Discovery Gaming Community
Hello Fellow Pilots! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Hello Fellow Pilots! (/showthread.php?tid=5328)

Pages: 1 2

Hello Fellow Pilots! - NonSequitor - 01-05-2008

I've been here a few days, and I'm liking the mod so far. I appreciate the emphasis on rp. It's certainly a refreshing change of scenery for me. I'm flying with Bounty Hunter tags in the Omega-41 system at the moment. The only negative thing I can say about this mod thus far are the npcs: missions can be a real chore. The npcs twist and turn and bop and bounce in such a fashion that suggests their pilots having been swilling a good deal of paint before launch. And don't get me started about Legionnaires:shok:

I also would like some advice on ships, so please share your wisdom with me. I'm flying the Hammerhead, but I would like to progress to the next level of fighter eventually. One helpful player already suggested I save up for the Manta. It looks like a worthy ship, but the lack of hardpoints is somewhat discouraging. I am looking for something with 8 hardpoints. However, I realize that weps are only a part of the package, so if the Manta is the way to go, no problem.

See you in space!

Hello Fellow Pilots! - Eppy - 01-05-2008

Hey, mate! Glad to see somebody looking for Roleplay for once instead of another PvP whore...as for a ship with eight guns, as I remember the Crow used to have eight guns, and I know the Raven's Claw has eight...where those are found I'll let you figure out:P

If you find yourself looking for a Faction may I suggest mine? The Outcasts are currently in need of good fighter pilots, but more importantly, good Roleplayers, and since it seems to be something you enjoy, here we are, so give us a ring if you want to become a Cardamine junkie and fly a Saber...

Also (this is a Discovery tradition) I am required to inform you that we have Communist Penguins and Cannibals, namely Malaclypse. Call us weird, but hey, that's the truth:yu:

So, anyway, have fun! Seeya in space. If you can find the docking ring...

Hello Fellow Pilots! - Unseelie - 01-05-2008

Well, welcome to disco.
RP is wherever you find it....takes some to get some...
And even if you dont get it...
Its easy to create your own...
Sad that I would have to say that...but many people are fleeing to discovery from sinking mods...and many of them do not yet play a role other than [X]Fighter[X]

And, as for the 8 guns...hard to maintain weapons fire with that...
especially if you want to hit things with a mini.

Hello Fellow Pilots! - Spear - 01-05-2008

Welcome to the server and have fun, Ease yourself into it and familiarise yourself with the rules. Any problems them there are the Angels that can be found in NY or feel free to contact me in-game (LSF Liquid/ Fluid) or try one of the LPI guys, one of their main purposes is to introduce new players to the RP here and help new players. :D

Hello Fellow Pilots! - LancerZero - 01-05-2008

The Crow has six, plus a forward turret. So does the Sabre. Only the Raven's Claw has eight forward-firing weapons...but like Unselie said, you can't maintain fire for long. I'd go with a Manta instead, if I were you. Assuming you want to stick with BHG ships, that is. I've flown it before, and it is a superb fighter. Then again, a Hammerhead is more agile, and can be just as deadly in the right hands. It comes down to your personal fighting style, really: more armor and firepower, or more agility?

As for NPCs, you'll get used to 'em. Legionnaires are extremely annoying, though! XD

And, as a counter to Eppy's offer, I must of course invite you to join mine, the Red Hessian Army. Shameless plugging aside, it's always best to take a look at all available factions, and choose the one(s) you like best. There are a lot of really good RP factions around here that're suffering from having too few members; take a look around, and try browsing the message dumps; that'll help you to get a good feel for each faction's RP, status, day-to-day activity, and members.

Hello Fellow Pilots! - Marburg - 01-05-2008

I've seen you on the list a number of times, & I really dig that callsign of yours.:)

Everytime I see it, I think to myself that it would be fun to get you, me, & LH Damien together w/ 4 other people...buy a squad of Daggers, & fly as "The Seven Daggers of Megiddo"

(For those that are unfamiliar w/ 'The Omen' Megiddo was an ancient town in Italy, famous for making the 7 daggers that were created to specifically kill the antichrist)

Anyway, just thinking out loud here, 'cause I never asked before where you got your name from

Welcome to the asylum dude!...After nap-time we're all gonna have juice & windmill cookies:crazy:

Damien 'Marburg' McEwan

Hello Fellow Pilots! - galaktik - 01-05-2008

Welcome to Discovery Gaming Community:D

Best way is to have open SP and put max cash, so u can explore many ships and weapons till u find the one u like:)

Hello Fellow Pilots! - Denelo - 01-05-2008

Welcome to Discovery!

Lancer! Epy! No shameless recruiting! Or... I'll... uhh... throw pudding at you!

And you know EXACTLY what that means from ME. MUAHAHAHAHA!

Ahem. Right. Anyways.... Welcome to Disco, and it's great to see a roleplayer. Now all you have to do is go to Omicron Iota and sit right outside Planet Xerna with a hold full of Nomad equipment while the entire Keepers fleet is on!

Hah. THAT would be suicide. Anyways, have fun, and see ya in space!

Hello Fellow Pilots! - SimonBlack - 01-05-2008

So you're a Bounty Hunter too. So am I. Flying Manta myself, not too much regrets though, except for maybe agility... Browse the forum for Bounty Hunters Missions, see if you like any of them, kill the guy take the money. Easy.

Hello Fellow Pilots! - Etaphreven - 01-05-2008

Welcome to Discovery mate:).Hope you enjoy your stay here(so much that you'll never leave):P
I'd normaly invite you to my faction,but there are currently some others that are in need of members(considering that I gathered 14 members in 3 days).So check the faction status thread,see what fits you best,and if you want,join one!

Donuts anyone?