Discovery Gaming Community
Gcorp rises from the ashes, a Faction Submission - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Gcorp rises from the ashes, a Faction Submission (/showthread.php?tid=5089)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Gcorp rises from the ashes, a Faction Submission - Falken - 12-22-2007

Given the amount of corsair gunboats floating in the sigma-13 system, I think it's called for with the capships.

Wouldn't mind some of those pirate guns either.

Gcorp rises from the ashes, a Faction Submission - mjolnir - 12-22-2007

' Wrote:Given the amount of corsair gunboats floating in the sigma-13 system, I think it's called for with the capships.

Wouldn't mind some of those pirate guns either.

1 bomber and 1 fighter and the GBs are dead.. if you bring caps you can easily loose them

Gcorp rises from the ashes, a Faction Submission - chopper - 12-22-2007

If suggestions are not welcome, you should say so.
Do not get insulted on every and each suggestion we make.
It is for the good of the community.
As Sbutt said, you are not obliged to even consider them.
You can always do as you wish.
But this is a faction proposal, not a final faction status (as i can see).
So, we are allowed to give suggestions, comments and critiques.
Mine is too many ships.
And lootable weapons.
That's simple.

Gcorp rises from the ashes, a Faction Submission - bluntpencil2001 - 12-22-2007

To everyone in general...

Why wouldn't the GMG have a navy of its own? Hell, RepEx has its own navy...

Anyway, it looks like this faction needs some more work with its RP...

Right now it looks like a YANF which is trying really hard to get what it wants by attaching itself, and its current equipment, to an unused faction. I'm not sure that you really want to be GMG, as opposed to running your own faction. Sorry...:(

Sure, Blunt, but if they are to be a navy, they are to have a strict ship list.
You can't have both.
Mainly capital ships (as navy) + whatever ships they like (like guild).
That just sounds silly to me, maybe i am the only one.
I don't have anything against them as navy.
But they are presenting themselves as Exploration faction, the faction that discovers new clouds for GMG.
That doesn't sound too military for me.

Gcorp rises from the ashes, a Faction Submission - StarButt - 12-22-2007

' Wrote:To everyone in general...

Right now it looks like a YANF which is trying really hard to get what it wants by attaching itself, and its current equipment, to an unused faction. I'm not sure that you really want to be GMG, as opposed to running your own faction. Sorry...:(

I believe Blunt just hit the spot....
Prove him wrong....

P.S. Two fighters can do more vs. corsair or any other gunboats, than most cap. ships can. No number of corsair gunboats can be excuse for cap. ship whoring.

@Blunt: Anyone can be a NAVY if they chose so. Even Synth Food. One can always think some kind of RP reason or excuse. But I like i said in post before: I don't believe GMG won the battle against RM through the use of fleet of capital ships. I'd like to see more "house" navies, and less independent, civi/pirate ones. But that's just me....

Gcorp rises from the ashes, a Faction Submission - KercKasha - 12-22-2007

' Wrote:To everyone in general...

We do have an RP reason for it, have you visited the Omicron systems? I'm sure you have. Everybody and their dog out there has a capital ship flying around, the reason Gcorp acts more like a navy rather then an exploration force is because everyone is getting in our damn way all the time, either we're being ransomed or some idiot is trying to blow us out of the sky. We simply cannot work without having a security force that is formidable and intimidating.

As for the ships and weapons, the thing is, it IS a guild, not a navy, it's security force IS ragtag. I will tighten up the ship list a bit but the weapons will remain, as will the capital ships selected(Except now the battlestar will be our battleship)

Gcorp rises from the ashes, a Faction Submission - bluntpencil2001 - 12-22-2007

' Wrote:We do have an RP reason for it, have you visited the Omicron systems? I'm sure you have. Everybody and their dog out there has a capital ship flying around, the reason Gcorp acts more like a navy rather then an exploration force is because everyone is getting in our damn way all the time, either we're being ransomed or some idiot is trying to blow us out of the sky. We simply cannot work without having a security force that is formidable and intimidating.

As for the ships and weapons, the thing is, it IS a guild, not a navy, it's security force IS ragtag. I will tighten up the ship list a bit but the weapons will remain, as will the capital ships selected(Except now the battlestar will be our battleship)

Why is a guild getting better guns than your average navy then? Ragtag? Yeah right.

Anyway... you don't need capital ships to take out capital ships. Use your Taiidan bombers.

Gcorp rises from the ashes, a Faction Submission - KercKasha - 12-22-2007

' Wrote:Why is a guild getting better guns than your average navy then? Ragtag? Yeah right.

Anyway... you don't need capital ships to take out capital ships. Use your Taiidan bombers.
Why are pirates and independent navy's that simply would never have the wallet of that of a house factions navy getting better guns then?

It seems to me that you are not trying to RP this, but simply doing "If they can do it we can do it!!!".
What's that?
Do you have to be the same like them?
And let's see where this goes.
-You are a GMG exploration faction, that can go anywhere they want.
-You are at the same moment not a Exploration force, but a navy.
-You are a guild, not a navy, but you have more capital ships then a navy.
-You can use as many capital ships as you like, because there are lots of people using them against you. If they are going to do it, you are going to do it.
-You want to use all the weapons you can get, just because you "can". (Technically this shouldn't be allowed).

So, in short lines, a Guild with great number of capital ships and best weaponry in Sirius, and it is a Exploration guild.
Right. I think i get it.
Now, i think you should really start considering people's suggestions.

Also.
Quote:All ships are allowed if some sort of Roleplay is put behind it(Up to the player)
Some sort of Roleplay is not enough i believe.
Please don't use all ships as well with the guns.
And don't use RP for an excuse.
Not liking it.

Maybe i'm a bit harsh, but hell, it is a first GMG faction there.
And you should have limitations in it.
You can't just make a faction saying "Everything is allowed if some sort of RP is put behind".
I appreciate your work, but you will really want to work that limitations out.
RP shouldn't be used to gain PVP advantage.
Everyone should know that.
I hope i helped.