Discovery Gaming Community
Why no VHF for The Council ? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Why no VHF for The Council ? (/showthread.php?tid=53138)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Why no VHF for The Council ? - Misane - 01-14-2011

Hi everybody,

I didn't find this thread in the archives even if i guess the purpose has already been talked.

Since the VHF is "the king of the animals" in Discvery, how is it Th council doesn't have its VHF, The Agama is a Jewel it's true, but it shows it's limit when you encounter squadron of VHF, bombers or a GB (normal regarding the gb).

So why and if the answer is "just" a dev pb, will there be a VHF for us in 4.86 ?

Why no VHF for The Council ? - AeternusDoleo - 01-14-2011

The thing with ships is, until someone makes them (including hitbox, hardpoints, info cards, package - the whole shebang) they don't exist. So if you want a Council VHF snub, make one. To my knowledge there's none in the works and won't be one for 4.86. Ship submissions for the major update are closed. You could try for 4.86.1...

Why no VHF for The Council ? - Tommeh - 01-14-2011

Isn't Council VHF supposed to be added already in 4.85, same time when Gallia was discovered, and GRN got complete snubline, while Council was left out lacking VHF. Why was it left out back then? Shouldn't two main fighting factions at least have same classes of snub craft, even with Council ones being weaker in stats, like capital line is.
Nonsense to me, plus RP excuses that council is using scraped old ships, so it wasn't able to produce VHF are invalid, since there is a lot of weaker unlawful/semi-lawful factions in Sirius that got their VHF, or at least access to civic ones.

Why no VHF for The Council ? - Ivan - 01-14-2011

The Council doesn't need VHF.

Why no VHF for The Council ? - Catbert - 01-14-2011

In fact, the only Gallic VHF is Lynx. Other Gallic factions have HFs only. At first I thought that it'd be a problem, but those heavy fighters are actually quite deadly if you get used to them.
The ships don't exist because nobody made them, that's all. Plus, it's easy to come up with RP reason why Gallic unlawfuls have access to HFs only. That gives Gallic lawful factions a slight edge (as it's supposed to be), but as I've said, it's not a real problem (at least not for me, because I got used to flying the Cuirassier).

Why no VHF for The Council ? - VoluptaBox - 01-14-2011

VHF are overrated. They have the advantage of being multipurpose, but that's it. Heavy Fighters can kill them and so can gunboats, unless huge differences in numbers or skill.
I personally love both the Agama and the Basilisk, and wouldn't buy a VHF even if there was one.

Why no VHF for The Council ? - Montezuma/Kukulcan - 01-14-2011

Yeah, at present, the Gallic HFs are all very good, and easily capable of standing up to VHFs, so there is no real need for VHFs, plus I think it gives a nice unique-ness to the Gallic factions, as instead of having VHFs they have really powerful HFs.

I for one would rather it stayed like it is, as Gallic HFs are pretty much superior to most VHFs (I'll always fly a Serval rather than a Lynx as GRN), and given that they lend a unique feel to the Gallic shiplines, I think not having VHFs may actually be a good thing.

Why no VHF for The Council ? - Jansen - 01-14-2011

The Council doesnt need a VHF...
Technically not even the GRN would need one. The Lynx dies to a well flown Agama quite fast, while the Agama itself is able to do a lot of damage. Two of them shouldnt have much trouble with a Gunboat for example. And in my eyes all of the Gallic HFs are really good ships.

Why no VHF for The Council ? - Tommeh - 01-14-2011

Well, no one said Gallia HF's ain't good, just why there is no VHF, hmm, then there was sudden change of hearts, since I remember just few months ago, everyone were braging Lynx, how it's very good VHF, and can pwn all others and how solid skilled Lynx pilot can beat most of Agamas, and I seen several times fights with same skilled pilots, where Agama was loser only due to weaker hull, and not being able to soak up MR hit with scratched hull, while Lynx could.
I like Agama aswell, one of favorite fighters, although I haven't flied it for long time.
Anyway, I was interested to see exact reason why it was not added, saying: cause there is no need for it, is barely valid reason in my opinion, cause when Gallia was added you couldn't have know in future what ships will be prefered etc, but that's just me, so whatever.

Why no VHF for The Council ? - Diabolicus - 01-14-2011

Gallia's whole navy revolves around heavy fighters, which they have mastered better than the other houses. So, the GRN military tacticians who have deserted to the Council were probably more able to handle fleets of HF than VHFs.