Discovery Gaming Community
OPEN AGAIN! - Independent Miners Guild Recruitment channel - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Inter-House (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+----- Forum: IMG| (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=89)
+----- Thread: OPEN AGAIN! - Independent Miners Guild Recruitment channel (/showthread.php?tid=53387)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Independent Miners Guild Recruitment channel (iRP) - Jack_Henderson - 06-15-2011

**** INCOMING TRANSMISSION ****

**** SENDER: [color=#FFCC99]Samuel Degenhardt, IMG| Director of Trade

**** TO: [color=#FFCC99]Applicants

**** ENCRYPTION: HIGH *****
**** VOICE ENABLED ****
**** VIDEO UPLINK ENABLED ****

** C O N N E C T I N G ** ** ** ** C O N N E C T I N G ** ** ** ** C O N N E C T I N G **

[Image: samuel.jpg]

** CONNECTION ESTABLISHED SUCCESSFULLY **
[font=Fixedsys]

Hello, dear Mr. George Ashbry

Mr. George Ashbry, I think the IMG can give you what you are looking for: a steady income in exchange for honest work. Nothing as exciting as your time in the Armed Forces, but for sure not that dangerous, too. I know what it means to have a family and to spend part of each day out in space, in constant danger. The IMG does its best to make sure you return in the evening, unscathed. And if you want to add your experience and your skills to our Guild, I am in full support. Proceed to the next IMG station for the rest of the paperwork. Congratulations, Mr. Ashbry.

Good luck!

Samuel Degenhardt
IMG Director

-------------------------------------------------------------------

[color=#FF9900]//A bit of OORP:

> add "kuscheliger_schmusehase", "eco.nick.al" and "ravensshade" to Skype and drop us a line, so we can add you to the IMG| channel and help you find your way.

> You will be given more instructions in the Skype channel

> And, really important: Play by the rules, always roleplay, be nice and enjoy your time in IMG| =)

[font=Fixedsys][color=#CCFFFF]*** TRANSMISSION STANDBY FOR ANSWER ***

Independent Miners Guild Recruitment channel (iRP) - img.kent - 06-22-2011

' Wrote:
[Image: 264px-ImgLogo.png]

Independent Miners Guild Recruiting Now!

Are you a hard and devoted worker, struggling to survive in the midst of unreliable political and economic situations, or even under corrupt corporations? Are you an adventurer, seeking to search out the unknown? Or are you a stalwart protector of the innocent, a defender of the common man or woman just trying to make ends meet and perhaps support their family?

If you answered "yes" to any of those questions, then the Independent Miners Guild needs you.

As a guild, IMG is an association of professionals from various areas of expertise. These individuals have come together in order to build a livlihood for themselves and their families. In the process, Guild has become in many ways Community. We work together and we refine each other's skills. If you are interested in such an organization, then we invite you to apply.

If for some reason we reject your application, we recommend you to apply for ICMG by following this link
[color=#66FFFF]
Positions open for recruitment

We currently have openings for the following positions:
'€¢ Trade Department
'€¢ Defence Department
'€¢ Mining Department
'€¢ Exploration/Research
Please note that you can only pick one department, in the beginning.
Application Template

The following template can help you submit all the necessary information about yourself. However it's use remains mandatory. Here are some links which can help you learn more about us:

Code:
Primary Information:

[color=#FFFFFF]Name[/color]: [i](Kent)[/i]
[color=#FFFFFF]Age[/color]: [i](30)[/i]
[color=#FFFFFF]Citizenship[/color]: [i](Bretonia)[/i]

[color=#FFFFFF]Biography[/color]: [i](Sam Kent son of Edward Kent and Patricia Kent. He was born at Planet Leeds 30 years ago at 22nd of June. With the age of 27 he has taken the degree of Master, at the University of Leeds, about Geological matters at space. This graduated area includes all a miner needs, including piloting of mining ships, fighters and transports. After being graduated he traveled to Dublin, where he stayed until last week, mining gold ore, trading it, and doing valuable missions to the Independent Miners Guild. After that, he was rewarded with the Independent Miners Guild Guard ID. He is now the Owner of 5 ships. One gunboat Hydra equiped with five IMG Gunboat turrets and a a Gunboat razor, a Zephyr carrier, one stork transport and 2 mining ships. )[/i]
Secondary Information:

[color=#FFFFFF]Outline the Independent Miners Guild goals:[/color] [i](Trading, defending, mining, exploring)[/i]

[color=#FFFFFF]What can you contribute while inside the Guild ?[/color]  [i](I can contribute at all areas of the IMG)[/i]

[color=#FFFFFF]Which are your personal reasons for joining the Guild ? Also, which IMG Department would you like to be part of ?[/color] [i](Only united the miners can face the increasing of hostility at Sirius and Galia. All departments of IMG are aceptable to me.) [/i]
OORP Information:

[color=#FFFFFF]Please provide your Skype ID:[/color] [i](img.kent)[/i]

[color=#FFFFFF]How long do you play in the server? Have you ever been of other player factions?[/color] [i](Some weeks ago. I never  have been in other official player factions, but i had the experience of being part of liberty navy, and zoners guard)[/i]

[color=#FFFFFF]Have you ever been sanctioned? If yes, please provide links to all your sanctions:[/color] [i](No)[/i]
How to advance from the Recruit Level

Once you are accepted in the a Department of the IMG, a Guild Master will contact you and will let you choose between 3 recruit ships. Note that IMG recruits are not allowed to use the IMG| tag in the other IMG ships they might have in their possession.
The currently available ships are:

For the Trade Department:
'€¢ Percheron (designed for Dublin - Note that you cannot lawfully enter Kusari with it)
'€¢ Albatross (designed for Tau-23)
'€¢ Dromedary (designed for Dublin)

For the Defence Department:
'€¢ Nyx (designed for Tau-23)
'€¢ Raven's Talon (designed for Dublin)
'€¢ Eagle (designed for Dublin)

For the Mining Department:
'€¢ Hegemon (designed for Dublin)
'€¢ Hegemon (designed for Tau-23)
'€¢ Mafic (designed for Dublin)

When we use the word "designed for Dublin" we refer that the ship has good reputation with the Mollys and the Dublin System is also charted, while when we say "designed for Tau-23" we mean that the Taus are charted so it is appropriate to use these ships in their intended areas.

Furthermore, all recruit ships have the [R] tag which distinguishes them from the rest. While on the recruit level, you will be granted access to the IMG Skype Communications and your aim will be to work with other IMG employees. Afterwards, you should report your work in the Guild Comms. When you reach a total of 3 reports in the Guild Comms, a Guild Master will evaluate your reports and will decide whether you are suitable to become a full fledged IMG member or not.

If you are successful, you are able to add the IMG| tag to your ships and add them here in order to be enlisted in the faction roster. Also, you are obliged to return the [R] ship you were granted in the recruit level back to leadership in order to be used for future recruits.

Note that you are not allowed to change anything on the ship's equipment and reputation while under your control. The money you made while using it, you are of course able to keep them. If you have any question, you are more than welcomed to make in the IMG Skype Communications.
Good Luck, future IMG Employee !

Independent Miners Guild Recruitment channel (iRP) - Rockrama - 06-23-2011

---INCOMING TRANSMISSION---

---NETWORK ESTABLISHED---

---SENDING TRANSMISSION---

[font=Verdana]SUBJECT: [color=#33FF33]Indepenent Miners Guild Application

ID:

[font=Century Gothic][color=#FFFFCC]Name: [color=#FFFF66]Axel Zimmermann Fruehauf

Birth: [color=#FFFF66] October 23rd, 792 AS (25 years old)

Born: Planet Stuttgart, Derek City

Citizenship: Rheinland
[font=Times new roman]

I am the third born son of Günter Fruehauf, a retired Rheinland Federal Polizei officer. Ever since I was born my father taught me and my brothers how to handle a ship. We spent hours in simulators learning how to fly a basic '€˜'€™one '€“ man'€™'€™ shuttle when we were young. Eventually we learned how to fly bigger ships. My brothers became more and more fond to the '€˜'€™Fatherland'€™'€™ and began to woe their lives to it. My oldest brother became an officer in the Rheinland Federal Polizei while my other brother joined the Rheinland Military.

During my childhood I listened to my grandfather Arnold Fruehauf, a former miner and explorer in the Independent Miners Guild. He told me about secrets lurking in Sirius'€™ darkest corners. He had become a witness to magnificent nebulas, vast ships and the greed that have killed his co '€“ workers during his time in the IMG. As a miner he became wealthier each day and made his family rich. As time passed by he retired and moved back to Rheinland.

I fell in love with my grandfather's stories and adventures. The life in Rheinland was overwhelming with politicians and new laws Rheinland made to fund their army, not only that but the increase in crime lately in Rheinland made life in the ''Fatherland'' a living nightmare. In the end I realized that I had to join the Independent Miners Guild if I was to follow the footsteps of my ancestors (more than just my grandfather had been a miner).

My knowledge about the IMG's goals are that they will primarily secure any independent miner by defending them at all cost. They also explore Sirius to find systems with rich fields of ore or to find systems which can become a safe haven for independent miners. Since the IMG usually fights pirates and unlawfuls in Sirius in order to protect fellow miners and traders they must also have the right ship technology to use, so I believe the IMG requires engineers to keep their ships up to date.

To the Guild I would like to contribute my life to the Independent Miners Guild. I believe that I am a decent fighter pilot since my father trained up me and my brothers since we were children. During my time in Rheinland I was a ship engineer, I know how to construct essensial ship parts (shields, thrusters, cruise engines and handling systems) although I have never participated in making anything for the use of war (gunboats, bombers, VHFs, guns etc..) Other than that I do have some experience in mining as it has been a hobby for me some years now.

The Defense Department seems to be the most reasonable department to join, since my biggest reason to join the IMG is to ensure the safety to fellow miners and traders. The reason why is that we live in dangerous times. House Spaces are in a war with eachother plus the IMG is also included in one of these wars. The chances for a random encounter of a pirate has increased tremendesly. Other than that I am more than willing to join exploring Sirius. Beyond that a man needs to do something for a living, and doing some mining once in a while would probably keep me from going broke.

[font=Arial][color=#FF6600]---TRANSMISSION OVER---

[color=#FFCCFF]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OORP:

[color=#FFFF66][font=Times New Roman][color=#000000]1. Skype Username: [color=#33FF33]Feenorn

2. I recently came back to Discovery. Last time I played Discovery were months ago. Back then I had been/was a part: of the Zoner Defense Force, Order - Cerberus and Nature's Last Hope. I've also been an indie in a lot of factions. Right now I don't play Discovery a lot since meanwhile I'm in one group and that's a Bounty Hunters Guild group.

3. Nope, I've never been sanctioned.

Independent Miners Guild Recruitment channel (iRP) - Jack_Henderson - 06-23-2011

**** VOICE ENABLED ****

** C O N N E C T I N G ** ** ** ** C O N N E C T I N G ** ** ** ** C O N N E C T I N G **

[font=Fixedsys]

Hello, dear Mr. Axel Zimmermann Fruehauf, I can keep this short, I think. We want you. Your skills will contribute to the Guild's wellbeing and your experience in the Rheinland region can prove useful in our Omega efforts. Proceed to the next IMG base to get introduced in the recent IMG diplomacy and do the rest of the paper work.

Good luck!

Samuel Degenhardt
IMG Director

> add "kuscheliger_schmusehase", "eco.nick.al" and "ravensshade" to Skype and drop us a line, so we can add you to the IMG| channel and help you find your way.

> And, really important: Play by the rules, always roleplay, be nice and enjoy your time in IMG| =)

Independent Miners Guild Recruitment channel (iRP) - Jack_Henderson - 06-24-2011

**** VOICE ENABLED ****

[font=Fixedsys]

Dear Mr. Kent, sorry for the delay. Your message was hard to find in a heap of other messages. You seem to be a very motivated applicant and you already possess a wide variety of IMG ships. You have been accepted into the IMG| trainee programme, as you are a rather new pilot. Please report to the next IMG base for further instructions.

Good luck!

Samuel Degenhardt
IMG Director

Independent Miners Guild Recruitment channel (iRP) - Jack_Henderson - 06-27-2011

//wrong thread. Meh. Sorry.

Independent Miners Guild Recruitment channel (iRP) - jnsereno - 06-27-2011

##### INCOMING TRANSMISSION ######
COMM ID: gj#123456
TO: IMG Recruitment Center

[Image: gellyjakob.png]

Howdy fellas, "Gelly" Jakob here.

Ah was passin' by th' job board back in old Leeds t'other day an' sar yo' were recruitin'. Now, ah's not th' type thet comes baggin' fo' a job an' ennythin', but ah kind of need th' money right now, an' yo' folks appeared jest in time!
Now, yo' said ah need t'provide yo' wif some info'mashun about who ah's an' whut ah did in th' past an' thass fine. Jest promise me sumpin, doesn't publish this hyar in th' Neural Net ok? Yo' nevah knows whut kind of buggers is stalkin' on yo'!

Quote:Primary Information:

Name: "Gelly" Jakob
Citizenship: Bretonia

Biography: Righ' so I was born an' raised in a minin' community back in old Leeds, some time ago, I's not good with the math. Now, bein' born an' raised in a minin' community whar all yer friends an' fambly is wawkin' in th' mines, yo' doesn't got much of a choice 'cept t'wawk in th' mines yo'seff, right? Right!

Ah began mah wawk at th' mines when ah was 15 years old, as mah Pappy's assistant in th' old Iridium mines. Thet was on over 30 years ago eff'n ah remember. But thet warn't pow'ful mah dream job, right, on account o' whut ah pow'ful wanted t'do was t'fly mah own minin' ship, instead of wawkin' in th' filthy mines operatin' minin' machines.

By th' time ah was 20 years old ah had gathard inough money t'buy a goddadburn minin' ship! Fry mah hide! Th' old Dacite sarved me fine fo' at least 20 years wifout bustin' down on me a sin'le time! ah used t'mine a diffrunt field ev'ry week wif fear of them pirates findin' out mah locashun an' robbin' me of mah ship. ah managed t'do so fo' a spell, but pirates is sumpin yo' kin't avoid, they allus ketch up t'yo'.

One day while returnin' home wif a ship full of o'e, three rats surroun'ed mah ship threathin' me of death eff'n ah didn't gave them all mah o'e. Now, ah had no choice but t'give them all mah arnin's. Thet's fine, only a day's wawk wasted, cuss it all t' tarnation. Th' problem was, this hyar kepp happenin' t'me almost ev'ry day, t'th' point mah arnin's c'dn't even pay fo' th' fuel an' ship repairs. ah had t'requess debts jest t'keep mah ship in business but no matter whut route ah w'd take t'them minin' fields, th' pirates were allus thar! Fry mah hide!

So, th' bills kepp pillin' up t'th' point ah had t'sold mah ship jest t'pay some of them, dawgone it. I've been outta wawk fo' a year now, livin' of th' we'fare of others.

Now, ah may be dumb, but ah's not dumb inough t'let an oppo'tunity like th' one yer givin' me hoof it to waste. ah's hankerin' t'wawk fo' yo', an' ah will does whutevah it takes fo' yo' t'consider mah applicashun.

Secondary Information:

Outline the Independent Miners Guild goals: ah unnerstan' thet yer tryin' t'stay away fum th' co'po'ashuns grip by stayin' independant. Yer tryin' t'create an independant minin' community thet offers proteckshun t'it's wawkers, an' let me tell yo', i pow'ful appreesheeate whut yer doin'.

What can you contribute while inside the Guild ? ah have on over 30 years of experience in th' minin' field, hell, i even wawked in th' groun' mines, minin' whut ah c'd wif a dadburn pneumatic hammer! Eff'n thet don't count fo' ennythin'...

Which are your personal reasons for joining the Guild ? Also, which IMG Department would you like to be part of ? fine, bein' a miner ah guess ah's hankerin' t'join yer minin' department an' fly one of yer hedgemons.

OORP Information:

Please provide your Skype ID: joao-sereno, though I may change it some time in the future, since I also use it for work.

How long do you play in the server? Have you ever been of other player factions? I've been playing for quite some time now. I take the occasional break sometimes. I would say I have about 6 months of playtime in Disco. I was part of the Order and the Gaians before I took a break some time ago.

Have you ever been sanctioned? If yes, please provide links to all your sanctions: Yes, I was. Two times actually. the first when I first started playing, broke a rule of engagement, though in RP, some people thought it was bad RP. Got my guns fined. The second time for not paying a debt in full. I had the money ready for payment but it slipped my mind completely, since I wasn't playing disco anymore (took a 4 month break). Account banned for 7 days I think. I only got it back once i returned 4 months later.

Independent Miners Guild Recruitment channel (iRP) - Optimus-Prime - 06-28-2011

*****Message deletes*****

Independent Miners Guild Recruitment channel (iRP) - Jack_Henderson - 06-28-2011

**** VOICE ENABLED ****

[font=Fixedsys]

Dear Mr. "Gelly" Jacob, your application is accepted. Please be advised not to go to Hood as we tell people normally but to Cardiff. Security issues forced IMG to cease mining in Dublin temporarily.

Dear [color=#FF9900]Mr. Johnny Rico
, I regret to inform you that the information you filled in is not complete enough to accept you into the Guild. Please fill all the wanted information as stated on page one of the application thread. When you have done this, your application will be looked at again. Thank you, Sir.

Good luck!

Samuel Degenhardt
IMG Director

//A bit of OORP:

Independent Miners Guild Recruitment channel (iRP) - Optimus-Prime - 06-29-2011

Primary Information:

Name: (Johnny Rico)
Citizenship: (liberty)

Biography:Born on Manhattan living my life mainly as an junker hauling scrap
between Bretonia, Liberty, Rheinland and the Borderworlds. I tried out in my younger days in the armed forces fleet, but due to the fact that I was never a bright fighter pilot, I never made it higher than the rank of Ensign. So I left the armed forces to live my life the way I wanted it. My navigating skills got better and better, as I learned new tips from other traders, and I also learnt how to manage with all the piracy out there. My wife and 2 kids will be coming withme to the area of work where the IMG seeit to use me.

Secondary Information:

Outline the Independent Miners Guild goals: (the goals of the img are to make mining safer for all)

What can you contribute while inside the Guild ? (i am a hard worker so i will me a good miner/trader)

Which are your personal reasons for joining the Guild ? Also, which IMG Department would you like to be part of ? (i wish to join the IMG to be part of the mining community)

OORP Information:

Please provide your Skype ID: johnny.rico5

How long do you play in the server? Have you ever been of other player factions? (i have played on the server for a bout 2 years now and i have been a member of IC and .:j:.

Have you ever been sanctioned? If yes, please provide links to all your sanctions: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...63518&st=10