Discovery Gaming Community
Bug at activating Discovery - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Bug at activating Discovery (/showthread.php?tid=5165)

Pages: 1 2

Bug at activating Discovery - Britonix - 12-26-2007

Hi,

I just got a new computer and I installed Freelancer on it to play Discovery. Freelancer works but I'm not able to activate the mod. Here is the error message:

Quote:Error: FLMM has determined that 'Discovery Mod v4.84' won't properly activate.
Error: Unable to find section '[Costume]'(...) in 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\data\characters\costumes.ini'

I also tried with some other mods. The "Nomade Battleship" mod doesn't work and the error seems to be the same:

Quote:Error: FLMM has determined that 'Nomad Battleship mod' won't properly activate.
Error: Unable to find section '[Ship]'(...) in 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\data\ships\shiparch.ini'

The speed mod works, so I guess there is a problem with my Freelancer version... I tried to reinstall it twice, nothing changed.

I would really appreciate if you could help me fixing it.

I also want to know if there is a way to get my last account, because I don't want to lose my Zoner's Battleship...

Bug at activating Discovery - Razr - 12-26-2007

This probably comes from the fact you change mods by hitting "deactivate" on the one you have on currently, then turning on another one. This has actually been proven to mess FLMM up pretty badly. To fix it, you'll have to reinstall both freelancer and FLMM. Also from now on when you deactivate a mod go to tools and hit "restore backups" to turn a mod off before activating another one.

Bug at activating Discovery - Britonix - 12-26-2007

Well... I first thought it could be the problem but as I said I reinstalled Freelancer twice (as I did with FLMM), but it's still bugged.

Bug at activating Discovery - Juan_Arquero - 12-26-2007

REinstalling Freelancer won't get rid of the problem, because the REinstallation process doesn't get rid of all the old Freelancer files.

You have to UNinstall Freelancer, then manually delete any remaining traces of Freelancer, such as remaining folders and files. Then you can do a fresh install of Freelancer and FLMM 1.31 (don't use the newer versions).

Note that there is some disagreement on whether to "deactivate" mods or "restore backups." I've never had any problem using "deactivate" to go between Discovery 4.82-4.84 and vanilla Freelancer. I suspect that those who've had problems used other mods in addition to Discovery.

Bug at activating Discovery - ivr56 - 12-26-2007

i had this problem
Select tools and select restore backups then try again to activate it.
It fixed my probelm

Bug at activating Discovery - NoShieldBatsorNanobotsforNPCS - 12-26-2007

You need to "restore back ups" instead of deactivating the mod.
If you didn't do this, delete the Mod Manager Directory as well as the Freelancer one.
Do a complete reinstall, download MM again and redownload Discovery.
Activate DM with the MM and you should be set.

Bug at activating Discovery - Britonix - 12-27-2007

I uninstalled Freelancer then I installed it.
I uninstalled FLMM with all the mods then I installed it (FLMM 1.31) and I added Discovery 4.84.
But it doesn't work, i have the same problem:

Quote:Error: FLMM has determined that 'Discovery Mod v4.84' won't properly activate.
Error: Unable to find section '[Object]'(...) in 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\data\universe\systems\intro\intro.ini'

EDIT: I don't know what happened, but it just worked... I didn't change anything (well... I don't think so), I tried once again and FLMM activated Discovery.

Thanks for your help. :)

Oh... but I'm not able to find Discovery RP server, I think it's actually down, right?

Bug at activating Discovery - Klaw117 - 12-27-2007

If you go to My Computer, then Local Disk, Program Files, Freelancer Mod Manager, mods, and then Discovery484, you should find a program called Discovery Freelancer RP. When you open the program and then click on multiplayer, you should find the RP server on the list.

Bug at activating Discovery - kingvaillant - 12-27-2007

You may have problem seeing the Server. The Server computer is having some problem and it is causing the server to be extremely unstable.

So be patient buddy the server will be fixed soon, just watch the server anouncement tread

Bug at activating Discovery - Britonix - 12-27-2007

Ok, thanks.

I still have a question: Is there a way to get my old computer's account on my new one? I would really appreciate to get my Zoner Battleship back...