Discovery Gaming Community
the BHG revisions .... - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Media Center (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: the BHG revisions .... (/showthread.php?tid=51940)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

the BHG revisions .... - Jinx - 12-22-2010

this is just a list of the BHG capital ship revisions ... that you won t get in 4.86 due to being too late. ( which means that they might be included with a mini-auto-update )

[Image: Orca.png]
the Orca
- based on the bottlenose - but considerably more massive - which should justify more power and more guns

[Image: BHGbattlecruiser.png]
the Battlecruiser "Bullhead"

- currently more a battle-liner ... so this concept ( which is rather old and was already shown plenty of times ) takes the thresher frame and adds mass to it ( just like the bottlenose / orca revision )
- it follows the BHG lines rather tightly

[Image: BHGbattleshipmk2.png]
the BHG battleship "mako"

- in contrast to the current mako - this one evolves more from the battlecruiser
- a heavy "head" and a rather aggressive look ... but at the same time not rounded like the current mako
- it features large antennas, cause its meant to also function as a fleet carrier for long range purposes

edit:

updated it with an old model that was once made as a kind of "wreck" ( orbital object )

[Image: BHGmk3.png]
- this one was made to look like a customized mako - which was wrecked and would be placed somewhere in space. ... but at we don t really have "capital" wrecks ... so the idea never really caught on.

the BHG revisions .... - Etaphreven - 12-22-2010

Holy.

Gimme dat Orca.

EDIT: Though, I don't understand how it can be too late to add them. It's not like they're in the process of releasing the mod.:P

yes we are in the process of releasing ( err.. we have been for over a year )

the BHG revisions .... - Etaphreven - 12-22-2010

' Wrote:yes we are in the process of releasing ( err.. we have been for over a year )

My point exactly.

the BHG revisions .... - Tequilla.Sunrise - 12-22-2010

I prefer the current BHG ships, to be honest. As long as you don't change the Manta, though, I'm fine:P

thats why they re shown - to gather up opinions.

if the current line is preferred - those are going into the dustbin

the BHG revisions .... - Turkish - 12-22-2010

Okay, just going to be blunt and say the box-head designs are brilliant.

Gimme' that Mako please.

the BHG revisions .... - SeaFalcon - 12-22-2010

' Wrote:I prefer the current BHG ships, to be honest. As long as you don't change the Manta, though, I'm fine:P
Manta is a vanilla model so it won't and never will be changed.

---

Orca... 'target disc' well... dunno, I don't like it.
Bullhead... 'square box' is to square and fat, neither like it.
Mako... I don't know either, it looks nice, just not the way I think it would fit any BHG vessel, imo.

Even though I don't like the current mako, (maybe just because it quite huge for its stats)
I like the current Thresher, Bullhead, Bottle style so much more.
I don't like the current Orca that much although this one is not my taste.
Also where is the (re-done) Orca's FG?

the BHG revisions .... - akka1000 - 12-22-2010

What I dont like about these revisions is that I don't think they really follow the BHG lines very much. The current ones are more flowing, and fishlike, like their names.

If these were more streamlined and fishlike, while still retaining the toughness present in these pictures, they'd be prefect

EDIT: That mako is quite prettty though, i'd probably prefer it over the current one, even if its just to reduce its size a bit.

the BHG revisions .... - Banris - 12-22-2010

' Wrote:thats why they re shown - to gather up opinions.

if the current line is preferred - those are going into the dustbin

Putting this comment in initial post would be a good idea.

I like the Orca out of the three. Mostly because it loses the FG and odd boat model that never fit with the rest of the BH shipline.

I don't like the bullhead model, far too boxy in my opinion. However the current bullhead could stand to be replaced, there's something odd about it.

Your Mako looks cool but does not appear very BH'ish to me. I prefer the current Mako design, except for it being over-sized.

Edit: I agree with Akka's statements. However I suppose it's too late to modify these models to make them more streamlined and fishy-like?