Discovery Gaming Community
The Lane Hackers | Diplomatic Channel - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: The Lane Hackers | Diplomatic Channel (/showthread.php?tid=5091)

RE: The Lane Hackers | Diplomatic Channel - The Syndicate Leagues - 05-19-2019

Incoming Transmission...
Decrypting User ID...
Displaying Message...

---------------Welcome, Arbeiter ---------------

[Image: GfQwEPd.gif]
Arbeitsdirektor Corin Frei

Incoming Transmission
[Image: t4wyEVc.png]
Unionised Peoples of Syndicalist Advocacy

To: The Lane Hackers.
From: Arbeitsdirektor Corin Frei, on behalf of the Free Peoples of Bering.
Subject: Auxesian Shenanigans.

Unpacking videofile...
Scanning for malware...
Linking attachments...
Video play...

[Image: SnR8Sdw.gif]

An older, passibly disheviled man is on the screen. Corin Frei, elected arbeitsdirektor of the Unioners, leans over the functional roundtable. He seems to be discussing the subject of the transmission with unseen others out of the camera's field of view. You suspect that they're deliberately kept out of the eyes of strangers. Corin turns, then snaps off a Unioner salute - fist to breastbone. He flattens his hand and gives the standard international naval salute, forhead high, smiling to himself. It's a show of respect from a civilian who doesn't consider himself to have the slightest of martial pretensions.

"Mister Weisen, or anybody else who is on the line."

"This will interest you."

"The Auxesians have a Hel cruiser - or, rather, they did. It's now scattered over the Tanner belt being used to rebuild other hel cruisers. I'm sure you've already heard about the recent strike. We don't know if they have any more, but since the primary attribute of the Hel is ease-of-maintainence, we can assume they're aware of the scalar nature of fleet logistics."

"Fortunately, our force mobilisation towards Kansas happened simultaneously with the Auxesian attack, so we had the resources in place to rapidly respond. They appear to be co-coordinating with the Liberty Navy, possibly also the LSF, as they engaged in a simultaneous attack with several Liberty Navy dreadnaughts at Freeport Two and Pacifica at the same time. Unluckily for them, they ran into a cruiser, bomber, and gunboat pack bound for Kansas. We knew the territory - they didn't. "
"There are only three ways to get a Hel. One is through us. Obviously you can write that theory off. The other way is through the Hessians. The third is to dredge one from the middle Omegas with Hessian approval, from a Hessian naval reserve. They'd still need maintenance documentation, which would also require Hessian consent."

"We believe this is compelling evidence that the Auxesians are working with the Hessians, on Hessian payroll. It would explain why they attacked us. It's up to the Hackers what you choose to do with this intel."

[Image: 0xckGjP.png?1]
[Image: mxQp1AD.png?2]

You cannot cut off the tongue, of a man who speaks through his acts.
C.Frei.
Comrade Arbeiter of the Cologne system.

Transmission Complete

[Image: VGHyq0s.gif?1]
Scrambling access point...
Decompiling neuratrace...

Signal lost.

RE: The Lane Hackers | Diplomatic Channel - Wolfgang Weisen - 05-19-2019

...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Emissary.Wolfgang.Weisen.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: CygGpT5.png][Image: 4.png]
[Image: 109.png][Image: 94.png][Image: 95.png][Image: 100.png]

We will inquire into the subject of Hel cruisers, though keep in mind there are already several designs being produced in Rheinland's blackmarket such as the Sichel.

However we are far more interested in evidence of Auxesian cooperation with the primary forces of Liberty Navy and Intelligence Agency. If you have more to share, please do.

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...

RE: The Lane Hackers | Diplomatic Channel - The Syndicate Leagues - 05-20-2019

Incoming Transmission...
Decrypting User ID...
Displaying Message...

Incoming Transmission

Subject: Auxesian Shenanigans.

Unpacking videofile...
Scanning for malware...
Linking attachments...
Video play...

An older, passibly disheviled man is on the screen. Corin Frei, elected arbeitsdirektor of the Unioners, leans over the functional roundtable. He seems to be discussing the subject of the transmission with unseen others out of the camera's field of view. You suspect that they're deliberately kept out of the eyes of strangers. Corin turns, then snaps off a Unioner salute - fist to breastbone. He flattens his hand and gives the standard international naval salute, forhead high, smiling to himself. It's a show of respect from a civilian who doesn't consider himself to have the slightest of martial pretensions.

"Certainly. Logs are spread out between multiple men in multiple different squadrons. We're collating the intel as we speak."

C.Frei.

Transmission Complete

Signal lost.

RE: The Lane Hackers | Diplomatic Channel - Wolfgang Weisen - 05-24-2019

...uploading.data...

Guten Tag again Arbeiter Frei.

We have been in contact with the Xeno Alliance. After years of being exploited, used and ripped off by the Legion, they have decided to have their revenge by striking deep into the beast's heart. I am sure you understand the unique opportunity this development presents as this was the last and only ally our enemy had.

The Lane Hackers urge the Unioners to work together with the Xenos during the Kansas offensive. And rest assured that once the mutual enemy is defeated you will have no obligation to coexist with this entity anymore.

RE: The Lane Hackers | Diplomatic Channel - The Syndicate Leagues - 05-24-2019

Incoming Transmission...
Decrypting User ID...
Displaying Message...

Incoming Transmission

Subject: The enemy of my enemy is not my friend. Seriously, who thinks that?

Unpacking videofile...
Scanning for malware...
Linking attachments...
Video play...

He chews his moustache.

"Tempting. I thought you might have been the catalyst for this sea-change."

"It's shocking until it isn't. The Xenos are opportunistic - they have to be - they have many enemies and few resources. The Legion was a source of resources - politically they've drifted away from them. And if there's one thing that a Xeno is prepared to die for, it's politics. Whilst the Legion remains brick-tight enough to fit with their views, the Commonwealth is not, and it is very much the case that the Legion is subordinate to the civilian population in recent years. "

"The Xenos will turn on us as soon as we have completed our shared objectives. No matter what we mutually agree, the Xenos will want to push us out whilst our feet are still barely rooted in the silt of Wichita. They will turn on us rapidly. The world order of the Libertonian underworld will rapidly evolve, and both the Unioners and the Xenos - who both trade in arms and artifacts, will be occupying the same functional space. There will be violence."

"Instead of betting on the Xenos - who will want to kill us, and still likely do - I would be betting upon who you would prefer to work with in this hypothetical new world. You're fond of the Unioners. You're certainly not fond of me, there's been enough skeletons buried in our mutual suspicion. An honest drunk, and the teetotal deceiver. We make for quite the buddy comedy. "

"We'll see. It will be useful if the Xenos stay out of the same fields of engagement. Xenos detest us and Unioners are conditioned to shoot at them. Functionally it would be better to keep our forces stratified - inform only those who need to know about the arrangement. The Unioners are encouraged to disobey commands if they disagree with them enough, without sanction. "

"Sometime, you and I should talk about the shape of Kansas after this conflict. The shape of Texas, too. There is a long, power vacuum between Kansas and the Tanner belt. It would become our throat. Throats are vulnerable, but they are familiar."

"I have some information for you."

"Dwitty's Rogues are moving key overbosses down to Beringia. We're planning to accomodate them aboard Pacifica actual. There's certainly the space for them. Hudson is becoming increasingly lucrative and tempting to squeeze. The eastern independents worlds are becoming a front. A united one."

"I hope that reality colour your thinking in regards to Kansas, and the struggles of the now."

"Proust."

C.Frei.

Transmission Complete

Signal lost.

RE: The Lane Hackers | Diplomatic Channel - Wolfgang Weisen - 05-30-2019

...uploading.data...

Guten Tag again Arbeiter Frei.

It's good to hear that you have no illusions of what will happen in regards to the Xenos once the Legion is out of the way. Yet practicality demands that we work with them during this invasion.

We were informed that they approached you. How are the talks going so far?

RE: The Lane Hackers | Diplomatic Channel - Jaina Wheeler - 06-16-2019

[Image: Z8FN0LT.png]
Incoming Transmission

[Image: SqZvYhk.png]
User ID: Jaina Wheeler
Recipient: Lane Hackers
Subject: Introductions, Scanners, Business offer

Good day!

we have gotten this channels information from the Separatist commanders that work with us at Bristol.

My name is Jaina Wheeler and I run most of the day to day business and am a cargo hauler for them too.

I believe it is thanks to your people that they managed to stay alive and not get taken out by the Navy? For that you have my thanks too.

As we're taking over the operations at Bristol, we would like to get in touch with you as well. Our doors will stay open for you and we are interested in keeping up trade agreements that you made with the Battlegroup. We're currently attempting to get a small salvaging operation going to restock our supplies which I believe were sold to you on some occasions.

The dense fields and vast distances we got to travel made me wish for better visibility many times. And while talking to the team and our Separatist advisors they suggested to contact you. Is it true that you have better systems available than the ones we can buy on the open market?

I hope to hear from you soon and if you are interested in working together with us please let me know.

Good bye!

Transmission Ends

RE: The Lane Hackers | Diplomatic Channel - Maria Freudenstein - 06-17-2019

...Operative.Maria.Freudenstein.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: fuaLRNw.png][Image: 2.png]

Buonasera Jaina Wheeler,

the Professors have asked me to discuss your current needs and position, and explore the business potentials in this venture.

We can arrange a meeting, or if you prefer dealing directly within the neural net, feel free to reply, here, outlining the specifics you are enquiring about. You are however correct in assuming we do have better systems and are willing to provide if the return is of sufficient use to us.

Either way we are interested in exactly who, "that work with us at Bristol", the us are.

Arrivederci
Maria Freudenstein

RE: The Lane Hackers | Diplomatic Channel - Maria Freudenstein - 06-23-2019

...Operative.Maria.Freudenstein.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: fuaLRNw.png][Image: 2.png]

Code for Recipient: Jaina Wheeler

Buonasera Jaina Wheeler,

As an initial business venture, subsequent to our in-space meeting, please see below the proposal and any conditions we have attached to it.

Lane Hackers to supply one Spyglass Scanner for mounting on a B|- (Bristol Constructions) tagged vessel, You will need to supply the ship name for our records.

In return, permanent access for LH~ vessels to Bristol Depot with access to storage capacity of 10 000 units. We will supply Counterfeit Software into this storage space and keep topped up. As for the buying/selling price, we note that the item can currently be sold in Bering for $3200. If bought at this price it still offers a good profit to surrounding systems as this is a new sell point, for example the short hop to New Berlin would net nearly 7 million in a top of the fleet transport.

Of course it would go without saying that a trade partner would be exempt from any Lane Hacker "tax" if we encountered you in space.

Arrivederci
Maria Freudenstein

RE: The Lane Hackers | Diplomatic Channel - Reeves - 10-24-2019

[Image: GeD7MLP.png]
COMM-ID: Ryan Walthers
TARGET-ID: Lane Hackers

INITIALIZING MESSAGE

Hello,

I'm sure you remember me. When we last spoke I was going about the process of requisitioning some of your hardware. Whether fortunate or not things have changed quite significantly since then. The National Council is defunct and I haven't heard from my superior for an extended period of time. The nature of things on Malta, being adapt or die, motivated me to do the former.

I've found myself absorbed into a relatively new company of sorts with distinct Outcast origins. More specifically the Loyola group. So with that bit of context out of the way, I can tell you that this is a business offer. The company itself offers mercenary oriented services in addition to others. The distinct difference is our firm inclination to the underworld. Rather than risk sounding pretentious, may I propose that we start with relatively small-scale operations? I'm sure there are loose ends in need of tying, or strangulation, as the case may be. And we're happy to offer our services in such a regard on a contractual basis.

I've been appointed to see this agreement through. So I will facilitate any discussion and clarification necessary for that purpose. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Ryan Walthers

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED