Discovery Gaming Community
Need of Advice - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Need of Advice (/showthread.php?tid=52147)

Need of Advice - Stalemate - 12-27-2010

I want to report, that i was killed by a fellow independent Outcast near Malta. Just out of the blue.
I managed to get one screenshot.
How do i do this properly?

By the way, as i was killed in Omicron Alpha, by a fellow Outcast, Do the pvp 4 hour rule apply?

EDIT: Im quite new here so go easy on me. If this is in the wrong place, please correct me.

EDIT 2: After looking closer to the screenshot i realize the callsign of the Outcast doesn't mean anything to me, and might aswell be just random.

Need of Advice - AeternusDoleo - 12-27-2010

Well, depending on the context of this happening there's several things you can do. If the attack was unprovoked, you can inform the 101st of it, the main Outcast player faction. If the attack was completely unprovoked and without warning it would have been against server rules - which means you can file a sanction report. From the sound of this you had a bad encounter out there - someone who does not wish to play the Outcast role. At all.

Thanks for the help. Im going for the sanction report, as this was completely unprovoked.
He didn't even RP before the attack, that is true. All he did, was to follow my tail while i was heading to Malta,
then he started opening fire. I went Boom! before i had the chance to retaliate.

Only question now is, am i allowed to re-enter Alpha? Or does the PvP-4-Hours rule really apply to a situation like this? I must claim that it does not. First of all, he broke server rules. Second, it was not really a fight. I had just enought time to cry out for help before i was thrown out into space.

He was destroyed shortly after by another independent Outcast, tho, that did see this act as terrorism.

And.. If i give the callsign, witch i belive is just random gibberish, can they trace the person who did this?

Again, thanks for all help.

Need of Advice - Ascalon - 12-27-2010

' Wrote:Thanks for the help. Im going for the sanction report, as this was completely unprovoked.
He didn't even RP before the attack, that is true. All he did, was to follow my tail while i was heading to Malta,
then he started opening fire. I went Boom! before i had the chance to retaliate.

Only question now is, am i allowed to re-enter Alpha? Or does the PvP-4-Hours rule really apply to a situation like this? I must claim that it does not. First of all, he broke server rules. Second, it was not really a fight. I had just enought time to cry out for help before i was thrown out into space.

He was destroyed shortly after by another independent Outcast, tho, that did see this act as terrorism.

And.. If i give the callsign, witch i belive is just random gibberish, can they trace the person who did this?

Again, thanks for all help.

Depends what's faction ID did you used in this situation.

Admins can easily find player by his character's name

' Wrote:Depends what's faction ID did you used in this situation.

Admins can easily find player by his character's name

We both used Outcast ID, i believe.

Need of Advice - TFinnegan - 12-27-2010

As to the four-hour-rule, Kael, I'd just go ahead and adhere to it - regardless of the circumstances.
This does two things.
one it puts you 100% on the level in case of investigation, and two it makes you the better man/player.

Start an alt, go on a walkabout, or take a nap.

Either way, you win, 'cause YOU followed the rules.