Discovery Gaming Community
Yet another bid for peace.. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Yet another bid for peace.. (/showthread.php?tid=50956)

Yet another bid for peace.. - Skyelius - 12-04-2010

I greet the guests of the Zoner people in the station and its owners alike. My name is of no consequence in this matter. From the beginning of my blood oath as a son of Crete I wished to be known as Skyelius, and that alone.

I represent The Brotherhood in this matter. I'm not bidding to bring an end to the differences between the Neo-ZTC, who have ironically named themselves "the Omicroners" and The Corsair Nation. My wish for peace in the Omicron cluster has been in my heart forever. I can't say the same about the rest of Sirius, but as a Corsair of Hispania, our land is under my watch, and it's our responsibility, the responsibility of all Hispanians, including the Outcasts of Hispania, to decide its fate.

You Zoners were our guests since our first encounter. We found a way to coexist and for our existences to be fruitful to one another, or at least not threatening. As a Nation haunted by the very basic need to survive, we have taken difficult decisions, but The Brotherhood is an institution held together only by the core values that we are supposed to defend with our lives: Honor, Dignity and Pride. Adding our top-notch weapons systems to the equation, we are a force that casts fear in the minds of our enemies. If you Zoners were indeed our enemies, you would be crushed with no hesitation. Call us cannibals, call us senseless warmongers, call us reckless pirate scum. None of us care. The fact is, you Zoners are not our enemies.

The Council of Corsair Elders and the Council of Zoners are at neutral terms, as they should be. The Council of Corsair Elders includes all three groups that have been entrusted with Crete's fate. The Council of Zoners, to my understanding, includes the astute minds that have kept Zoner traditions since your foundations. If you are trying to generalize the fact that the Corsairs as a nation no longer recognize the Neo-Zoner Trading Consortium's watch over your floating home and twist it into a statement that suggests that my people are waging war on you Zoners as a whole, you won't live long enough to see your ambitions give their fruit. We have responded to the Neo-ZTC's desire to re-balance the power in the Edge Worlds as they see fit, and that alone.

Interdicting in affairs that traditional Zoners would not look twice into, some of these people have made many of you Zoners pay the price of blood.. for their vision. Your fabled station has sheltered killers and explorers alike. We don't wish to change that. We wish to improve our way of life. Your wish is to maintain it. Although it would be acceptable to trade in your lives for the lives that your food and resources will save in our home, we have not found it convenient to jeopardize the long-term benefits that our relationship can bring to the both of us. The real reason for that is your well-known mantle of neutrality. You have struggled to maintain your standing with the safe, regulated residents of Sirius, but these individuals that dare to call themselves "Omicroners" have threatened that way of life with their harsh decisions, their arrogant attitude, and their cruel treatment of the wanderers they encounter trespassing into what they've labeled as "their private property", which have existed for nearly 20 years. This Neo-Consortium of Zone Defenders has only been here for how long? Not even a year, I'm sure. Still, none of us care about the secrets that Omicron-74 may hold. We have our own share of treasures gathered over the course of 700 years, and we plan to exist for 7,000 more. That is our vision.

We spill our share of blood where we see fit, but our reasons and our places for doing so have reasons behind them. The Brotherhood does not have a valid reason to destroy you Zoners of Freeport 9, as long as Freeport 9 is not an exclusive property of our enemies. If the Neo-ZTC continues to be our enemy, Freeport 9 will still be safe..

..but if the Neo-ZTC increase their power and influence beyond what it is now, and if it becomes one with your beloved home, and if it wishes to still be an enemy of my Nation after our final bid for peace..

..Freeport 9 will be wiped out by the real Omicroners. And there is no force in heaven or the heavens beyond that will stop us.

But we don't wish for that to happen. I mentioned three conditions for that frightful image to become reality, and if one of those three is not met, we will not lay a finger on what is your property, and your home amongst our land. As to the self-proclaimed Omicroners' power, that is yours to handle. If they attain complete control even over the trivial Zoner wanderer in Freeport 9, we can do nothing about it. The only condition we can act on is the condition that we have the power to change, and we will take the necessary steps to try.

For this condition and the fact that the Neo-ZTC or Omicroners are our enemy, the Corsair Nation will send a small patrol wing to Freeport 9. Our weapons systems will be offline. If the Neo-ZTC shoots at us, we will do nothing. If the Neo-ZTC destroys one of our ships, we will fall back to our home. However, if those emissaries are gone, the Neo-ZTC will forever be our enemy. If the other conditions become truth after that, my description of your Freeport's fate earlier will become a cruel reality, and it will no longer be within our power to change that.

I'll make it clearer for those that were not blessed with enough intelligence by whoever made you. We'll send an unarmed flight as yet another bid for peace. We will not go in a violent spirit, and we will brave any hostility that we encounter with an innocent heart. If these Omicroners abuse that, I leave the consequences to your imagination.

In case I forgot to introduce myself beforehand, I am Tribune Brother Skyelius of The Corsair Brotherhood. I apologize for causing everyone in the station to hear this transmission, but I believe it will serve a great purpose.

Sky out.