Discovery Gaming Community
Join the Liberty Rogues! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Join the Liberty Rogues! (/showthread.php?tid=5335)

Pages: 1 2 3

Join the Liberty Rogues! - Niezck - 01-05-2008

[Image: one1.png]

Rules of the Rogues

1. Discovery server rules are to be obeyed at all times, there is no excuse for not being aware of these rules. Failure to adhere to the rules will result in instant dismissal.

2. All members of the faction must be registered with the forums. They must also post regularly in the message dump.

3. RP is paramount in game. Going in with all guns blazing without a hint of RP to back it up will not be tolerated. Punishment is instant dismissal.

4. Your reputation sheet should reflect our diplomacy status. I will have no LR or DPL vessels blithely flying around Liberty without being very hostile to the local law enforcement. Punishment is one week to fix rep sheet, subsequently dismissal.

5. Ship and weapons are to match permitted lists at all times, no excuses. One day to fix, subsequently dismissal.

6. OOC bantering is severely frowned upon. If you’re discussing rules, your mothers cooking or which Power Ranger is your favorite and the text isn’t green or pink, you’re wrong. Repeated offenses will be punished by dismissal.

7. Any sanctions on your LR or DPL character and you're outta here. Simple as that.

Make sure you agree to these rules. If not, don't even bother applying.

LR Recruitment

Requirements:
-Active forum account.
-Good role-playing skills.
-Willingness to role-play a pirate.
-Good team skills.
-Ability to take orders.

Application Form: (Reply in Character)

1) Tell us of your history, briefly.
2) Why do you want to join us?
3) What can you contribute to the Liberty Rogues?
4) What ship would you eventually like to fly?
5) Have you read the rules?
6) Do you agree with the rules?
7) What is 5 + 3? (Don't ask, just answer.)

What do we offer?

[color=orange]-5m Starting Bonus (Once you achieve Rogue rank)

-Access to our well-stocked armory
-Help with the initial ship, tag and ID gathering.
-A welcoming and friendly faction.
-Every new recruit is put in a Bloodhound Light Fighter for 10 hours.

What to do when you create your character?

You will begin your training process which will result in you being of Rogue rank and being experienced in playing on the Discovery Server. You must achieve this all yourself. You will steal a ship from the Manhattan docks, buy all the equipment you will need and launch from Manhattan. You shall then be allowed to dock on Detroit Munitions with the help of our Hacker allies. Here you will buy Stunpulse guns to aid your mission. Afterwards you will gain neutral reputation toward the Rogues and go to Buffalo Base. This can be achieved by either destroying Police or DSE depots, killing Xenos or killing lawfuls. Once at Buffalo you will meet another ship in space, LR-Bank, and will gain 35,000 Sirius Credits to purchase a Bloodhound Light Fighter. If you are part of the DPL you shall go to Padua Base in Galileo and begin your missions there. If you are part of the LR you shall go to Alcatraz Depot and do the same. Once you have achieved full reputation and a Rogue tag you will return to Buffalo to buy a Rogue ID. You shall then begin your day-to-day activities for 10 hours. Once this is complete you shall screenshot it and send it to either myself or Del who will then promote you.

Once you're promoted, you will have to buy a Hyena Light Fighter on Alcatraz. After purchasing this along with necessary guns and equipment, you will once again begin day-to-day activities for 20 hours. After this time you must send a screenshot to myself or Del to be promoted and given your 5m bonus and choice of ship.

[color=red]Ships Allowed

LFs
“Bloodhound” Pirate Light Fighter (Trainee and above)
“Hyena” Pirate Light Fighter (Rookie and above)
"Dagger" Border Worlds Light Fighter (Rookie and above)
"Scimitar" Border Worlds Light Fighter (Rookie and above)
“Slip Stream” Pirate Worlds Light Fighter (Rogue and above)

HFs
"Wolfhound" Pirate Heavy Fighter (Rogue and above)
"Greyhound" Pirate Heavy Fighter (Rogue and above)

VHFs
“Werewolf” Rogue Very Heavy Fighter (Rogue and above)
“Sabre” Outcast Very Heavy Fighter (Ace and above)

Bombers
“Barghest” Pirate Bomber (Veteran and above)
“Falcata” Outcast Bomber (Veteran and above)

Gunboats
Rogue Gunboat (Upon request, special circumstances only)

Cruisers
-

Destroyers (2)
Outcast Destroyer (Graviton and Attitude.Adjuster)

Battleships
-

[color=red]DPL Recruitment

To come tomorrow.
All people wishing to join the DPL should apply to the LR instead, we need to make up numbers.

Join the Liberty Rogues! - _Boomer_ - 01-08-2008

** INCOMING TRANSMISSION **

*noise*
Hail! Is this the frequency of the Liberty Rogues?
This is Sam "Vanguard" Phoenix. I'm here because I need help.
I am working as a freelancing trader, but I have decided to try and join
the Liberty Rogues.

Recently I was stopped by Bounty Hunters who forced me to give my wife
and my daughter out. They said that if I tried to run, they'd blow my
ship up. There were two Liberty Police ships right there in sight.
They must have heard what the Bounty Hunters said over the comm system,
though they didn't get involved.

I asked a favour of some good connections I have in Liberty, and
it later turned out that the Bounty Hunters bribed the officers...

I cannot and will not trust the police anymore, I have to take matters
into my own hands.

From my job as a trader I have expert knowledge of a large range of vessels.
I can work very well in a team, any of my employees will tell you the same.
Last but not least, right now I have got nothing to lose. I will not give way
to any supposedly lawful organizations any longer.

Thank you for considering my application.
Boomer out.

** TRANSMISSION SUCCESSFUL **

Join the Liberty Rogues! - Niezck - 01-08-2008

####Incoming Transmission####

Comm ID: Alcatraz Depot
To: Boomer

Welcome to the Rogues, matey. Contact my ship, the Graviton, on a shorter-range frequency and i'll sort you out with guns, a ship and all the equipment you'll be needing.

Valdar out.

####End Transmission####

Join the Liberty Rogues! - CorrupteD - 01-08-2008

/////Incoming Transmission,Unknown location//////

Greetings.This is freelancer explorer and fighter pilot CorrupteD wishing to join the Liberty Rogues.

My history goes way back to the Omicron Gamma system,the place where i was given life to.Seeing as I got excluded from the Corsair Cartel and the Order nor the Liberty lawful sides will not accept me into their families,this was my best choice.

As being a reconaiscence unit,and a good fighter pilot,i do know some of the places which would benefit the Rogues.And wrecks ofcourse:).
And being one of the most trained corsair pilots,I'm ready to face any fighter or gunboat,you name it.

////END TRANSMISSION////

Join the Liberty Rogues! - ryudotheunborn - 01-09-2008

............eh............*noise*..........wa...................er...la...
DANG NAVY! oh there we go...!!!
Hail! This is Wolf in the Cortez System. *boom* Oh crap!
/////////////Transmission Ending/////////////////////////////

//////////Incoming //////////////////

Ok, I fix it! Hello Again. This is Wolf. I have been chase down by the navy forces
for sumggling in the ney york system. They chase me all the way here.
My ship is dead and wandings out to open space. I would love to join th LP to
get pay back on them for doing this to me!!!!!! Damn the law, and its officers.
*BOOM**noise* NOT AGAIN!

///////beacon actived/////////
///////Transmission End//////

Join the Liberty Rogues! - Niezck - 01-09-2008

To: New recruits

You have all been accepted into the ranks of the Liberty Rogues, contact my ship on short-range frequencies so that we can set you up ((in-game)).

Valdar out.

####End Transmission####

Join the Liberty Rogues! - jlaser - 01-15-2008

Hail rogues!

About the requirements:
I guess myself im average at RPing, no problems with pirating at all.
I don't think im very good at fighting yet, but i'll learn much.

History:
Kinda same history like Corrupted, when he was a good faction mate in Gamma system, and later
also in Minor. Used to pirate a lot so im skilled at pirating, myself i think my fighting skills
arent so good. I fly a fighter/bomber.
I want to join Rogues because i don't want to be a corsair anymore and lawful factions
don't want me for sure.

Thx. (name in FL: Golden.Aim)

Join the Liberty Rogues! - Niezck - 01-17-2008

To: New recruit

You have been accepted into the ranks of the Liberty Rogues, contact my ship on short-range frequencies so that we can set you up ((in-game)).

My apologies for the late reply, i have had some quite large things to deal with recently.

Valdar out.

####End Transmission####

Join the Liberty Rogues! - baboeska - 01-23-2008

Comm ID: Rochestor
To: Rogue Commander
Subject: Prospect Biographical Data

Name: [LR]Nameless (will create if cleared)

Eye COlour: Turqoise

Skin colour: Blue

Race: Genetically modified slave labour batch GE-15

Significant Features: Full Moko tattoo on face.

Strongpoints: Strong, violent, brutal.

Weakpoints: Cardamine addiction, low intellect, extreme dislike to authority.

Criminal Record (Recovered from LSF Mainframe):

Possession of Cardamine with Intent to Supply x5,
Possession of Cardamine for Personal Usage x7,
Unlawful use of a space craft x5,
Use of a space craft while intoxicated x5,
Destruction of Property x4,
Theft (Ex Spaceship) x2,
Grand Theft Spaceship x1,
Escape x1,
Resist Police x1,
Assault Police Officer x5

End of Listing.

Notes:

Criminal Record incomplete, no records prior to the great Hack, when key LSF/LP databases were purged by the Lane Hackers in retaliation for the great arrests, is believed to have committed more crimes.

Subject is currently wanted for questioning by Liberty Security Forces and Liberty Police in relationship to reported cardamine dealing on the streets of Manhattan.

Psychiatric History (Recovered from Manhattan Department of Health Mainframe during routine operations by the Lanehackers):

Unstable, prone to violence, likely to violently resist arrest, is a danger to civillians and other people, was institutionalised at the Montauk Reeducation Facility, diagnosed with schizophrenia.

Medical History (Recovered from Manhattan Department of Health Mainframe during routine operations by the Lanehackers:

Subject implanted at Montauk, reprogramming successful, implant in sinus's appears to be causing migraine headaches, no lessening of cardamine addiction. Location sensing properties of implant effective, subject not informed prior to medical procedure.
The Nomad's have taken an interest in this one, for some reason that we do not know.
Cardamine damage has caused slight neurosis, paranoia, and other symptoms.
If apprehended, recommend further medical treatment.

Educational History:
Elementary school, some secondary, no higher qualifications, is believed to have cheated on getting his Spaceship Pilot License.

Primary motivations: Regular cardamine supply.
Secondary motivations: Hates the LSF, LP, Kusari Police, Nomads

Statement from subject to covert recruiter:

I'd been using since a young age, had gotten hooked in Manhattan, got into the underworld, hung with the Red's, when the Red's got crushed by the Liberty Police I went south out of sight, Rochestor, Buffalo, got real into the Cardamine, thought I was untouchable.
I couldn't buy enough of it, needed it so bad, got the shakes if I didn't use it, the Rogue's and the Hacker's must have made a fortune out of me and I always needed more.
Ended up needing some so bad that I busted up a police supply depot for loot to buy more, but the LS saw me, I resisted violently, then they caught me and forced me into "rehabilitation," reprogrammed me.
While I was in there I saw Nomad's standing over me, talking to the medical staff, but I saw it like a dream, because noone even knows whata a Nomad looks like and noone believes me when I say it, they all think I'm crazy, but the rumours about alaska are true, and if the LSF won't stop them, we have to.
I've got these weird marks on my neck, and the headaches that happen now are like hell on earth.
After that, they threw me into the jail system, big penalty for trashing the LPI's depot.
I lucked out while in prison, talked to 'The Don of Cellblock 8', he recommended a good lawyer and I'm out now, freed by the appeals court on a technicality, and now I'm looking for work.
So I was thinking about what to do, I had a grudge against the Bounty Hunters since way back, a mate crossed someone and got squashed by them, and the LSF had just busted me, I couldn't get a job cleaning the sludge tanks on Pittsburgh because of my record, I wasn't smart enough with computers to join the Lane Hackers, I'd built up a rep for piracy in Asian space so Kusari hated me, I didn't speak German but otherwise the Bundschuh were cool, but most of all, I wanted more cardamine, and to get cardamine in Manhattan, you gotta hang with the Rogue's.

So, the neural damage from the cardamine's started to kick in, and I'm getting just stupid enough to think I can roll with the Rogue's, am I in?

Conclusions:
Viable recruit.

Current callsign: Pedro_The_Black
If I become a LR it'd probably be [LR]Nameless

####End Transmission####

Um yeah I'd like to join the Liberty Rogues and engage in lots of mayhem in Manhattan. I live in NZ, and like Freelancer and just recently started playing Discovery RP. Should be fun tho:)

Join the Liberty Rogues! - Spoofer - 01-26-2008

After finding himself in Liberty space after the critical life-changing intervju that straight in life once again (ooc: proved to be a dead faction.), Spoofer looked around for something a little more to his taste. As he was once a smuggler and cardamine trader in rheinland, he thought to himself; "I wonder who the dealers are here in Liberty".. He landed on Manhattan in his starflier and looked around, but there was none to be seen..

Thinking to himself "I might as well make some credits while I look for them", he set out to buy a frighter, that he used to tour Passengers in New Berlin, and bring diamonds back to Manhattan in their stead. It was a lucerative busnis, but he eventually got very bored with it. "Lucky I didn't take that damn boring trader job for RepEx. I'm a free man! I want to be free! And the police cannot be trusted either. I can see the look on their faces saying "freggin outlaw!" when I show them my card..."

A little while later, when landing on Manhattan again, he saw what looked like a dealer. He went forth to him, saying:
"Ey.."
"Need something?"
"What do you have for me?"
"The usual"
Recognicing all of this from his own days of dealing, he instantly saw his chance to get things in motion.
"That's cool stuff. But today I'm looking for your help... Here's my card *hands it over* Got a job for me?"
"I see you have experience.. I will set you up for a meeting with a higher rank over the intercom."
"Great."
"You can reach him on this *shows a note* frequency in 2h. That's your chance. Gotta' split now."
"Take care."

-- Two hours later in the secure channel intervju, answering questions --
I can actually do pretty much everything except trading. I'm new to Liberty (ooc translation: disc.), but I have quite the experience with Rheinland space (ooc translation: org. fl), so being your guide there is no problem. I also have extensive piloting experience, and I've worked as a dealer for quite some years back in Rheinland. Another good thing about me is that I am very loyal. I will not just go off running away after one wave of enemies, if you require me to stay. I'm very good at taking and also following orders. You tell me what to do, and I get it done for you- more or less the more dangerus, the better.
I'd sincerly like to join your faction, since you fit in perfectly in what I need right now- to be with the likes of me.

OOC:
You probably have a hard time following my characted description here, as it is a follow-up on what i wrote in the RepEx reqruit channel (my introduction. As I am not likely to write more char intros after this one (I tend to stick to one character in role playing games), i thought it unneccessary to rewrite a full copy of it to make it fit in context here, and instead, I got the idea to fill in the "time after" for you with enough relevant info for you to make a decition about it. Hope to hear from you again. I usually don't talk this much ooc either -.-