Discovery Gaming Community
Liberty Police, Inc. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Liberty Police, Inc. (/showthread.php?tid=5242)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Liberty Police, Inc. - Xoria - 01-01-2008

I fully support an LPI idea and I have 2 suggestions.
1. Just use LPI-callsign as your name. Drop the symbols at the start of it. This is mainly a pet peeve of mine, but there you have it. Everyone using LPI is just as easy to find as [LPI], and it doesn't goof around with the alphabetization of the player list.
2. While you will no doubt want some "heavier" Light Fighters for understandable reasons, please strongly consider having each of your members outfit a "smaller" Light Fighter. My Lane Hacker clan recruits are relegated to a Dagger and under rank 30 for a while, I would love to see a police force that can meet them on a level playing field. Maybe bring some Patriots to counter our Daggers. None of our Daggers should have armor upgrades, so you can use armor upgrades of your own to match the Dagger's 1800 armor. The Patriot has 1300 armor, so drop on a Mark 2 armor upgrade and they will be pretty much even.
PLEASE seriously consider this. I have been dreaming of some realistic fun with the Daggers but it requires other players who are evenly matched on the lawful side. It won't be difficult at all for you to keep a Patriot below rank 30 like our Daggers are. Just don't max out their equipment upgrades.

Liberty Police, Inc. - Zapp - 01-01-2008

Yes, I was thinking the same thing, Xoria. Patriot on Dagger combat in California/other places. Count me in.

Liberty Police, Inc. - Jinx - 01-01-2008

edit: this is regarding turkishs? post.. ( or the LSF/ Navys point of view )

hm - clear words which i don t agree with much. about getting "stuck up"...

about the chain of comands... its not cause the roleplay says so, but cause the factions have been around longer and are more established. such a chain of comands does not exist, when its all down to roleplay - especially when you consider that the LPI is privatly financed - but has more or less free reign on how to deal with what they have to do.

- a very clear definition of each factions duty must be defined. so - it can for example be:

LPI: deal with criminals that are flying in nothing bigger than a fighter ( including LF, HF, VHF, Bomber, SHF ). for any greater ship, you d call the LSF / navy. ( or if you are overwhelmed by fighters ), scan for contrabant and eventually report transports ( no need to fight them to stop them, they are too big )

LSF: assist the LPI / Navy when asked for and deal with special tasks, such as stopping a heavy transport. deal with gunboats and stuff that is just too big for LPI.

Navy: protect liberty from military invasions aswell as assist against major threats such as cruisers, battleships and eventually assist the LSF against gunboats.

now, such a structure would on the opposite mean that - Navy has nothing to do with scanning for contraband and will not do it ( as simple as that ) - it would be, unless asked for, be considered "beneath the navy to do so". same thing with LSF, sort of. a highly specialized and trained LSF member won t hang around just somewhere scanning for contraband. thats what the LPI is doing.

now, i allready wrote about the problem about that... - its not the LPI that gets stuck up ... its rather the navy / lsf, *** when it comes to roleplay and roles ***. ( unless you convince me that it is actually the LSFs / navys job to scan for contraband )
cause most of the patrolling stuff is actually done by the police. - however, i do agree that the LPI would most probably stick to the lanes and lane crossings aswell as "camping" planets and stations.

which brings me from the roleplay point of view to the gameplay point of view. the LSF faction simply won t allow a LPI faction to take over such a major part of "their" work. and since the LPI cannot really do anything else - it is true, they will have nothing to do, other than act as a comedy on behalf of LSF.

about the equipment they can use - i really hate to say it - but again, the police ID allows the use of specific ships, and again, i believe that igiss hasn t just done a copy / paste - but actually payed some thought on that issue. if a police faction restricts itself to use small ships, its perfectly fine. - but if they see the need for something else, its is their business - and not the business of another faction to make the decission for them. ( we have individuals bashing allready - we don t wanne try bashing on minor faciton - that aren t even existing )

edit: while i can write a lot about justifying heavier ships for a police - there has allready been a consent not only to use light ships only - but also to equip them in a very non pvpish way.

Liberty Police, Inc. - gafwmn - 01-01-2008

To: LPI
Subject:Possible Enlistment

I may be interested in your endevor.....it has noble overtures.....however....I have my own ship which may suit your ...ah..special needs....for enforcement and interdiction.....it a XV-736...set-up as a pursuit interceptor.....as i am not in the new york system that often....my assignments would be " as needed "
IF you are interested....leave a comm message at West Point....it will be forwarded to me.

End transmission:cool:

Liberty Police, Inc. - =KRA=KRoTRS - 01-01-2008

If those guys from SA dont accept me would you have me in your mind please.
Thank you & contact me if sth comes up please.
Knight_Rider

Liberty Police, Inc. - Turkish - 01-01-2008

@ Jinx.

When the LSF and the SA work together, we do the same menial jobs, and the same would be true of the LPI. We wouldn't be stealing anyones position, and the fact remains there are plenty, and I mean plenty of entry points that we can ALL patrol and scan. The fact still remains that as long as everyone is willing to negotiate and work together no one needs to get stuck up, and I stand by my men when I say they would not.

Most often when we are dealing with an incursion, or fending off and assault with the aid of the LSF it leaves Manhattan, Houston, whatever planet open and the support that the LPI could offer would be much appreciated. Now I really don't know where you got your few on the SA, but we don't act righteous and rude. We're kind and supportive when people ask us for help, and only snap when people are rude and arrogant to our faces. As I think anyone else might respond.

I mean this seriously when I say that we could use their help, with the number of smugglers in bound into New York these days it is hard to keep track of them all. Especially now that we cannot stop them once they are into the system. The LPI may be an independent and unique organization, but they still need to work and respect us as well as our authority as the ones who own the guard system. I feel the need to reiterate once more, I want this LPI group to work:)

EDIT: I feel the need to say as the head of the SA I would like to help you with this in any way I possibly can.

Liberty Police, Inc. - SimonBlack - 01-01-2008

' Wrote:@ Jinx.

When the LSF and the SA work together, we do the same menial jobs, and the same would be true of the LPI. We wouldn't be stealing anyones position, and the fact remains there are plenty, and I mean plenty of entry points that we can ALL patrol and scan. The fact still remains that as long as everyone is willing to negotiate and work together no one needs to get stuck up, and I stand by my men when I say they would not.

Most often when we are dealing with an incursion, or fending off and assault with the aid of the LSF it leaves Manhattan, Houston, whatever planet open and the support that the LPI could offer would be much appreciated. Now I really don't know where you got your few on the SA, but we don't act righteous and rude. We're kind and supportive when people ask us for help, and only snap when people are rude and arrogant to our faces. As I think anyone else might respond.

I mean this seriously when I say that we could use their help, with the number of smugglers in bound into New York these days it is hard to keep track of them all. Especially now that we cannot stop them once they are into the system. The LPI may be an independent and unique organization, but they still need to work and respect us as well as our authority as the ones who own the guard system. I feel the need to reiterate once more, I want this LPI group to work:)

Well said Turkish.

Dont think anyone is stealing anyones job if we cooperate and its exactly on what Im planning to do. There plently of patrol routes to run and smugglers to scan. Besides if LSF and Navy are fighting over (example) Mojave, like I did yesterday (was a hired Bounty scum), LPI can still run patrols to catch smugglers or common, when our fellow-commanders are busy with skirmish.

And of course we'll respect. You have flashy uniforms, medals, stars and stuff. Every criminal shaked from the very look of a Navy pilot:P

The real authority is Liberty goverment, though we dont have or need one, but it was always imaginary and things have been going pretty well.

Liberty Police, Inc. - bus - 01-01-2008

Why are you people not celebrating the New Year's Eve!?:yahoo:Anyway, I read all the new posts in this thread and here's what I'd like to say:

Quote:And for names.. I suggest: [LPI]name
@ names: That's what we thought but we weren't sure if we should put it in front or after the name.
Anyway, [LPI] is nice, i don't like fancy names. In front, because it's easier for tracking, then searching each by his own starting letter.
[LPI]Name.Surname, yes?
Just use LPI-callsign as your name. Drop the symbols at the start of it. This is mainly a pet peeve of mine, but there you have it. Everyone using LPI is just as easy to find as [LPI], and it doesn't goof around with the alphabetization of the player list.
I would definitely put LPI in front rather than back because that way it's easier to recognize. I kinda like LPI better than [LPI] but it's really just an opinion. Why do people use periods, hyphens etc. instead of spaces, is there some good reason to this? (I don't know, I'm new to Freelancer multiplayer.) I would like the following: LPI Sgt. John Baxter. Also regarding the rank in character name, I think it would be a nice addition although maybe redundant. NPC LPI use Off. and I think also Sgt. and Cpt. in their names (I'm only sure about the Off. one though.) Also you can see detectives in the bars but they never fly LPI ships so I figured that they are only the ground based policemen. However if you'd like Det. or Insp. or something similar in your name please say so. I know that Etaphreven would like the Insp. one;).

Quote:what shields do liberty ships have?
Graviton. All lawful Liberty NPC factions use graviton shields.

Quote:LPI can use debilitators, and yes, it is the best combo.
But it's the same problem.
Do we want to be fully RP like LPI NPC's, or do we want to be pwnzors.
I would chose option 1, but if all others agree that LPI should use debilitators in their loadout, it's ok.
As long as EVERYONE uses the SAME loadout.
I don't see any RP reason why should LPI not use debilitators. I mean we're not going to use Justice Mk. I only because that's what NPC Patriots carry, that would be ridiculous. I think that using any weapons available to civilians in Liberty should be all right RPwise. I too recommend shield-busting weaponry. Of course if you see any reason why a partuicular weapon should be forbidden then tell us.

Quote:Guys listen up...we are,under no circumstances,going to use the Navy ships.Period.
No GBs,no VHF,not even HFs.
Capisci?Light Fighters and Prison Ship(maybe and if yes,only one as a flagship).I am restricting it to RP as much as possible.End of story.
I agree as Patriots and Liberators are the only ships that LPI NPCs use. I am against military ships because those are military-produced and anybody else than Liberty Navy shouldn't have access to them unless they have some special contract with the Navy. Starfliers and other civilan ships could also be included but they are pretty crappy, look bad and you don't see NPC policemen fly them (probably for the first two reasons). If there's anybody who wants them, tell us. Non-Liberty produced ships seem a little inappropriate to me. One ship I forgot all about is the Kadesh Light Fighter -- it is sold in Liberty to "Liberty corporation" according to its infocard. That's sounds more like DSE and Cryer than LPI to me but if anybody wants this fighter, tell us. Final words -- Patriot and Liberator are LPI trademarks, you can recognize a policeman as soon as you see a Patriot. And I feel that they are quite sufficent for our needs. If this turns out to not be the case, we can always decide to upgrade our inventory:cool:.

@ LPI and Navy: I think we could go on pretty well with these two factions. Especially after reading what Turkish said.

@ Xoria: I like that. I would be happy to fly a Patriot with at most Mk2 armor upgrade. I don't mind dying a lot, it's my job:D.

Anyway, it seems like we will need a couple of polls to sort things out... or maybe a couple of new threads?

Liberty Police, Inc. - chopper - 01-01-2008

@Turkish - I actually agree about that "Chain of command" thing.
You remember those things from the movies? "It's federal stuff now, get lost!"
But, if you are asking us to leave him to you, and then you let him go...
I'm sorry, cooperation won't be possible in that way.
Just clearing things up.

@Xoria - Patriots will most probably be a must for each member.
Liberators should be flown only by respected cops, or higher ranks.
Patriot is going to become a standard police vessel.
And yes, i have been thinking about fighting your daggers.
Because, if you haven't made such a faction like LH, we would probably fight only underlevel people, who just started their playing.
And that is not fun, not in RP, not in PVP.
But, one thing concerns me. At one point, your "recruits" will stop using Daggers, because, there will be no more recruits.
I may be wrong, but, all factions come to that point where no more recruits are needed, or could be found.
I hope your members will keep their Daggers, just for fighting your beloved Cops:)
And yes, LPI-Name.Surname (not callsign) is nice.

@gafwmn - No can do, buddy. If you have your own ship, this is not the thing for ya.
However, if you would like to fly a nice little Patriot, then you'r more then welcome.

@Krotrs - If you would like to fly a nice little Patriot, then you'r more then welcome.

@Eta - Yup, as i said, i don't want only the same ships, but the same loadouts.
And i hope everyone will agree on that as well.
That loadout should become a standard Police loadout.
Much like the same guns that cops use in the Police in real world.
No one would care to get their own. It's just a job, they get their guns from the Police.
We just need to agree what will that loadout look like (for liberators and for patriots).

@Turkish again - Well, don't expect from the LPI to go in actions with you.
Yes, we will help in defending the Planets, Stations, everything populated.
But we would never ever go and attack Alcatraz, for example.
It's just not our job.
However, if you call us, and need help, in some populated area, then we are at your disposal.
At least that's the way i see it.
We have to make difference between you guys, or else we will fail.
Hope you understand.

@bus - I didn't mean Justice Mk1, i meant vengeances and Magma hammers.
But, as i said, i will agree on any lawful loadout, only if you all agree that ALL will use that one, and only that one.

So, here is my suggestion, for the loadout.

Patriot - 2 adv. stunpulses and 2 Justices. (don't know if it's II or III, because of the slots)
Liberator - 2 adv. debilitators and 2 Vengeance mk V

So, agree or don't, but if you don't, propose a new suggestion.
Thank you all for great critiques and suggestions.

Liberty Police, Inc. - Praetyre - 01-01-2008

You might want to pattern your factions ranks off real life American Police ranks, with perhaps a few based upon corporate leadership or United Kingdom Chief Inspectors added at the top to keep things consistent. Here's a link; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_ranks#United_States

My ideas for your diplomacy section (comments and feedback are welcome);
Liberty Diplomatic Protocols- Updated Semiregularily
Allied (Fellow agents of the Liberty government or organizations in active partnership with the Liberty government. Cooperate, coordinate, assist and offer unlimited and unrestricted access to Liberty space)
Liberty Navy
Liberty Security Force
Bretonian Armed Forces
Bretonia Police
Ageira Technologies
Deep Space Engineering
Bounty Hunters Guild
Friendly (Friends of Liberty. Offer higher priority protection and less stringent searches in our space. Cooperate in emergencies, coordinate if necessary. Offer access to all but restricted (Virginia and Alaska) Liberty space)[color]
Border World Exports
Bretonian Mining and Minerals
Cryer Pharmaceuticals
Gateway Shipping
Interspace Commerce
Independent Miners Guild
Orbital Spa and Cruise
Planetform Inc.
Synth Foods Inc.
Universal Shipping
[color=#FFFFFF]Neutral (Use standard Liberty procedure towards immigrants and foreign persons. Offer protection if needed)

All others
Unfriendly (Give more stringent searching and checking before admittance into Liberty space. Do not, under any circumstances, admit Rheinland or Kusari operatives into our space)
Rheinland Military
Rheinland Federal Police
Kusari Naval Forces
Kusari State Police
ALG Waste Disposal
Blood Dragons
Bundschuh
Daumann Heavy Construction
Golden Chrysantheneums
Hogosha
Kruger Minerals
Kishiro Technologies
Junkers
LWB
Red Hessians
Republican Shipping
Samura Industries
Unioners
Hostile (Shoot on sight in our space, actively hunt and pursue)
Corsairs
Gaians
Lane Hackers
Liberty Rogues
Mollys
Outcasts
Xenos
Class 0 Terrorist Groups (Terrorist groups considered enemies of the state. Shoot on sight, make highest priority for attack, actively plot, hunt and use any means necessary to destroy)
Phantoms
The Order
Hellfire Legion
War (Groups which Liberty has openly declared war upon in formal engagement. Shoot on sight, plot against, make highest priority for attack, hunt and invade home territory)
Nomads (This includes anyone aiding, abetting, plotting with, affiliated with, supporting, fraternizing or militantly defending the Nomadic race)

Also, I would suggest having seperate naming formats for different classes of police ships. For example;
Personal Ships (Equivalent to police cars)
[LPI]-X
Capital Ships (Equivalent to police cruisers and APCs)
[LPI]-LPC-X
Prison Vessels (Equivalent to paddywagons and ancient Roman galleys)
[LPI]-LPP-X
Bank Vaults (Self explanatory)
[LPI-LPV-X

I agree with your idea of restricting Zone 21 from operation in New York, and I would like to suggest you restrict pilots from entering Alaska as well. It is equivalent to Area 51, which even normal military traffic, much less law enforcement are forbidden from flying over. The LSF guards Zone 21, you guys police the rest of Sirius.

One last suggestion I have. Assigning each of your officers to a single system, unless they are very high ranking officers, similar to the different departments of real life police forces.