. Before you ask, no. I did not use any gates, or lanes, I'm not an amateur.

Considering I'd have a hard time docking on a base that no longer exists, I've dropped off the boxes at Amarillo, along with a few "guests" I picked up along the way. Thanks for all that radiation by the way, my skin glows so nicely in the dark now.
Camshots

RE: The Lane Hackers | Recruitment - "Goldfinger" - 02-16-2021

...Recruit.66f963eb58e4026dc6ba9e584204155d/155.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

Joining Application

Case: 66f963eb58e4026dc6ba9e584204155d/155
Alias: Goldfinger
Transponder: R~LH~Goldfinger
Background: Lane Hackers

Good day.
Allow me to introduce myself.
I am not your average suit which grew desperate and is now seeking revenge on the evil corporations.
I am a Kusarian business man who enjoyed the hospitality of various grey and black markets around Sirius so far. A bit of bribery here, a disappeared convoy there, information brokering, simple business where simple profit calls, you know it.

Been in this business for a good twelve years now, last endeavor was ending up with the Peddler - you know it is that guy who built up the Freeport over in Shikoku. Made myself a name along the way, not in any regards as big of a name like the Peddler but some people will remember me when I will introduce myself as Ryō - Noshima's gold boy.

Unfortunately, nothing lasts forever and my desire for more than just the plain daily business at one and the same spot took over. Got in touch with the Hackers a few weeks ago in the process of looking for a new endeavor for myself. Got a lot of tips that engulfing the Lane Hacker way is just as entertaining as it is profitable. Can hardly say no to such chances, now can I?
Well, I ended up on Mactan then. Lovely station, just a bit cramped.
As it is common practice, I left old names behind and made the alias Goldfinger my own.

Yesterday I settled to give it a try and go all or nothing here and try my luck with the Inner Circle. Find some additional data related to your instructions attached below.

RE: The Lane Hackers | Recruitment - Alice Lynch - 02-17-2021

...Recruit.cd36426becf9a043baf22f02c82ca91e/156.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

Joining Application

Case: cd36426becf9a043baf22f02c82ca91e/156
Alias: Alice Lynch
Transponder: R~LH~Alice.Lynch

To whom it may concern,

An audible fatigued voice could barely be heard, as someone was muttering under its own breath. I have beliefs I've managed to commence this transmission. I can't say I'm worn out but rather satisfied I had escaped from Ageira's depraved hands. At present, I'm sitting in the cockpit of my Dromedary at the Montezuma, feeling dignified after finally seeking appropriate deeds for justice against corrupt corporations, largely Ageira. I comprehend I'm not speaking to anyone. Thus, I have high esteem for your operatives. I'm also slightly lucky I succeeded in climbing my way through the criminal ladder to ultimately reach out for people I believe might be my mere saviours.

It was unquestionably challenging to believe the notification I had received, being in a dilemma whether it's time or not - questioning how legitimate it is. However, I continuously stay faithful to my instinct, aiding me towards redemption from the wicked lands. I had no other alternative other than to follow the guidance I had received. I was trained to adequately respond to these sorts of circumstances, having sufficient knowledge to escape from their sinful hands. Surprise got the best of me, as I noticed the instructions were well-defined and accurate. I assume the extreme pressure occupied a significant part of my mentality, hardly believing the precise guidance. I couldn't miss this opportunity; otherwise, they'd keep underestimating my competence, having solely one chance to escape. Nothing could hinder me from entirely using the moment in my favour. I had located the escape pod and hacked its security measures. Simultaneously, the security teams were seemingly busy with different security breaches. Even so, I carried a gun with me.

Soon enough, I found myself in space, getting shot by many ships. The escape shuttle didn't have adequate strength to fire back, which was tempting whatsoever. Not desiring to push my luck, I promptly charged my engines into cruise mode, orientated towards the Silverton Asteroid Field. During my flight, I was listening to the directions, aiding me towards the badlands. Still, under severe stress, it was apparent my reputation with the underworld wasn't ideal for anything; hence, on my way towards New York, I disabled numerous weak Xeno and Bounty Hunter vessels. Despite the dreadful equipment, Rogues have started displaying slightly unfriendly in the reputation sheet. It was imperative to cause more havoc to build up my rep, soonly damaging several depots belonging to major corporations. Being my first time to cause destruction towards the corrupt corps, I genuinely enjoyed it - knowing how low they valued my work, torturing me for nearly anything. Hence, that was an excellent method to express my anger.

To my shock, I soonly found myself on the criminal ladder, knowing it's time to head towards the Badlands. Fearless, but shocked, by following the well-defined manual, my passion led to Buffalo, where Rogues seemingly recognised my presence without considerable difficulties. Through every gloomy night, there's a bright day after that. I stole some time to lastly settle myself down by visiting one of Buffalo's bars for a drink. Being low on time, I hurried down to the hangar seeking missions to collect funds and enhance my reputation with the underworld. There's no place to give up or disappoint whoever assisted me. In a brief period, I had fulfilled several crucial missions before following further directions; hence, I finished Phase I - prepared for the incoming actions. By now, I've been able to restore my psyche, totally fresh to the criminal world.

New directions aided me towards the Zoner base in Pennsylvania, as I had previously acquired sufficient funds for a replacement - completing many missions. The escape shuttle was old and dilatory, missing critical features for advanced assignments - made for pure survival. Upon purchasing a Dromedary freighter, I needed to return to Buffalo to smuggle Cardamine to Montezuma. After receiving the freighter, once again, my funds were barely enough to maintain the ship. As the manual suggested for additional credits, I had first discovered the "Black Bart", apparently possessing valuable cargo - turned out to be accurate without a doubt. The wreck was in orbit of the Blezard Valley, in Ontario system. Thus, I assumed this would hand me the credits I further need. Completion of these assignments, if I may call them that, indicated completion of Phase II.

My focus is to smuggle the Cardamine to Cortez skilfully, without getting caught. Quite frankly, that was the least of my worries. The Dromedary was a significant change compared to the rusty shuttle, making the overall mission less complicated and delicate. However, it's essential to keep focusing no matter how simple the instructions may be. You never know when and where the authorities can show up. I kept my eyes open through the flight. Once I had reached Montezuma Base, they authorised my docking permission merely symbolising success. I immediately transferred Cardamine and the weapon I had acquired from the wreck to Rogues. The payment was agreeable and sufficient for my present necessities. Phase III - completed. For the time being, I've decided to remain at the base until I'm hopefully contacted yet again. May the Ageira suffer for their abuse of authority and immorality.

As I've informed You of my humble ventures, it might be time to introduce You to my brief life story. I firmly believe you're aware of my biography; however, I'd like to share it anyway.

I was born on Planet Colorado, at 792 A.S, where I was solely raised by my mother, as I've never met my father. He had died due to an unknown disease before my birth. As a child, I've always been curious concerning technology, especially weapons. My mother was a Freelancer who would take assassination assignments, whereas exploration was the initial interest. As a youth, she'd assist me in my studies concerning space combat and technology, by venturing through Liberty space. We'd spend most of the time on Planet Colorado, at our household. The wars that occurred in the past exhausted most of Liberty's citizens regarding the economy, including my family. Life was unquestionably intoxicating, but we fought our way through. I've never entirely trusted the corps, but I saw a feasible hope to express my talents and interests, following my mother's bits of advice. However, I didn't comprehend how tyrannical governments genuinely are.

My excessive interest in technology influenced my future by joining Ageira Technologies, craving to study engineering, but instead, I faced bare cruelty and corruption. Before joining the corporation, the Liberty Navy had trained me for combat at the West Point - another area of interest. I partook in security measures of the Ageira, safeguarding it from any criminals, mainly in space. Nevertheless, I regret spending my time in the corporation. My mother passed away at an early age, but I still reminisce about the advice she had given me - don't trust the governments. Being awoke raises many questions and hatred towards the authorities. Presently, I endeavour to work against them and cause extravagant damage; however, it's possible, by assisting trustworthy underworld organisations, where I wish to bring justice for what's happened, and potentially study supplementary technology to spy and sabotage Ageira and its allies. My unique skillset includes extreme competence in assassinations, and high in terms of data breaches. I aspire to make the most out of this opportunity.

Phase I - Completed
Phase II - Completed
Phase III - Completed

RE: The Lane Hackers | Recruitment - Julius Krest - 03-13-2021

...Recruit.ea00178ff0b5f00d812656b54af3204c/158.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

Joining Application

Case: ea00178ff0b5f00d812656b54af3204c/158
Alias: [REDACTED]
Transponder: R~LH~[REDACTED]

Lets see where to begin, I worked for Ageira for 7 years and I worked as a technician on the lanes. Specicially I was one of the ones who would be called to work on the lanes. Not the most glamous job, but it paid the bills. I worked day in and day out all around Liberty but all good things must come to an end. I was working my usual shift, and I got called back to Pueblo, where I was was greeted by a few Liberty Navy officers, and I was told to surrender my belongings and I was to wait in the detention center of Pueblo until the ship arrived to take me away. What I learned while waiting was, apparently a tradelane I had worked on had broken and threw a liner out into a asteroid field, severly damaging the vessel and killing a large potion of the passengers. Of course I was blamed for the incident, as Agiera couldn't bear to be blamed for such a damaging incident. I was given no help, and left in the dirt, and I thought my life was done for, until I got a message while waiting in my cell.

I was given some information about a spare ship in the Hanger and a distraction in the form of a small power outage, allowed me to quickly escape into space and out into the nearby Silverton field.

Escape

I managed to shake most of the patrols in the field including both Xenos and Ageira security ships, and headed to the New York and as a small act of revenge I destroyed a few of their Depots at both Baltimore Shipyard and Newark Station. From there I headed towards the California and then into the Ontario where I was told to look out for some prototype weapon that the Rogues were looking for. I collected the prototype and sold it for a pretty penny.

Killing some of the patrols
More patrols
Depot Destruction
Prototype weapon

After returning the weapon they told me to try to find a better ship if you want to make it in this world. They told me a Rogue was looking to get rid of an old Bactrian on Niverton, and I headed there to check it out. I made a hasty deal with the man, and he told me, if I wanted to make some real credits, a friend of his has a shipment of Cardimine that needed to be shipped to Montezuma in Cortez, which lined up perfectly with the instructions I had been given. I quickly made it through New York and California but was by no means an easy trip. I will wait here until I hear something back. I do hope the bartender on Montezuma has something good.

Sucessful Delivery

RE: The Lane Hackers | Recruitment - Jack Marshall - 06-08-2022

...Recruit.fdb075babfc6907afa700df7dbf81e99/165.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

Joining Application

Case: fdb075babfc6907afa700df7dbf81e99/165
Alias: [REDACTED]
Transponder: R~LH~[REDACTED]

You ever give your heart and soul to something, only to find out that that something is being used in a way that corrupts both it and you through and through? I have. Ageira took my work, and poked so many holes in it until even a seven year old could abuse it. Then they gave it to their special clients, top-tier customers willing to pay billions for backdoor access into the tradelane software. Backdoor access that wasn't there before. Once I found out, naive as I was, I took it to my supervisor, they reported it to their supervisor. Then suddenly, I'm being moved to a different department for work-related issues and my supervisor disappears.

I realize I'm done for, so I keep the proverbial head down. I start to notice things; objects not where I left them, doors suddenly unlocked even though I am 100% positive I locked them. I begin to prepare for an exit plan. Before I can, I receive a cryptic message on my personal device, amazing work as my security is top-notch, detailing instructions on how to evade my, apparently closing in, capturers. I have no idea how, but those instructions were accurate down to the second.

The station turrets were a joke. I am not the best pilot, but any idiot can recognize that fractal ellipse pattern. Ageira uses it for most things, from generating security codes to encrypting their own files, makes an odd sort of sense they used it to program those turrets. One of their shots did graze my external camera mount, so I lost any footage from the scape. Luckily it realigned itself a few minutes later.

Next issue were the Ageira patrols (can you say 'fractal ellipse search pattern'?) which weren't much of an issue, but the Xenos, those were unexpected. Luckily they were a bunch of rookies and were taken out easily enough. By a strange twist of fate, a familiar voice came from my speakers. I will only refer to him by his new alias '[REDACTED]', but there's no words for the feeling of not being utterly alone.

Together we shot through the openings of the patrols in the field. [REDACTED] told me that instead of going through the gate and risk getting tagged (at this point, a near certainty), we should use a jump hole. He knew of one, appeared stable so we transversed the event horizon and ended up in New York. Not knowing where to head next aside from risking the trip into the badlands, we turned to Rochester base. Here we were able to find various contracts, so we could impress our soon-to-be saviors, the Liberty Rogues. Good thing too, it set us up with some much needed cash. Even though we weren't that well known yet, we decided to chance the trip into the badlands. With some luck and a trick I picked up at Rochester from a friendly Junker, we would be able to get through to the Rogues.

Turns out, luck isn't all you need. What you need is a reputation. At first the Rogues wouldn't even talk to us, so I deployed my trick. I hacked my way into one of their older ships and changed our IFF from there. This seemed to work, they guided us to a hidden base in the Badlands, I think they call it Buffalo. However, once aboard they quickly discovered my 'trick', and we were refused any supplies, access to ships other then our own, and left to our own devices. Luckily for us, our private devices chimed with a new message which in turn provided a new direction. Niverton, in Pennsylvania.

We quickly made our way there and found what we were looking for. A pair of Bactrians with not too many scrapes. A quick transfer of the funds we gained from our earlier contract work and we were good to go. Next stop was Texas. There were rumors about special weapons, something that would surely impress our Rogue overlords. So we set out to find some. After a few misses and some tense time in one of Texas' radiation fields, we found the remains of the Dallas Research Complex.

We made our way back, but were forced to divert to Beaumont Base. LPI as well as other lawful personnel were scouting out the gates and the nearby fields of debris. We decided to lay low for a while. Afterwards we would take some more missions for our Junker hosts, and we'd be able to show our faces on Buffalo again.

Once we proved ourselves yet again, we received word Buffalo had forgiven my previous missteps. Making our way back, we felt like gods. Here we were, escaped from corporate clutches and doing pretty well all things considered. Sure we were on the run, but we also managed to take out hosts of enemy fighters, a few bases, and had survived incredibly dangerous parts of space.

That all changed when we reached Buffalo for the second time. Turns out that although forgiven and we could now conduct business on the base, nobody actually wanted to, being an unknown quantity. So we resorted to more grunt work, mostly against bounty hunter patrols. For the last stretch we decided to simply bribe one of the station officials and once word spread of our new standing, we could now dedicate ourselves to the last leg of our mandatory journey.

The messages were fairly specific, smuggle Cardamine to Montezuma in Cortez. Tried and bribed as we did, raw Cardamine was off-limits to outsiders. Instead we were offered to smuggle the Cardamine Cartridges. Hoping this would appease our would-be benefactors, both [REDACTED] and I loaded our holds to the brim and took off. Our journey was immediately hindered by the presence of a Liberty Navy and 46th Fleet check point on the California gate. Deciding to use guile rather than brute force, we broke into the security layer of the California-West Point lane and faked an outage to its sensor network. This caused the checkpoint to break up and check out the disturbance allowing us to quickly slip into California.

Opting for speed over safety, we raced through the lane network, hoping we could outrun those who would be no doubt chasing us. Several minutes later we entered Cortez and disappeared into the icefields, looking for Montezuma base. The rest of the journey uneventful, the dodging of giant ice chunks notwithstanding, we arrived at Montezuma and sold our precious cargo.

As I type this, the wait begins for a message from our rescuers. Hopefully this was not all for naught.

Graphical proof of the exploits reported above is contained in the encrypted storage bucket attached below.

.....~LH.EXPLOITS.PROOF.ENCRYPTED.....

PS: There appears to be a potential flaw in the coding of the final message. It contains remnant code of the supposed message formatting, which I was able to reconstruct but it did not implement this into destination as it should.

RE: The Lane Hackers | Recruitment - leo_fett - 06-08-2022

...Recruit.6ec403e9ba1c582048900cfb55e36034/164.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

Joining Application

Case: 6ec403e9ba1c582048900cfb55e36034/164
Alias: Carnifex
Transponder: R~LH~Carnifex

To whom it may concern,

I'm finally free!

Where do I start...

Everyone knew the rumours of corruption surrounding Ageira. I, like many, blew them off as just that - rumours until now. I'd been with the company for 5 years, working in the finance team. A week or so ago I started coming across some strange transactions, money going nowhere, coming from nowhere. I raised the discrepancies with my boss who brushed it off as glitches and clerical errors and told me not to worry and move on, but none of it felt right. I started compiling what information I could, trying to be careful - asking around for clues from the technicians, programmers, and people I considered friends to piece together whatever this was. Eventually, I hit dirt! backdoor deals for sub-standard parts. Hush money for lane failures and god knows what else. Panicked, I tried to contact friends to warn them of what I'd found only to have no response or "they no longer work in this department". I wanted to try and take a copy of as much as possible but suddenly my access was revoked and in storms a security team who grabbed me and escorted me away while my office was being ransacked.

I was shoved into a detention cell. Outside I could hear Guard running around and yelling before I was subjected to what felt like hours of questioning myself. Alone and tired I almost didn't hear the lock *click* open and a keycard with a note slide in. I went to the door and peeked outside, the corridor was empty, I hurried back to the keycard with the note "YOUR LIFE IS IN DANGER! GO TO THESE COORDINATES, THERE'S A SHIP IN THE SERVICE HANGER. HURRY!" It took what felt like an eternity to process the note before I bolted for the door and towards the hanger. As I reached the ship the alarm started blasting but they were too late, I got the ship powered and escaped the station.

patrols were heavily searching the asteroid field but I managed to stay just hidden enough until I ran into a squadron of Xenos pilots who, as luck would have it, were already busy with someone. against my better judgement, I got on the comm and offered to help, hoping they might be willing to return the favour. Fate was kind and the person I'd run into, who'll I'll refer to by their new alias Marshall, was one of the people I'd reached out to while investigating. We quickly dealt with the Xenos before heading to New York through a jump hole nearby I was aware of, better to be safe than sorry considering the sensor suites used on Jump Gates.

Once in New York, I realised the coordinates I'd been given led into the Badlands, not somewhere either of us was ready to deal with just yet. Rochester, a Junker station, was nearby and our first port of call. with the few credits I had and what was left on the ship I managed to grab some food while Marshall managed to get us in on some pest control contracts nearby which helped with the lack-of-credits situation.

Not wanting to sit around for too long we decided to make a break for the coordinates I was given, however the area is a known rogue hotspot so Marshall somehow managed to modify our ships IFFs to show as one of them and we made it to Buffalo station, a rogue base hidden in the asteroids of the badlands. Unfortunately upon landing it was obvious we didn't look like we belonged there and the Rogues were not happy at our trickery, if it wasn't for us getting a new message from our mystery saviour guiding us to a station in Pennsylvania and the name of a contact there we'd have been in a very sticky situation.

The gate to Pennsylvania was always having issues and I knew its local sensors rarely reported back which made our journey into the system and onto Niverton a lot simpler. New ships and new IDs meant I could finally take a breath before our contact told us about a rumoured weapons Cache which the rogues would be very happy to get their hands on at the site of the Dallas Incident in exchange for the data I'd copied investigating Ageira.

with the use of jump holes getting into Texas was surprisingly easy, with a quick stop at the local junker base, Beaumont, for some nav maps of the fields before heading out to the rumoured cache. The new ships held up great, considering the storms and radiation on the other side of the hull and we managed to find the cache among the wreckage. on the way back a close call with LPI meant an extended stay at Beaumont to let things cool down, taking on some more contracts and even taking out a few FOBs in the process. During this time word of our find apparently had already made its way back to Buffalo and they requested our presence. Feeling pretty smug we made our way back to New York.

Unfortunately, this was short-lived. While we were allowed docking access, no one wanted to do business with us as none of the traders knew anything about us. we were allowed to tag along with the combat pilots, doing some defence patrols and hit/run on the nearby lanes increased our favour with some. Eventually, a station official offered to vouch for us to a distributor, for a fee of course. We accepted and were reluctantly sold a hold full of Cardamine Cartridges, there was no way we were getting the pure stuff.

While my hold was still being filled Marshall had gone ahead to check out our route and found Liberty Navy doing border checks at the California gate. Marshall, who seemed far more adept at this than I feel he should have been messed with the nearby lane security and caused the team at the gate to check out the disturbance giving us enough time to access the gate

we hoped for the best and made our way through the system and onto Cortez as quick as we could. Disappearing into the icefields, we finally made it to Montezuma base and handed off the cargo as requested

Typing this up, waiting for any information from our Saviour, I wonder how my life got turned upside down so quickly...

Evidence: https://imgur.com/a/wmQoQKi

RE: The Lane Hackers | Recruitment - Anton Murik - 06-08-2022

...Recruit.e711b6c2b659634cf20e369b37ac785e/152.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

Joining Application

Case: e711b6c2b659634cf20e369b37ac785e/152
Alias: Anton Murik
Transponder: R~LH~Anton.Murik

This is Murik. I appreciate your help in rescuing me from the hands of the Ageira Security Division - the reasons for what they were going to do remain unknown to me, at least for now, but the truth will one day be revealed. One day, I will return the favour to you as well.

My path has been thorny but I reached Buffalo Base in safe and sound... and with a blood of Xenos on my hands. They tried to kill me as I was passing through the Silverton and I had no other choice but defend myself - it feels wrong to kill, but... I had to... Rogues did not meet me the warmest way but after long hours spent in the cabin of this tiny spaceship it still was a relief to me.

I didn't kill a single Bounty Hunter, although I am no doubt they wouldn't return this favour to me and murder me a bunch of credits, but still... I feel a bit better this way. Instead, I helped some Rogues on the station to repair their ships - despite being made of literally sh@t, they hold pretty well and have interesting engineering solutions. I noted some of them for future.

Finding what is left of Dallas Research Complex was a challenge, especially with Grande Negra's severe radiation that was eating my Starflier alive... but I made it and found one of the greatest Ageira's failures. I wonder how many more are hid in deep and dark corners of space.

Leaving in haste, I reached first Texas Jump Hole and then to Pennsylvania Jump Hole right where it was charted by the Rogues I mentioned. The rest of path to Niverton was nothing but a relax: Pennsylvania is really peaceful these days, even despite the Navy advancing on Insurgency in Vespucci. Doubt they will hold for long, though.

A shipment of Cardamine awaited for me together with a "brand new" Bactrian Freighter. Its a beautiful ship, actually: although combat enhancement sacrificed engine capital speed but now this beast carrying two mines that can damage pretty badly almost any opponent... if they hit. Guns were not included and I had no money left for them so I will just peacefully ship stuff around, get muscles and money, become rich and famous merchant, right?... Yeah, I can't believe this too. Nevertheless, never before I had to deal with Cardamine, only heard stories - didn't want to test my luck either so just shipped it, nothing else. The customer was happy to see such a load for a little price - and I was happy of a few more coins in my pocket and no deadly drug in my cargo hold.

I am awaiting further instructions.