Discovery Gaming Community
L. O. K. I. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: L. O. K. I. (/showthread.php?tid=514)

Pages: 1 2

L. O. K. I. - L. O. K. I. - 01-08-2006

A L O N E I N T H E D A R K

Power: On
Power system: 80% Efficiency
Organic Tissue: Unscathed
Artificial Intelligence: Active
Emotion synthesizer : Engaged
Motor functions: 97% efficiency
Star-date: Unknown
System Analysis Complete

System engaged successfully

Code: L. O. K. I._

Awake, finally... Awake.

Star-date: 3289-07-01
Captains log, BoWEx Large Transport: Iota 1-4
Transporting: 500x Consumer Goods, 1100x Food Rations

Begin log:

We are on course on time and, so far, safe. We picked up some strange reading a while back, it could have just been debris bouncing off the shield.

Shield Failure

Humm, this isn't good. This debris packs a wallop. Activate shield batteries.

Shield restored

There go those readings again. This time it is on the close range scanners. Hey, Orion go check this out, there must be something wrong with the scanner.

5 minutes later..

Oh welcome back Orion, did you find the problem?
Just a minor glitch.
Wa...Wait... You're not Orion! No! Wait, Please! DONT! NO! {slam}

- - Log Ended - -

Incoming Transmission: Freeport 9

Bowex Transport Iota 1-4, this is Freeport 9. We have you on long range scanners. Is there a problem? You seem to have stopped dea-

-Transmission Hijacked-

Civilian Trader, drop your cargo or be destroyed. You have something we need.

-Transmission Restored-

-ota 1-4. Do you copy?

The intruder still attempting to decode the ships navigation systems, kills the transmission.

On Freeport 9:

Ensign- "Sir, we've lost contact with the Bowex Vessel."

Lieutenant Commander- "Send Gamma Wing to check it out."

Ensign- "Aye, sir! Gamma Wing, this is transmission control. You are to head to the Omega-41 Jump Hole immediately. We have lost contact with a transport in that area. Make sure it makes it here safely."

Gamma Leader- "Roger, changing course."

Back at Bowex Transport:

Gamma Leader- "Unknown Vessel, you are to leave the area immediately."

Unknown Vessel- "After taking what's rightfully ours."

Gamma Leader- "Gamma Wing, destroy the unknown vessel."

The Unknown Vessel released two Sunslayer class torpedoes, destroying the transport. It spun around, tractoring in the salvageable items, including the escape pod, before quickly activating its cruise engines.

Gamma Leader- "Fire a cruise disruptor!"

Gamma Two- "Sir, we're a bomber wing. We don't have any."

Gamma Leader- "God d**nit! It got away! .....Nice job ladies..... This is going on our permanent records... {sigh}"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later at DarkStar's Cruiser....

"DarkStar, we've brought you a present."

[DarkStar, we can use a post. The rest of you, not yet.]

This post has been read, edited, mostly composed, and accepted by Virus.

L. O. K. I. - Kane - 01-08-2006

DarkStars ship floated in the black, hidden and for good reason. It was not uncommon for ships to have equipment failures, like engine malfunctions or the food storage units break. Alone, these were easy to deal with. When you got them together, you had a problem.
"I'm sorry sir, the Captian isn't on the bridge at the moment. I'll call him up in a moment sir, hang on."
The ensign walked over to the a panel and pressed a button. "Captian, your needed on the bridge."
"DAMNIT ENSIGN!!!! If it's something small I swear to every god there was, are, and will be, I will kill you!"
The ensign jumped back from the intercom as if it had come to life itself and barked at him.
It wasn't long before the door hissed open, and DarkStars voic could be heard. "Now, what's this burning emergancy that needs my attention?"
"There's someone on the comm..."
"THE COMM!?!? YOU CALLED ME UP BECAUSE SOMEONES PINGING US!?!? Didn't I say that you were to give them... Oh. Hello Virus."
DarkStar appeared on the comm, about to beat the living daylights out of the ensign, when he saw who was waiting.
"He said he had a present for you, sir." The ensign cowered, on the other side of the bridge.
"Thank you ensign. So, we finaly figured out what went wrong... Some idiot snuck abord our ship at Crete, trying to sabotoge our engines. He managed to get one of the access pannels off before we lifted and turned him into a carbonised film on our cowls. The engines esentially burnt through that part, and so they don't work anymore. That, we can replace. It's the coolent valves in our 'fridges that we can't. Those just got rusted stuck, and now our foods going bad. Once we get the engines back online we can fix that problem though.
"So, what did you bring us this time?"

[Glad you decided to join in]

L. O. K. I. - Virus - 01-08-2006

"Well, we happen to have a cargo bay full of Food Rations at the moment. And one escape pod." Virus paused a moment, "We thought you might want them."

The fighter flew in front of the bridge and hung there, as if the pilot were attempting to look inside at the people moving about.

Meanwhile in the cargo hold.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scanning area for avaliable exits

60 Degrees to the left, and 13 yards ahead.

Cargo ramp,

L. O. K. I. - Kane - 01-09-2006

"That is much a preciated. As always, you're cleared to dock. I'll light it in a moment."
A chain of lights started moving inside the ship, beconing Virus to enter the docking bay on the cruiser.
"And an escape pod you said? Hmm... wonder who that could be. We'll pop it after we get everything else.. We've almost got the engines fixed, so we'll be able to head to Freeport 9 and get the fridges fixed there.
"I trust that nothing of real interest happened?"

L. O. K. I. - Virus - 01-09-2006

The fighter slowly moved along side the cruiser towards the cavernous docking bay. "Nothing of real importance. Just don't let the people on Freeport 9 see our fighter. They.... Won't enjoy that." The fighter landed, and Virus got out and headed for the bridge, doors opening ahead of him and closing behind him.

L. O. K. I. - Virus - 01-12-2006

[Maybe....... Its someone elses turn to post..... COME ON. I can think of things both of you can do.]

L. O. K. I. - Kane - 01-12-2006

[Blast it... I had thought my browser posted it when I said "post." Apparently not.]

DarkStar greated Virus as he came abord. "I'm starting to wonder if you're a god-send from the Masters. Your timeing is as uncanny as it is helpful." He grinned and shook Virus' hand. "Welcome back, by the way. Get those rations to the lockers! And no sneaking them for yourselfs!" The last part was directed to the crew-members behind him.
"If you would, Virus, you and I can take the life pod directly to the brig. We can pop it there and see just who we picked up."

L. O. K. I. - Virus - 01-12-2006

[Ah..... I was wondering what was taking so long.... Your usually so on point.]

"Sounds like a plan." Virus made a motion for DarkStar to lead, "The strange thing is, there usually is at least two people on a transport, but in our scans, there was only one living person in the escape pod. Unless one was not in the cockpit, they both should have ejected." Virus paused a moment, "What do you think?"