Discovery Gaming Community
OORP Location Question - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: OORP Location Question (/showthread.php?tid=5199)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

OORP Location Question - El Nino - 12-28-2007

For example, i was told that i was OORP with my corsair cruiser El Nino, pretty much everywhere i went, that wasnt in corsair space... New York, Dublin, Omicron Alpha,... now, I roleplay a Corsair "freelancer" Cruiser, i go out and explore, i don't tax people with it allover space, but it seems i can't just go anywhere without some wise cracker poping out the rules on me...

I would like to start this thread to clarify where can you go with your ID... as it really bothers me that i can't go around everywhere i'd like... (if there is noone to stop me)

So what is with this location thing going on... and if i can't go to liberty to defend our intrests, how come liberty ships can come to corsair space?...

I would just like to clarify all of this so i can RP better...

OORP Location Question - Jinx - 12-28-2007

okie - lets start with the out of roleplay stuff

- freelancing in a cruiser isn t really working ( with a freelancer ID )

then about roleplay...

- freelancing is sort of something like a professional man for all occasions. he knows his way around, won t mind to get his hands dirty but will - if possible stay on the good side of the law. Now to achieve that - its usually of advantage to be mobile and flexible. a cruiser on the other hand is a very large ship, takes a crew to maintain and pay ( more than a freelancer with his rather small wage can do )

- a corsair ship ( i that case - it makes little difference if its a fighter of a cap ) comes with a reputation. most lawfuls do not like seeing a corsair ship around. especially not when its armed with a dozen weaponturrets that can practly pulverize a civilian/military station. so you must not be surprised when you are not really welcome everywhere.
furthermore - corsairs are not freelancers. they are determined to work for one cause. freelancing + corsair doesn t go too well together - but of course you can be a freelancer of spanish decendence - just not a corsair.

- as a freelancer you have the right to go to all public places, you must ask permission to enter specific systems ( guard systems, pirate homes etc. ) you can fly everything up to a gunboat ( i think ) but even a gunboat comes with a reputation. a blood dragon gunboat ( in case they sold you one ) would not be too welcome in kusari, while a kusari gunboat is not welcome in bretonia. a rheinland ship might be looked upon suspiciously in liberty - while a liberty fighter may be asked to leave when he is in rhenland. its all roleplayed politics.

so an advice is - if you want to freelance - choose a smaller ship. if you want to go to most of the places - choose a civilian line ship ( IMG gunboat - allthough the BAF might not love you then ) or any VHF of the civilian line ( there are tons ) - then you should be much better off to go where you wish to.

OORP Location Question - kingvaillant - 12-28-2007

Well since you are a corsair you can easily go in bretonia space, rheinland space, all the omicrons (Alpha-beta included because you may ''attack'' outcast), sigmas and omegas

But you have no interest in going to the Tau and kusari space

For liberty space,,,since you have all the artefact going there and the passengers going to crete are coming from there, You have some reasons to go in liberty but You will need to RP them very well in order to justify your presence in our space otherwise i'll kick you out of it:P

EX: I'm investigating on something

Questions?

Jinx:"- freelancing in a cruiser isn t really working ( with a freelancer ID )"

I'm sorry i didn't quite make it clear by "freelancer" i mean't i'm not in any clans, i have a corsair ID,

I like liberty space very much:), i kinda grew attached to wacking the rogues, wrenched outcast allies, that i so like to destroy... I'm not to fond of LSF, Police or Navy either, so ocasionaly I go and help somebody, preticulary if they are with the order, or something... and this morning my brother got chased after smugling artifacts to manhatan (smugling ID, and everything) naturaly i wanted to help him and some of our corsairs came there to give the SA a pointed glove... now i am very unfriendly with everyone in NY except outcats so NPC's didn't mind me, but SA and then the Admin.Kane got furious at me and my friends for coming to NY to attack the local police,...

We figured it would be great to eliminate the police so our smuglers could opperate with impunity, protecting our artifact routes... but as it turned out Admin wasn't impressed,... so i understand there is a rule against it, that in the future i wouldn't want to brake,...:)

I'll stick to spaces suggested by KingVaillant "bretonia space, rheinland space, all the omicrons sigmas and omegas" for now, till i clarify this more...:)

OORP Location Question - trekster - 12-28-2007

What the rules say:
Quote:6.9 Generic IDs (Military ID, Freelancer ID, Pirate ID, Trader ID, Smuggler ID) indicate characters that did not join an NPC faction, but still maintain appropriate reputation with those factions, and appropriate faction tag, if any tag is available.

Reputation list for freelancer id
[Image: screen3ig8.th.jpg]
Freelancer ID reference
[Image: screen4gx6.th.jpg]

I hope that helps

OORP Location Question - Equinox - 12-28-2007

As a Corsair you can go anywhere you see NPCs, so Omicrons and that includes alpha if your running an attack on them.

There also is Bretonia and Rhindland.

You should not be seen in Liberty at all, only go there if passing through.

We have allies in Kusari and we are not hostile to Kusari, infact Corsairs have helped Kusari in the past so i can see a Corsair being there but not all the time.

Taus are really out of the way and you should only be seen in those systems if passing through.

Like i said Liberty is a pretty big no no for a Corsair.

OORP Location Question - Quigs - 12-28-2007

re: Corsairs in Kusari - there's no need to fudge a reason to be there. There are Corsairs in Kusari at the Honshu gate all the time.

Probably the worst place to be in 4.84 (other than Outcast home system) is Rhineland. The cops/troops think you're a criminal, the Hessians hate you and the other unlawfuls at best want nothing to do with you anymore. That house is the belly of the beast.

Ultimately if you have something you want to do somewhere that doesn't negatively impact on other players, go there and do it. Player characters aren't rank and file grunts. They're the superheros who get to go places and do things that Joe Average can't. Just don't blatantly violate your ID (ie landing on enemy bases) or go pirating in Omicron Alpha.

CP

OORP Location Question - Kaiden - 12-28-2007

I don't mind where I see Corsairs. Just try to not loiter your Cruiser around Sigma-13. Last guy to do that got swamped by 5 fighters and bombers and quickly got blown up.

Courtesy of the Gas Miners Guild.:cool:

OORP Location Question - DBoy1612 - 12-28-2007

' Wrote:There also is Bretonia and Rhindland.
From what I can remember, the Corsairs aren't even in Rheinland. Ya, they're in Omega 15, but that's not part of Rheinland. There is only a Rheinland stationary battleship there, nothing else though.

Jure Wrote:I would like to start this thread to clarify where can you go with your ID... as it really bothers me that i can't go around everywhere i'd like... (if there is noone to stop me)
Why would it bother you? You're not supposed to go anywhere you like. You're supposed to stick to the jurisdiction that's given to you in the game itself. Kane made the right call when he came in to Liberty to tell you guys off. Think about it, from everything that has been said before, why would a Corsair be in Liberty for any reason other then "I like shooting them", eh?:dry:

Thanx equinox, will follow your generous tip.