Discovery Gaming Community
Gcorp rises from the ashes, a Faction Submission - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Gcorp rises from the ashes, a Faction Submission (/showthread.php?tid=5089)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Gcorp rises from the ashes, a Faction Submission - Drake - 12-21-2007

You could consider a 'light' civilian battleship, such as the Battlestar. Even a Zoner Juggernaught I think would be a better choice for a flagship than the Kusari Battleship.

Gcorp rises from the ashes, a Faction Submission - chopper - 12-21-2007

' Wrote:You could consider a 'light' civilian battleship, such as the Battlestar. Even a Zoner Juggernaught I think would be a better choice for a flagship than the Kusari Battleship.

I don't think Juggernauts are available for anyone else except Zoners :nono:
Battlestar - I agree, but as you said, i would prefer seeing a Fearless as a flagship.
I have edited my previous post, 2 times, in case Kerc didn't notice.

Gcorp rises from the ashes, a Faction Submission - RingoW - 12-21-2007

Concerning Blood Dragons. GMG gave Blood Dragons lessons how to fight in nebulas. So would they really be unfriendly or hostile?. I wouldn't teach tricks to a possible enemy. Freakin Freelancer diplomacy, i know.

respectful
AoM

Gcorp rises from the ashes, a Faction Submission - McNeo - 12-21-2007

Or maybe the IMG battlecruiser?

As I recall, the group are allies (but my memory is poor at best) so this would be a more fitting flagship than any battleship, and a lot cheaper too...

I wish you luck Gcorp!

Nah, IMG is allied with ALG, not GMG:)

Gcorp rises from the ashes, a Faction Submission - LancerZero - 12-21-2007

Message to: GCorp HQ
Comm ID: Fleet Kapitan Conrad Egon, Red Hessian Army

Greetings from the Omegas and south Rheinland, Mr. Kerc. It would seem that we share a common enemy in the form of the Rheinland Military...not to mention the Corsairs. You have undoubtedly heard the phrase "the enemy of my enemy is my friend." While I don't expect or desire the RHA to be listed as an ally to a major corporation, I would appreciate it if we were moved to the "Neutral" list. In return, we will leave your shipping alone, as your very existence is anathema to the mighty corporations that control the current Rheinland government. Details can be worked out via private communications if need be.

Gcorp rises from the ashes, a Faction Submission - mjolnir - 12-21-2007

' Wrote:I think you need to set few ships, not 10.
Because, strict ship line is bringing good to RP.
If you all fly different fighters, it will look funny.
So, ditch all Kusari fighters + bomber.
Make a choice for 2, maybe 3 civilian fighters + civ. bomber.
*By civilian i mean those made by the GMG as well (Stinger, Vipers etc)*

Edit2 : And what about Havoc II? It is not a fighter, it is a Liberty bomber. Why would GMG use a Liberty bomber?
They have their own - Taiidan. Use Taiidans, and only Taiidans. It's not good to see one faction using 3 different bombers.
Another thing. "All looted guns" is not really a good idea as well.

If they should keep more strict with the ships then choices would be:

Stinger (primary)
Eagle/Griffin/Falcon/Hawk
Virage
All civilian LFs

but I think that they sure could have some variety in fighters. It's a guild so it's less strict on it's members I think...more a loosely associated group of miners.

Bombers:
Taidain (primary) - it's made by GMG
Civ. Bomber
Havoc MKII - read the infocard !!! it's made by Ageira and sold on civilian markets.... it's not a liberty only bomber, it also says that BAF uses it.

"All looted guns" is kind of bad yes.... that way you can actually use everything. Maybe set a limit the number of looted guns?

EDIT: IMG is actually very closely tied to GMG... they developed quite a lot of ships together.

@Mjonlir - I understand and i know the Infocard.
But, however, there is actually no need for one faction to fly 3 different types of bombers.
GMG has it's own bomber.
It is not logical for them to buy another one on "Alternative" market, don't you agree?
And same goes for Kusari bomber. There is no need to buy it from Kusari, when they can make their own Taiidans!
I will never agree for one faction that has it's own bomber, to use another one, just because it's better.
And yes, Stinger should be their first choice when talking about VHF's.
Vipers would/should be second, as they are built with help of GMG, while eagle isn't.

Gcorp rises from the ashes, a Faction Submission - mjolnir - 12-21-2007

@chopper... hmm why did BSG need that Kusari bomber then?... you should only be using Civilian one or Taidan... you see this goes both ways
EDIT: Yes I know BSG has one Kusari bomber... but it also has something to do with Lotek "selling" you only one. But that's a way off-topic here.
------------------------------------------

They did put Stinger as their primary fighter.

I say again that since it's a guild they can use whatever civilian ship they like, it's their choice.... Kusari fighters are not civilian though.

Gcorp rises from the ashes, a Faction Submission - StarButt - 12-21-2007

Have to say that "ship/weapons restrictions" are a bit loose..

Basically they said: We can use ANYTHING we like, except maybe pirate ships....
On infocards of so many vessels, GMG has it's signature. More than enough for any faction. Use just those and U'd be much more RP.

A BIG NO NO to Kusari ships. Those are House navy/military crafts. GMG is civilian. As for Havoc, It might be civi, but still I'd say Ageira is a bit too far away for GMG. And they do have their own GMG developed bomber, and even independent civi eagle.

An try to be more "fighter/bomber" group than cap.ship one. It goes better with ur RP anyway. GMG is independent civilian faction, not a NAVY FLEET.