Discovery Gaming Community
Gcorp rises from the ashes, a Faction Submission - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Gcorp rises from the ashes, a Faction Submission (/showthread.php?tid=5089)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Gcorp rises from the ashes, a Faction Submission - chopper - 12-21-2007

BSG is not a faction, yet.
We have one experimental Kusari bomber, and all members are allowed to get only Taiidans.
If BSG ever becomes a faction, it will have a very strict line of ships, including bombers as well.
It is going both ways, and i am very aware of that.
I will gladly give that Catamaran away when and IF we register.
And i believe BSG has very strict ship usage even with that 1 Kusari bomber.
Only Vipers and Taiidan is pretty much strict.
And it's a bit off-topic, i apologize.

Gcorp rises from the ashes, a Faction Submission - StarButt - 12-21-2007

' Wrote:@chopper... hmm why did BSG need that Kusari bomber then?... you should only be using Civilian one or Taidan... you see this goes both ways

They did put Stinger as their primary fighter.

I say again that since it's a guild they can use whatever civilian ship they like, it's their choice.... Kusari fighters are not civilian though.

Mjolnir, BSG has these ships available:

Viper Mk1
Viper Mk2
Taiidan bomber
1 (ONE)[uno]{ein} kusari bomber
NO CAP SHIPS (not even gunboats)

I'd say that's pretty restricted considering...Wouldn't u?

(sorry for OOT)

Gcorp rises from the ashes, a Faction Submission - bluntpencil2001 - 12-21-2007

Right, I'll chime in and agree with the tightening of ship restrictions.

Try pick a fighter that defines the faction and encourage its use, for instance, for a more uniform feel. If you can't find one, the Eagle is a lovely ship.

I can see the use of Kusari Gunboats and Destroyers, but no battleships.

Also... your acronym is bothering me... what does 'GCorp' actually stand for? 'Gas Corporation'? You didn't list it...

Oh, and everyone else, try not to oversimplify the differences between 'civilian' and 'military' here... I'd probably equate the GMG to giant oil corporations, or maybe oil-rich nations in today's world, perhaps analogous to Saudi Arabia for instance... with plenty of military hardware. The GMG is almost a nation in its own right... Hence the victory over Rheinland in the 80 Years War and hence insurgents looking to them for support (My point here explained... or maybe a different point entirely...: If Blood Dragons went to them for support and now have battleships, you'd think the GMG themselves would have even more than this.).

' Wrote:Right, I'll chime in and agree with the tightening of ship restrictions.

Try pick a fighter that defines the faction and encourage its use, for instance, for a more uniform feel. If you can't find one, the Eagle is a lovely ship.

I can see the use of Kusari Gunboats and Destroyers, but no battleships.

Also... your acronym is bothering me... what does 'GCorp' actually stand for? 'Gas Corporation'? You didn't list it...

Oh, and everyone else, try not to oversimplify the differences between 'civilian' and 'military' here... I'd probably equate the GMG to giant oil corporations, or maybe oil-rich nations in today's world, perhaps analogous to Saudi Arabia for instance... with plenty of military hardware. The GMG is almost a nation in its own right... Hence the victory over Rheinland in the 80 Years War and hence insurgents looking to them for support.

U have a point about all that, but, top-line crafts were never ever available even to Saudi-Arabia. They got their F-14s and F-15s (export versions) much later after being introduced to US navy and US airforce. Also, consider if Saudi-Arabia will be getting F-22s anytime soon? I think not...

And as u put it:

"Try pick a fighter that defines the faction and encourage its use, for instance, for a more uniform feel."

That IMHO greatly enhances RP feel.

Also GMG has one of the best class9 guns out there...no real need to spoil RP with "all looted" ones.

EDIT:
Also, story about GMG defeating Rheinland navy, I believe is more about their skills in using tactics and environment (e.g. explosive gas clouds) to stop much LARGER force of enemy cap. ships, than really "head on" battle of vast fleets.

Gcorp rises from the ashes, a Faction Submission - bluntpencil2001 - 12-21-2007

' Wrote:U have a point about all that, but, top-line crafts were never ever available even to Saudi-Arabia. They got their F-14s and F-15s (export versions) much later after being introduced to US navy and US airforce. Also, consider if Saudi-Arabia will be getting F-22s anytime soon? I think not...

No, but analysts do expect Saudi Arabia to purchase large quantities of the new T-90 tank from Russia... anyway... the point is that they aren't a typical civilian faction like SynthFoods.

Anyway... the GMG would likely have their own supplies of ships, and not import too many, saving maybe Zoner ships.

In fact, limiting the ship list could get something like this(feel free to ignore suggestions here:P); Taiidan series, Eagle and relatives, Stinger, *limited* Kusari capital ships, Zoner destroyer.

They say they're expeditionary exploring unit. And IMG Albatros is an explorer vessel. This one would fit their role play really well. IMG Gunboats wouldn't be far off either, but I'd suggest they stick to either "all IMG gunboats" or "all KNF", whichever they choose. Just don't mix...

Gcorp rises from the ashes, a Faction Submission - Jinx - 12-21-2007

ok - the original post said something about a more than average use of big ships - i d guess superheavy fighters, gunboats, destroyers, cruisers ( no battleships included in that calculation, cause they are poor for exploring )

i didn t know about the kusari background of GMG, i gotto admit - if thats the case, i d say - no problem with something up to the destroyer, which suits the purpose, cause its got a very narrow shape and can fit through rocks easily. - but i d discuss that with the official KNF faction maybe to avoid problems.
zoner ships will certainly work, too - except for the juggernaut, cause even zoners have to endure yelling for flying that ship - so it would most probably not go into the hands of their allies. - not cause they don t want to, but rather cause t hey simply haven t got enough of them.

shipuse in general - its a civilian faction and not a military faction. even after they defeated the rheinland military - they are still civilian. they don t need to be as limited as a military, i think. so - i would make suggestions for the members to use specific ships - but by no means limit them. ... if someone wants to fly a virage, but the virage happens not to be on the shiplist - no problem. GMG is rich, influencial and widespread. we re not talking about a smaller pirate faction with limited local influence.

most important will be how you ll actually play the faction. are you passive, aggressive, activly looking for trouble - will you react to calls for help, will you throw yourself into battle even when you re outnumbered... all that is more important than what ship you use. ( i think ). take the zoner faction there - they have some good ships and quite offensive power aswell as a huge arsenal of equipment and weapons they can use - but are hardly ever involved in fights. - so people wouldn t care much if we include 1 ship into "you can use that" or 100.

Gcorp rises from the ashes, a Faction Submission - Monk - 12-21-2007

correct me if im wrong...Gcorp stands for Goon Corp...just a hunch and not a flame

Gcorp rises from the ashes, a Faction Submission - KercKasha - 12-21-2007

' Wrote:Have to say that "ship/weapons restrictions" are a bit loose..

Basically they said: We can use ANYTHING we like, except maybe pirate ships....
On infocards of so many vessels, GMG has it's signature. More than enough for any faction. Use just those and U'd be much more RP.

A BIG NO NO to Kusari ships. Those are House navy/military crafts. GMG is civilian. As for Havoc, It might be civi, but still I'd say Ageira is a bit too far away for GMG. And they do have their own GMG developed bomber, and even independent civi eagle.

An try to be more "fighter/bomber" group than cap.ship one. It goes better with ur RP anyway. GMG is independent civilian faction, not a NAVY FLEET.
I love it how you actually read the background and know it so well, because you know short range fighters and bombers are perfect for exploring an entire system for several months. Absolutely perfect.

I don't mean to be rude I dislike ignorance when you attack my idea of having capital ships only because you didn't actually read the post. It's only going to be mainly Gunships so don't get all worried that we're going to zerg rush in battleships, I realize its stupid and hence why I'm limiting it. You'll be lucky to see two gunships and a couple fighters online at the same time.

As for the weapons and ships in general, due to the indecisive nature of the group I had to keep a lot of of options open, but because things have been slightly more organized I'll change it around a bit and tighten it up. As for the allowing of all weapons, the reason I went for such a thing was more in the style of "Damaged in duty, can't go back to replace the weapon so they take whatever is at hand and use it" style rather then "OOO SHINY!"

And can we stop going on about the Kusari navy not allowing GMG to use their ships? Have you actually noticed the GMG in Hoshu? They're flying around in Kusari fighters and freighters, with a couple civvies amongst them. But because they're making such a problem amongst everyone I'll remove them anyway because nobody currently flies it.

As for the battleship, I didn't realize the battlestar counts are a civvie battleship, i'll consider it.

EDIT:
Quote:correct me if im wrong...Gcorp stands for Goon Corp...just a hunch and not a flame
Bingo, Because I consider the tag a out of character thing we're using Gcorp simply because its fits better, you try and make a name out of LLJK. The best we could come up with was Limited liability joint konglomerate, which made us sound like merchant bankers or something. Which would of been a bit funny.

As for how we'll act, as I said in the reaction to friendlies etc in the initial post, we tried to avoid conflict unless it comes our way, then we'll deal with it in a violent manner.

' Wrote:I love it how you actually read the background and know it so well, because you know short range fighters and bombers are perfect for exploring an entire system for several months. Absolutely perfect.

I don't mean to be rude I dislike ignorance when you attack my idea of having capital ships only because you didn't actually read the post. It's only going to be mainly Gunships so don't get all worried that we're going to zerg rush in battleships, I realize its stupid and hence why I'm limiting it. You'll be lucky to see two gunships and a couple fighters online at the same time.

As for the weapons and ships in general, due to the indecisive nature of the group I had to keep a lot of of options open, but because things have been slightly more organized I'll change it around a bit and tighten it up. As for the allowing of all weapons, the reason I went for such a thing was more in the style of "Damaged in duty, can't go back to replace the weapon so they take whatever is at hand and use it" style rather then "OOO SHINY!"

And can we stop going on about the Kusari navy not allowing GMG to use their ships? Have you actually noticed the GMG in Hoshu? They're flying around in Kusari fighters and freighters, with a couple civvies amongst them. But because they're making such a problem amongst everyone I'll remove them anyway because nobody currently flies it.

As for the battleship, I didn't realize the battlestar counts are a civvie battleship, i'll consider it.

EDIT:

Bingo, Because I consider the tag a out of character thing we're using Gcorp simply because its fits better, you try and make a name out of LLJK. The best we could come up with was Limited liability joint konglomerate, which made us sound like merchant bankers or something. Which would of been a bit funny.

As for how we'll act, as I said in the reaction to friendlies etc in the initial post, we tried to avoid conflict unless it comes our way, then we'll deal with it in a violent manner.

Hey, GMG is allied to IMG, and BSG is IMG. I wouldn't mind u rushing in battle with 10 Battlestars. Was just trying to point out that GMG is not a NAVY. They shouldn't have combat fleet. For long range explorations, I suggest using IMG Battlecruiser Albatros. U wouldn't need bigger ship for exploration than that one, if ur only about RP reasons. And DO check ur "allowed ships" list. It's almost as long as "diplomatic" list of some factions...
Also, GMG is a rich and very well organised faction. So even their exploration units would be like that. I really see no RP reason for "rag-tag" looks (magical word is: logistics).

EDIT:
Independent players keep mostly rag-tag looks. I'd advise against it, simply cos of the fact you're a faction. Uniform appearance makes you look much more like a faction you're supposed to RP, than like a bunch of grouped up independents.
I'm just giving suggestions...U'r not obliged to even consider those...Your faction, your play, your decision. Best of luck and loads of fun with it.