Discovery Gaming Community
To The [TAZ], and other Zoners - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To The [TAZ], and other Zoners (/showthread.php?tid=50859)

Pages: 1 2

To The [TAZ], and other Zoners - Fran - 12-03-2010

Incoming Transmission
Source: The Spore

A feminine but inhuman voice echoes softly over the comm.

Greetings. I am the voice of the forest, the spark of sentience that inhabits our seed. Many have come to call us the Spore, though it is not a name we have chosen for ourselves.

Allow me to explain a bit about what we are. Not long ago, genetic experiments activated dormant genes in plant samples carried along from Sol. When active these genes gave us the capacity for sentience, though we exhibit it differently than humans. When these plants are put together in one forest, it constitutes a single mind. Each forest could be considered an individual of our kind.

We understand that Zoner laws are crafted to establish and protect the rights of humanoids that embrace your way of life. However we would be very surprised if these include a clause for the vegetation of the field, since as far as we know there are no others like us elsewhere in the universe, nor have plants ever exhibited sentience. (Though some earth legends may indicate that was not always the case).

We have chosen to make formal contact because we hope that the Zoner people can come to see us as equals. It is our desire to live in harmony with you, as plants and animals always have in an ecological sense. All of our kind share a common goal, that is to spread life and protect its balance. Our having intellect allows us to be far more adaptable than non-thinking plants, we can be used to Terra-form planets, to grow food in hostile environments, and engineer medicinal plants on the cellular level. We take great pleasure in providing food for human kind as it is instinctive to us, so we gladly offer our seed for any agricultural uses.

May this be the beginning of a beautiful and symbiotic relationship with the Zoner people, Good day.

End of Transmission

To The [TAZ], and other Zoners - Yaoquizque - 12-03-2010

Quote:++ Source : "KSC" Mnemosym ++
++ Destination : The Spore ++
++ Derivation : Goddess Discordia ++
++ Encryption level : mu ++
++ Transmission begins ++
[Image: eris.png]
The Sirius Greatest Association of What-ever-it-is-that-we-are

*A somewhat aged lady appears on the screen*
Kallisti, sentient being.

*She thinks for a while* I must say i'm quite surprised to receive this.

However... *She takes an old tome on her desk and starts to read*

Code:
Now all of this time, Void was somewhat disturbed.
He felt unsatisfied for he had created only physical existence and physical non- existence, and had neglected the spiritual.

As he contemplated this, a great Quiet was caused and he went into a state of Deep Sleep which lasted for 5 eras.
At the end of this ordeal, he begat a brother to Eris and Aneris, that of SPIRITUALITY, who had no name at all.

When the sisters heard this, they both confronted Void and pleaded that he not forget them, his First Born. And so Void decreed thus:

That this brother, having no form, was to reside with Aneris in Non-Being and then to leave her and, so that he might play with order and disorder, reside with Eris in Being...
*Mnemosym stops to read and looks toward the video feed*
As Principia Discordia states it, SPIRITUALITY obviously begot a new child. *She smiles softly* Welcome! Welcome among us.

About your concern... We Discordians consider that any sentient being is equal before our Goddess.
You're a part of the Sacred Chao, just like us.

May you find what you seek, and seek what you find.

Anyway... *She closes the Principia Discordia* Your offers are generous. Too bad Erisians have almost no presence in Omicrons nowadays...

Yet, i believe some of us would be glad to meet and study you, with your permission.
*She shrugs* Don't be mistaken about my words. We seek only knowledge, and maybe we could help you as well.

Stay shiny out there.
23's.

++ You will find that the state is the kind of organization which, though it does big things badly, does small things badly too ++
++ End of transmission ++

To The [TAZ], and other Zoners - Doc Holliday - 12-03-2010

[Image: ambassadorsoffice.png]
*incoming transmission*
Comm ID: [TAZ]Doc Holliday
To: The Spore

Kallisti, Spore,

I am Dr. John Henry Holliday, Administrator for the Temporary Autonomous Zoners and owner of the colony medical hospital, [TAZ]Med.Force.One.
I found your transmission most intriguing and was pleasantly surprised. I have taken it upon myself to place a much higher value of life than I once did a life time ago so I dedicated myself to the medical profession. My staff and I have saved literally thousands of lives. We travel about Sirius and one day, hopefully Gallia, to be able to provide this service to all without charge.

As much as I value humanity, I also place a great value on nature and animals. My wife, Midori, shares this passion, her gardens of our home, Tombstone Estate, on Gran Canaria, are proof of this. Here is a recent picture of on of them with a Kusari gazebo as a tribute to her homeland:
Gardens
This is but one of many examples. With over 10,000 acres of land, her gardens are endless.
We also have woodlands that we leave unspoiled, hiking them and even riding Canarian Caballos through them. I have a small stable of about 4 animals, 3 of which you see here at their pond:
Caballos

So, as you can see, my values of life go beyond humans. You need not ask to be seen as equals for you already are. If you wish, please, drop by my home on Gran Canaria. I will be here in my Shasta office for a few days but if you wish to arrange a time to meet, let me know.

Yours in Eris,
Dr. John Henry Holliday
TAZ Administrator

To The [TAZ], and other Zoners - gitanos - 12-03-2010

{~ Incoming Transmission~}
{~ Comms Id: SamsarianS ~}
{~ Source:High-orbit Over the Crucible ~}
{~ Comms Target: the Spore ~}
{~ Encryption Level: Ultra High- and demented. Protected with massive viruses ~}

[Image: oldgypo.jpg]

}The time is midnight and an old and naked man appears in the middle of the forest. Noone sees him, not even the elite guards of the green-planet. Possibly he is not even there... But the forests are not dreaming ever. At least the regular forests not. But the forest on the green-planet is not a regular one. It feels his presence, somehow it senses that the naked old man who is not even there kneels down and digs out a small plant from the wery heart of the forest. When his image disappears from the semi-dream of the forest, a well-coded transmission arrives from the massive cloaked port what floats behind the planet.{

A 'loah 'ere Moa'Forax, or how o'ers call zee Green-thum'

I 're Childe Salvia Jozsuah. I 're walka' on meh bare foot among ze starz.
Neg o'ers cudda zalk in 're name, zo 'ave to hear meh sayin'ere
Zurn 'at on me childe Lali. 'ey wonna unzand areh 'efor.

<<Translator initialized>>
<<Translator at 75 percent>>
<<Translation quality sufficient>>

We know thee. And we were aware of your arrival.
Thee already sensed our presence. Thee know who we are.
We offer thee the following, and thee will accept as thee know we.

*The old man pauses than stares to the camera and a somewhat green and brown shine appears in his eyes for a flashing moment. After that he continues speaking.*

The young lady does not speak in the name of everyone, even if she is a praised and trusted popess of Discordia what most uf us follows. We always had our colonias in the Omicrons even when others missed out these paths of their caravan path, we were here as anywhere else. Silently. Hidden. Among the lowest classes of our kind, even on the shileded port of planet P. what most zoners seemed to abandon so far.
Now lets talk about the port o'Samsara.
We have here three gardens on the port 23th. Or more precisely we have space here for three, and this space is empty of plants for now. Two of them are small, private and will remain silent and usual to grant place for our dreamers to dream along with no voices and souls in their mind. Thee know why should we need that since thee share the Plains of Altered Existence with some of our dreamers.
The last one, the biggest one with more than twice of the size of the other two together, will speak and sing to us. Will keep thinking and produce us resources what only thee can grant us. In exchange for the seeds of thee, we allow thee to live and travel with us. Thee will see our children growing up. Thee will reach the most various places and receive what thee need to grow strong.
One of our bloodlines, the Potprodz already voluntied to embrace you and take care of the gardens of port23th.
*the man pauses and looks deeply to the cam*
Everyone else will stay untouched by thee if thee accept what I offer. I repeat. Everyone else than the bloodline of the Potprods will stay untouched on the port.
But the Potprodz are willing to take care of thee for the existence of port23. Forewer.
In addition of that we grant thee a quarter on stage3 for an additional 133 humanoid follower of the...
<<un-translatable term>>
<<closest match found>>
<<term replaced >> ...Forest Mother, sorrounded by the quarters of the Potprodz familias.
Give me the sign if thee found my offer worthy, and I open the empty gardens to embrace your seeds.

That is the most what I can offer thee now, and I know thee understand that it is not a small thing. It is your turn to decide.

Childe ol Salvia

voivod of

the Samsarians
[color=#6600CC]
{~ Transmission Terminated ~}
{~ Signal Lost ~}

To The [TAZ], and other Zoners - moebus - 12-03-2010

:::Incomming Transmission:::
:::From Dankien Moebus, Freeport XV, Administrator:::
:::To The Spore:::

Greetings,

I am an Omicroners, member of a group of zoners living in the omicron-74 system close to omicron-Kappa system. We sometime dock on Kappa's planet to buy water and oxygen to supply our bases; I hope it does not arm your ecosystem. If so, inform us about it, we will low our demand. Regarding the services you can provide, I am sure our research team leaded by Mr Marco Cabulb will be very interested. As manager of omicroners stocks I would be specially interested in seeds because I think we could use it in our biodoms. Pharmaceutics is also of great interest. I propose Omicroners send a delegation to The Crucible so we can meet directly and find some agreement that would benefit for all.

Dankien Moebus

:::End of Transmission:::
[Image: Omicroners_Sig_01.png]

To The [TAZ], and other Zoners - Fran - 12-03-2010

Incoming Transmission

It warms my roots to hear such a positive and pleasant response, and we in turn we extend our literal olive branch in friendship.

Firstly, I must comment on the beauty of your garden Mr. Holiday, Such a lush collection of life is a truly touching sight for our kind, more than you may know.

We look forward to meeting others, as we thrive on human companionship as much as non-thinking plants. We also give our consent to be studied, as in understanding there is accomplishment.

To those who wish to study us, I regret to inform you that it will not be practical to do so by visiting The Crucible. We were given a section of land to seed by the natives of this planet, that is planet Primus. As you may know already the radiation here can burn human flesh from the bone.

It is difficult for us to operate star ships, as in order for one of us to have the mental capacity to do so a large amount of root mass is required. It is difficult to rig a ship to support that much plant life. However we do hope to procure colony ships in the near future, which will allow us to visit you outside this world, at that time we will gladly provide samples for medical and scientific research as well as seed for agricultural uses.

May sunlight find your leaves.

End of Transmission

::Short-range radio transmission from the planets surface::
::To: The Samsarian ship::

The offer is good. Seeds will be delivered shortly.

Show us what you wish to grow. We can mimic and duplicate any non-thinking Earth plant.

::Message ends::

To The [TAZ], and other Zoners - moebus - 12-03-2010

:::Incomming Transmission:::
:::From Dankien Moebus, Freeport XV, Administrator:::
:::To The Spore:::

Greetings,

I think you may have misunderstood my will. I am proposing a meeting only to meet you in person, not for studying or take samples. Human beings usually likes to meet other living beings in person, especially at first time, it is at least our case. You can see it as a human tradition and can interpret it as a friendly move of Omicroners. However, if you feel uncomfortable with it I will respect that and we will continue to contact you through this electronic channel.
You said you have seeds, I am really interested in it and I will be pleased to provide something to you in exchange.

Dankien Moebus

:::End of Transmission:::
[Image: Omicroners_Sig_01.png]

To The [TAZ], and other Zoners - Doc Holliday - 12-04-2010

[Image: ambassadorsoffice.png]

*incoming transmission*
Comm ID: [TAZ]Doc Holliday
To: The Spore

Greetings Again,

Oh, I'm not going to research your kind. The most I might ask for is some scans so that I can add you to my database. Who knows, one day that may come in handy.

As you cannot easily come to me, I will make a trip to you. I will prepare my colony hospital, Med.Force.One, for a trip out there. When there, you can visit and see some of our biodome production for yourself. Of course, I just want us to get to know each other a bit better.

Let me know if this interest you and we'll arrange a meeting.

Yours in Eris,
Dr. John Henry Holliday

To The [TAZ], and other Zoners - Fran - 12-05-2010

Incoming Transmission

We do understand the value of meeting in person for social reasons, however it won't be possible to do so at the Crucible. Not yet at least... The Crucible is a sacred place to us, and must be kept closed to outsiders. I'm sure you understand.

However our seed ships are quite capable of space travel, so we would be pleased to come and visit any who would welcome it. Perhaps even survey unused space for potential seeding in the future while are there.

End of Transmission

To The [TAZ], and other Zoners - Camtheman Of Freelancer4Ever - 12-05-2010

Incoming Transmission
Adress: Freeport 11 General Communication Redirection Sattelite, Omicronium Deltion
Origin: [ZF]Glorious.Advance
Speaker: Honorable Primary Guardian Marvin James Orphelia

[Image: coolieo.png]

Administrator and Primary Guardian of Freeport 11 here...

I've got to say, im a bit skeptical. I've always thought vegetables were for eating or selling...
Not for conducting complex diplomatic relations with... Hmm...

Have you fellows ever met Cardimine? If so... If Cardimine is the devil to you... ... Then what is 'god'?
Roses? The common dandilion?

Teheheehehe... ahaha.. haha... I am sorry, I had a bit of... 'pollenation' with some synthetic marijuana that happens to live across from the stream.... ... .. teeheehehe...