Discovery Gaming Community
Future Use of Event Server - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Thread: Future Use of Event Server (/showthread.php?tid=53088)

Pages: 1 2

Future Use of Event Server - Dieter Schprokets - 01-13-2011

Some may recall back in 2008/2009 I got weekly events going like hotcakes with a weekly schedule system. Eventually it died.

I was thinking of rebooting that but am not sure how to proceed. Here are some general alternatives:

1. Reboot the weekly events the way they were with on or about a half dozen events weekly, the only real difference between then and now is that the Event Server gets used, and I have to make appropriate /restarts.

2. As above but a less crammed biweekly schedule.

3. More limited, with 1 or 2 per week.

I am polling the community to see what the interest is, which factions might be into the idea of a weekly or biweekly event?

Some alternatives I thought of are:

KNF/BAF
LN/RM
OC/Corsairs
SCRA+RHA/Corsairs
GRN/OTHERS

Many more possibilities exist.

Essentially, I'd like to get a feel for how intensely the event server might be used if i commit to something like this.

Comments?

Please also indicate a preference for 1,2, 3 above.

Weekly events were frequent, but a regular timeslot was easy to manage.

Future Use of Event Server - Dart - 01-13-2011

well, as a start, add poll questons?

I think week-long events are fine enough.(3) the only thing i'm missing from all of the atmosphere, is why there are no BS npcs fighting enemy BS NPCs on the main server.

Future Use of Event Server - Kaze Dagon - 01-13-2011

Put CR in the mix for the Taus brawls. <3

Future Use of Event Server - Coral Reaver - 01-13-2011

BAF vs Kusari.

Let's see a test of skill determine the outcome.

Future Use of Event Server - Zelot - 01-13-2011

My question, since the event server is really just the dev server, at what point do events cut into the time that should be going into development?

Future Use of Event Server - Dieter Schprokets - 01-13-2011

' Wrote:My question, since the event server is really just the dev server, at what point do events cut into the time that should be going into development?

This is important.

We should make a schedule with Devs.

Suggestion : Weekends, Events; Weekdays, Devs.

Maybe?

Future Use of Event Server - Anonymous User - 01-13-2011

No need for it in my opinion.

Its just pewpewing and it will change nothing to the storyline.

We should make RP-PvP events AFTER 48.50 release.

But ones wich are balanced and "write the story".

Even if its just a bit changeable.

Already sayd that in another topic:

"Eh dudes... kill each other. the story behind that will end like xxx and yyy and so on"

not very RP constructive

also what zelot says... devstuff first. everyone wants the mod out so dont stop the devs

they should be able to have acces to the server whenever they need it.

Future Use of Event Server - Death.RunningVerminator - 01-13-2011

Good idea Dieter. But isn't the event server the same as the 4.86 Test Server?

' Wrote:1. Reboot the weekly events the way they were with on or about a half dozen events weekly, the only real difference between then and now is that the Event Server gets used, and I have to make appropriate /restarts.

2. As above but a less crammed biweekly schedule.

Yes.

' Wrote:BAF vs Kusari.

Let's see a test of skill determine the outcome.
What about Kusari vs LN? Mix it up a little. Ya know?

Future Use of Event Server - Rubber_Duck - 01-13-2011

Yeah, i agree. I thinks its a good one, establishing the event server for events that take part more often.

3.) i think, 2 or 3 times a week should be enough, mostly on weekends, as there the most people are online.

' Wrote:What about Kusari vs LN? Mix it up a little. Ya know?

And yes, i think it could be nice, having another sort of events, those which dont take part in regular RP. Like KNF vs. LN, to check up what could be in a war, if there would be one. Same for BAF vs. RM, or something like that. Only if desired, of course. But the idea itself isnt bad...

Future Use of Event Server - Cond0r - 01-13-2011

If I may make a suggestion. Why not just put in one event weekly. On the weekends perhaps, when people dont have to work? I believe Saturday would be a good choice, and one event weekly would be enough for people to just relax and have fun on the event server, in my opinion.

That way the time for development wont be cut short. You will also have more time to set up everything for the event, like restart commands, during the week.

And as to which factions, I'd like to see SCRA-RHA / Corsairs.

' Wrote:No need for it in my opinion.

Its just pewpewing and it will change nothing to the storyline.
Yes, but as you can see from the previous events, pewpewing can be fun for some people. The event server was always almost full, and people logged on just to have casual fun. Im sure you logged on them plenty as well.