Discovery Gaming Community
Warm Welcome - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Warm Welcome (/showthread.php?tid=5226)

Pages: 1 2

Warm Welcome - Lorr - 12-30-2007

Wll, here's my first post...

All I can say is thank you. I love freelancer, having only gotten it in the last month. I heard about this server and thought I'd give it a try. I have lots of experience with other online games, but not with any space based ones like this. I started with one name and did some initial mining and trading to get some money. I then changed my mind and wanted to go down the fighter/military path. I didn't want to start all over, so I figured I'd leave a credit cargo behind with one character and tractor it in with the next. Luckily, I tested this with the lowest possible first. I lost the loot, probably to NPC's as I'm told. I'n my frustration, someone offered to help me with the transfer. I was/am new and unlearned in how to trade with other players. Ther other player was very patient with me and helped me through the process. In the end he gave me a bonus to what I was transfering. When I asked why, he simply said "Welcome to Discovery." Now I'm sure the extra amount he gave me was petty change at his level, but it meant a lot to me. First impressions are usually the ones that stick, and my first impression of Discovery was very pleasent. I look forward to advancing my levels and character story.

Thank you very much Michael.Shelton for the warm welcome to the Discovery RP server.

Warm Welcome - BULLDOGNK - 12-30-2007

' Wrote:Wll, here's my first post...

All I can say is thank you. I love freelancer, having only gotten it in the last month. I heard about this server and thought I'd give it a try. I have lots of experience with other online games, but not with any space based ones like this. I started with one name and did some initial mining and trading to get some money. I then changed my mind and wanted to go down the fighter/military path. I didn't want to start all over, so I figured I'd leave a credit cargo behind with one character and tractor it in with the next. Luckily, I tested this with the lowest possible first. I lost the loot, probably to NPC's as I'm told. I'n my frustration, someone offered to help me with the transfer. I was/am new and unlearned in how to trade with other players. Ther other player was very patient with me and helped me through the process. In the end he gave me a bonus to what I was transfering. When I asked why, he simply said "Welcome to Discovery." Now I'm sure the extra amount he gave me was petty change at his level, but it meant a lot to me. First impressions are usually the ones that stick, and my first impression of Discovery was very pleasent. I look forward to advancing my levels and character story.

Thank you very much Michael.Shelton for the warm welcome to the Discovery RP server.

Hello there and Welcome.

i like reading stories like this, it makes my time as Admin worth while.

follow all the rules and enjoy our servers.

cheers

Warm Welcome - Lorr - 12-30-2007

I just realized this should not have been posted in the RP section, mods please move it to where it needs to be. Thanks.

Warm Welcome - galaktik - 12-30-2007

Welcome to Discovery Gaming Community and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year:D

Warm Welcome - Eppy - 12-30-2007

Welcome to the party, mate. Beware, we have cannibals here...

Warm Welcome - Jwnantze - 12-30-2007

O.o You didnt tell him? WATCH OUT FOR THE COILITION PENGUINS!

Warm Welcome - bluntpencil2001 - 12-30-2007

Why would we?

The Coalition's Penguins are real Proletarians that love their comrades. Good ole Communist Pingu.;)

Warm Welcome - Heartless - 12-30-2007

Is it really neccesary to scare the new ones?
Welcome, and there's nothing to be afraid of.:)

Warm Welcome - caylith - 12-30-2007

Welcome, welcome. I hope you enjoy your stay here:D

Warm Welcome - kindred - 12-30-2007

Always a pleasure helping the same way someone once helped me. Once again welcome to the Discovery RP Server and the forums.

PS. I've heard rumors that these Coalition's Penguins might be real...
Always be on the lookout...