Discovery Gaming Community
The Lane Hackers | Diplomatic Channel - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: The Lane Hackers | Diplomatic Channel (/showthread.php?tid=5091)

RE: The Lane Hackers | Diplomatic Channel - Yoshida - 04-03-2016

...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Provocateur.Goro.Yoshida.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: aYeyeyU.png][Image: GrsS6Am.png]

Hello Mr Sunny, I hope you are still leading a happy and meaningful life.

We have received your request however I will have to refuse it. Any information surrounding the hardware, mechanics, physics and software of trade lanes or jump gates is highly classified and it cannot be exchanged for anything and with anyone. This faction policy exists since our foundation and we strictly follow it if we are to remain the sole infiltrators of the trade lane network and benefit from all the associated advantages.

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...

RE: The Lane Hackers | Diplomatic Channel - The Archangels Fighter Club - 05-16-2016

[Image: l3P7UWY.gif]

TO: YOSHIDA

Good Afternoon,

I understand your viewpoint on the matter and we are not requesting all the mechanics and details on the trade lanes.

How about this proposition:
We tell you what we want to make happen and perhaps you can make the system for it to work without giving anything details away?

I understand that it is possible to make a deal to have the product closed and not be able to be researched.
Could we make some kind of arrangement?

Cheers,

RE: The Lane Hackers | Diplomatic Channel - Yoshida - 05-16-2016

...uploading.data...

Admittedly I didn't expect another message about this matter, I thought it had been put at rest.

Monitoring and extracting information from the network is one thing, but hacking it lies on a completely different level. That is because it is a very time consuming and difficult task, the other reason is because we don't want the network operators (House governments, Ageira and Interspace) to dedicate even more resources on their cyber defences making our job even more difficult.

But first I need to hear what exactly you wish to be done. I am sure you realize that this level of service is not coming cheap so I hope this is not all about a racing event.

RE: The Lane Hackers | Diplomatic Channel - nOmnomnOm - 05-16-2016

Greetings,

You hurt me, Yoshida.
You think everything I do or ask is to do with racing?
I cannot help if that is the club's pastime.

Anyway, no, it is not about racing. We wouldn't be using this technology for this purpose as it doesn't fit the racing demands.

If you are willing to speak to someone other than me, I will link you over to the guy placed in charge of the project in question.

Cheers,

RE: The Lane Hackers | Diplomatic Channel - Devastator - 05-17-2016

[Image: x9g5V9L.gif]

TO: Yoshida of the Lane Hackers

Kon'nichiwa friend,

My name is Hyun Shik. Sunny told me that I am to explain exactly what we want from you. I have taken the liberty to study up on what little is known to the public about lane technology. So I know that the lanes compress the space between two set points. My hope is to make a ship that makes the most of this thechnology. To be blunt I would like to create what I have started to call the Lane Bubble. In essense it attaches a similar efect from the lanes to a single ship. Now I understand that this is a massive undertaking and not cheap in the slightest. But I honestly believe that it can be done. Money is no issue as Sunny likes to say and I would like to invite you to come see what we have developed so far. Here is a glimps of what we are doing.
Sayōnara

RE: The Lane Hackers | Diplomatic Channel - Yoshida - 05-22-2016

...uploading.data...

Mr Sunny and Hyun Shik.

I am led to believe that you are not aware of how trade lanes work. Trade lanes are not engines, they do not make your ship move faster. Instead they bend space and time in order to bring two points in space closer to each other. In reality, your ship is moving with impulse speed, I am sure you have noticed that your cruise engines are not even active while using the trade lanes.

Subsequently, trade lanes are stationary objects, and there is no reason for them to be attached on a ship. I hope I have explained some basic physics in an understanding manner.

RE: The Lane Hackers | Diplomatic Channel - Devastator - 05-25-2016

TO: Yoshida of the Lane Hackers

Kon'nichiwa friend,

Yes I was already aware of the basics of tradelanes. I know they bend space... or more like compress it so you travel over more ground at the same speed. I want to make this mobile so you can use it in outer rim systems where tradelane are scarce. That is why we have enlisted your help as tradelane parts that can be studied are hard to come by and it would take me years to figure out how to manipulate the systems once I could study them, I thought it best to go to someone with knowledge of it. money isn't a problem if that is the issue. I am humbly asking that you at least consider the possibility of it working. I am specifically asking for you to design a system that could create the tradelane effect for one specific ship let me worry about powerconsumption and ship design I only need the system. And as Sunny said I am sure you can put countermeasures in place to keep prying eyes away from it.
I hope to hear from you soon.

Sayōnara

RE: The Lane Hackers | Diplomatic Channel - Maxwell Tarn - 05-25-2016

...Interruptor.Maxwell.Tarn.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: TTGspxs.png][Image: 4Ud7VYL.png]

Hello there.

What I believe Provocateur Yoshida has failed to explain is the enormity of the undertaking you are asking to begin. Allow me to attempt to explain Trade Lane technology in greater detail, so that your curiosity may be tempered by the chilling effect of rationality.

As the Provocateur explained, stationary Trade Lanes fold space/time in order to shorten the travel time between two areas of space by effectively shortening the actual distance between those two places. This can seem effortless and simple as one passes through a Trade Lane, especially because the advanced technology required for their construction is now ubiquitous throughout the Houses of Sirius. This is not the case. In fact, the Trade Lanes are based on a level of technology far beyond the comprehension of the majority.

However, I believe that the source of your confusion comes from the idea of warped space-time in and of itself rather than the technological hurdles involved in producing Trade Lanes. You see, the Trade Lane network is successful in part because the technology is easily applied in the manner that it currently is, but difficult or nigh-impossible to apply in other directions. The proprietary space-time manipulation projectors that create the field which a ship travels through must be placed around the outside of the field in order to bend space-time into the proper shape. Without a ring of projectors encircling the field the effect cannot be properly contained and the technology runs into unforeseen complications which I am not at the liberty to detail.

If, as your ship design shows, the projectors are affixed to the outside of the ship facing in, they would not have the effect you desire. The field is, after all, only manipulating the area within the Trade Lane rings. If those rings were moved, the field would move but the rings could still only be moved at standard impulse speed as they themselves are not within the field's effect. A ship as you have proposed would still only travel at impulse speed due to this complication. Objects within the ship would move at a rapid rate between the two points, and there may be unusual interactions between the field and the hull due to the fact that the connecting struts traverse the region of bent space-time.

To summarize this explanation; Trade Lanes are built the way they are because the containment of the space-time manipulation field is of the utmost importance to the field's stability. The containment mechanism (the Trade Lane Ring) must therefore be on the outside of the field and, as a result, cannot be moved faster than impulse speed. Overall, you may wish to return to the drawing board and attempt to target another means of propulsion. I have heard that artificial wormhole travel is a fruitful area of research in that regard.

We hope you find this explanation satisfactory.

Regards,
Maxwell Tarn

RE: The Lane Hackers | Diplomatic Channel - The Archangels Fighter Club - 05-25-2016

Greetings,

I have been following up on this discussion and it strikes me that there is a misunderstanding in the idea behind this concept.
The idea is to make a sort of bubble in which the fabric of space can form in and not by the use of stationary tradelanes.
Why would you need to place tradelanes when you could take them with you on your ship? That is the idea.

So no, we do not thing tradelanes are engines. They are rather as you say what makes the ship move through it faster.

[Image: Seqhe5S.jpg?2]
[Image: TDiQ2Sm.jpg?2]

From these snippets of leaked to the public research done on the subject, it is already something scientists have been discussing that is possible.
We are not looking for anything drastically new such as turning as well. It is still going in a straight line forwards but 'taking the trade lanes with it' as a conceptual idea.
It is an idea founded on the principles of special relativity using trade lane technology as a means to the final product.

[Image: XKswITx.jpg?1]

Cheers,

RE: The Lane Hackers | Diplomatic Channel - Devastator - 05-26-2016

TO: Lane Hackers

Kon'nichiwa friend,

Hello Maxwell,
I was well aware of the depth of this project when I started it a year ago. I have hit a dead end as I desperately need the technology to advance any further in our tests all of which we would be willing to share with you with out any compensation. I appreciate your willingness to further explain the finer details of trade lanes. I understand that what we are asking of you is immense. But I believe with enough time and money it could be accomplished even if you could only get half or a quarter of the efficiency of the way trade lanes work now it would be an improvement. I agree that if the the emitters are on the outside of the field it will not work so you would some how have to reverse the polarity of the emitters so they would pull space instead of pushed it. If this could be done it would be the discovery of the century. comparable to when cold fusion was discovered and replicated. I very much appreciate the attention you all have given this as I have dedicated a great portion of my time and resources to this project. I would like to ask that you discard your cares about how much it will cost as the AFC Speed Wing will cover all expenses; and focus sole one the possibility and feasibility of undertaking such an endeavor. Even if the project ends up scrubbing I will still attempt to complete it. As a wise man once told me nothing ventured nothing gained. I humbly ask that you join me on this journey to create a better tomorrow for us all enjoy.

Sayōnara