Discovery Gaming Community
Siriusleaks disclaimer - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Siriusleaks disclaimer (/showthread.php?tid=52645)

Pages: 1 2

Siriusleaks disclaimer - sadtranslation - 01-06-2011

<strike>To be honest, experiment was unsuccessful. What the Siriusleaks actually were? It's an instrument that allows to bump factions' roleplay via planned leaks or make game much more interesting via unplanned leaks made by one or another character. As a metagame-free tool it allowed to leak logs, messages from communication channels, screenshots - whatever you want. Another point for me was not to leak a thing myself to see how it works without me.

The system was meant to work like that:

Anonimous informs me in PM about the information he would like to leak and sends the proof of his access to the information in roleplay. Then all the leaks are shown to an administrator/moderator to prove that leaking of something was valid. Finally, the leak is posted.

While guaranteeing the full anonimousity based on the trustworthy of server administration and my interest in making the whole system work, Siriusleaks never did what they were meant to do. I recieved 3 leaks totally and 2 of them will be published because they are more or less interesting. No, I'm not biased on this certain metter. No, nobody leaked a single link from message dump or communication channel. No, I leaked nothing personally. But I wanted something else. Something much more valuable in terms of good old roleplay. Actually, something to play with.</strike>

Nevermind, it was fun.

I need to review the stuff - maybe it can be interesting in any other way.

Siriusleaks disclaimer - Fatso - 01-06-2011

They theatened to kill your cat, right?

' Wrote:They theatened to kill your cat, right?

No, but I saw double rainbow.

Siriusleaks disclaimer - Fatso - 01-06-2011

They killed your cat and said that was a warning.

' Wrote:They killed your cat and said that was a warning.

No, it was triple rainbow-oh-oh-ho. Oh, wow. Triple.

Siriusleaks disclaimer - Guest - 01-06-2011

Honestly. If I had anything that wasn't already known and had the authority to release it, I'd have played along.

To be honest, everyone here knows something more or less interesting - even a message dump entry or a single Neural Net transmission. Eh, it was fun but something with it went wrong.

I think I'll try doing something else with leaks-related stuff a bit later.

Siriusleaks disclaimer - Coin - 01-06-2011

suggestion for ya:

siriusleaks becomes the repository for the NEW rumours on the bar. that way, the mods and rockers dont have to write them all by themselves, we'll actually write them, and all they need to do is choose which ones are appropriate.

Siriusleaks disclaimer - ophidian - 01-06-2011

buy information from informants, create an information network, it would work better as i have said. disco is not that creative sadly

' Wrote:suggestion for ya:

siriusleaks becomes the repository for the NEW rumours on the bar. that way, the mods and rockers dont have to write them all by themselves, we'll actually write them, and all they need to do is choose which ones are appropriate.
Sounds interesting, but as usual it depends on if the rumors collected that way will be really used and if they will be not just rumors, but something that really happened one day or another.

' Wrote:buy information from informants, create an information network, it would work better as i have said. disco is not that creative sadly
For me it more about loosing control on smooth flow of the roleplay, making it less predictable - a big good actually. Also, if one is ready to invest in it, the Leaks thing may have a chance.