Discovery Gaming Community
To the Bretonian Armed Forces - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To the Bretonian Armed Forces (/showthread.php?tid=53199)

To the Bretonian Armed Forces - Sturmwind - 01-15-2011

=[[color=#33CC00]INCOMING TRANSMISSION]=

SOURCE: [color=#FFCC00]Rheinwehr Kreuzer Seydlitz,[color=#33CC00] Hamburg System.
[color=#33CC00][font=Impact]ENCRYPTION: [color=#FFCC00][color=#FF0000]High, port RM-CH-HC-1488-VH.

[color=#33CC00][font=Impact]Receiving...
[color=#33CC00][font=Impact]Decrypting...
[color=#33CC00][font=Impact]Opening...

[font=Verdana][color=#33CC00]SUBMITTER: [color=#FFCC00]Admiral Alec Voelkel, Rheinland Military.

[color=#33CC00]RECIPIENT: [color=#FFCC00]Bretonia Armed Forces High Command.
[color=#33CC00]SUBJECT: [color=#FFCC00]Explanation required.

[color=#FFCC00]
Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren,

I understand that you are occupied so I will keep this short.

Yesterday, a Rheinwehr sortie in Hudson was attacked by a Liberty Navy counter strike force of the more elite sort. Allow me to transmit you some of the imagery my sensors officer collected on board my command vessel during the engagement.

[color=#33CC00]<span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%]::Uploading graphical data::

Sensor log #300

Sensor log #301

Sensor log #302

Sensor log #303

Sensor log #304

::Closing graphical data::

As you can clearly see, some of the Liberty force attacking Rheinwehr vessels were using weapons obviously of Bretonian origin, with which they caused millions of credits damage to our forces.

We would like to humbly request an explanation on the aforementioned events.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Admiral Alec Voelkel,
Oberkommando der Rheinland Militär.

Encrypting...
[color=#33CC00][font=Impact]Closing...

[color=#009900][font=Tahoma]=[[color=#33CC00]TRANSMISSION TERMINATED]=

To the Bretonian Armed Forces - beunt - 01-15-2011

[incoming transmission]
[source.....................Adm Martin Bridge, Salisbury system, battleship Harlow]
[downloading..............done]
[noise filtering............done]
[opening message]

Greetigns Admiral Voelkel.

What you witnessed is the result of a technology exchange between the Liberty Navy and our own forces. This is also a questionable misuse of those weapons. Weaponry contracts are most of the time covered and overseen by the Armaments and Munitions Licensing Office, which verify how well the applicants match some quite restrictive requirements. Among them their stance toward Liberty and the Rheinland is of critical importance, and more generally the use of Bretonian weaponry is forbidden against lawful organizations nor Houses, safe for a few exceptions including notably Kusari military and economical branches. So is the way the Kingdom of Bretonia intends to share its techology.

The Bretonia Armed Forces created a commitee to study this particular issue. Whether being toward Liberty or the Rheinland, the Crown's policy regarding commercial or military agreements always aimed to improve economical assets, insider safety, and border security, and this last point needs to be debated indeed. Regrettably there seems to be a misunderstanding regarding the desired scope of use of our equipment, which we need to rectify, as this use might be illegal by our charter.

I also recommand you to contact the government and appoint an ambassador to discuss the matter thoroughly and shed some light on this embarassing situation.

Be assured that the Bretonia Armed Forces will naturally look for you in the future admiral.

Regards,

Admiral Martin Bridge,
Bretonia Armed Forces admiralty board.

To the Bretonian Armed Forces - Sturmwind - 01-15-2011

SOURCE: [color=#FFCC00]Rheinwehr Kreuzer Seydlitz,[color=#33CC00] Hamburg System.
[color=#33CC00][font=Impact]ENCRYPTION: [color=#FFCC00][color=#FF0000]High, port RM-CH-HC-1488-VH.

[font=Verdana][color=#33CC00]SUBMITTER: [color=#FFCC00]Admiral Alec Voelkel, Rheinland Military.

[color=#33CC00]RECIPIENT: [color=#FFCC00]Admiral Martin Bridge/Bretonia Armed Forces High Command.
[color=#33CC00]SUBJECT: [color=#FFCC00]Re: Explanation required.

[color=#FFCC00]
Sehr geehrter Admiral Bridge,

While we understand that a mistake has been made, the Rheinland Military High Command will conduct a throughout investigation and hold a continued internal discussion regarding the case.

Expect a reply from us in a few days.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Admiral Alec Voelkel,

Encrypting...

To the Bretonian Armed Forces - beunt - 01-19-2011

[incoming transmission]
[source.....................Adm Martin Bridge, Salisbury system, battleship Harlow]
[downloading..............done]
[noise filtering............done]
[opening message]

Greetigns again Admiral Voelkel.

Following recent negociations between the Kingdom of Bretonia and the Republic of Liberty our respective high commands achieved a satisfying agreement for both. As a consequence the Rheinland Military will not face Bretonian technology on the battlefield anymore, and the Kingdom of Bretonia also recognize that this conflict is legal again.

I hope that this solution meets your initial request, and in turn I will ask you to close this regrettable case. From the opinion of the Bretonia Armed Forces at least, it is, and the state of our relationships toward the Rheinland Military and of the Omega treaty is of course unaltered.

Regards,

Admiral Martin Bridge,
Bretonia Armed Forces admiralty board.

[End of transmission]

To the Bretonian Armed Forces - Sturmwind - 01-20-2011

SOURCE: [color=#FFCC00]Rheinwehr Kreuzer Seydlitz,[color=#33CC00] New Berlin System.

[color=#33CC00]RECIPIENT: [color=#FFCC00]Admiral Martin Bridge/Bretonia Armed Forces High Command.
[color=#33CC00]SUBJECT: [color=#FFCC00]Re: Explanation required.

[color=#FFCC00]
Sehr geehrter Admiral Bridge,

We are glad to see that the Armed Forces and the Bretonian government commenced negotiations to keep this situation from erupting again, however you have not clarified what degree of Bretonian technology stays in Liberty employ for internal defense or other purposes.

While we understand the importance of your relations to the Republic of Liberty, we have to make the necessary steps to avoid the misuse of Rheinland technology and prevent it from getting into the hands of Liberty analyzers or users.

Until further notice, the permission for Bretonian shipping companies to export Military Vehicles is revoked. We will inform all the concerned parties about the change in policies in a timely manner in order to avoid further incidents.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Admiral Alec Voelkel,

Encrypting...

To the Bretonian Armed Forces - Dieter Schprokets - 01-21-2011

[Image: James_Layton_Ralston.jpg]

Admiral Voelkel

We have complied with your request by arranging for technology transfers to be limited to the Bretonian and Liberty Police units, not the military.

Your concern that this amounts to a technology transfer from Rheinland to Liberty is quite unfounded. If the Liberty Navy wants to examine your engine components, they can procure them easily enough, via the black market, or by examining damaged ships retrieved from the battlefield.

If this is satisfactory to you, I suggest you lift this unreasonable embargo. If you choose not to, then we will respond with an embargo of our own, beginning by barring Republican shipping from entering Bretonia.

Trusting your response will be reasonable, I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards, Fleet Admiral Ralston.

To the Bretonian Armed Forces - Sturmwind - 01-21-2011

SOURCE: [color=#FFCC00]Rheinwehr Kreuzer Seydlitz,[color=#33CC00] New Berlin System.

[color=#33CC00]RECIPIENT: [color=#FFCC00]Fleet Admiral Ralston, BAF.
[color=#33CC00]SUBJECT: [color=#FFCC00]Re: -

[color=#FFCC00]
Sehr geehrter Admiral Ralston,

Forgive me if I am wrong but I do believe you misunderstood something.

There is no embargo we wish to impose on Bretonia and definitely not on engine components. The sole good in question that we cease to supply is military vehicles which has been a restricted good so far since the shipping regulation of October 8, with Bowex and its sub-divisons being the only exception to that regulation.

The only change will be that Bowex ceases to be that exception in the future, all other cargo, including engine components are still open to trade. What happened was a minor restoration of something that had been in effect previously, due to security reasons. We can in no way let intact, operational Rheinwehr equipment get into Liberty hands.

Unreasonable it may sound, I also believe it wasn't your men who got shot down by using weaponry of a military force that was supposed to be neutral to our own. Mistake or not, it was a warning that we have to be cautious.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Admiral Alec Voelkel,

Encrypting...

To the Bretonian Armed Forces - Dieter Schprokets - 01-21-2011

[Image: James_Layton_Ralston.jpg]

Admiral Voelkel

Ah, I see

Well then, we can perhaps look forward to the day when the Bowex exemption for those restricted goods can again exist.

Perhaps when our respective wars are over. Sirius at peace. One day..

Regards, Fleet Admiral Ralston.