Discovery Gaming Community
docking to trade line during fight - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: docking to trade line during fight (/showthread.php?tid=5369)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

docking to trade line during fight - Bushido - 01-07-2008

Hello,

I'd like a clarification on this rule :

"5.8 If a player engages cruise engine or docks during a PvP fight, this player is considered fleeing. The fleeing player must not enter the system where the fight took place with any of the characters on his/her account(s) while the enemy (player or players involved in the fight) remains in the system, but no more than 4 hours.

However, the fleeing player can re-engage at will if chased."

Is this rules valid only when you try to dock to a planet or a base or is it also valid for jump hole and trade lane ?

Let's say I'm a merchant, pirates try to hunt me and I want to escape, can I use the trade lane or jump hole in order to join a police station or will it be considered as a violation of the rules ?

docking to trade line during fight - Epholl - 01-07-2008

Violation of server rules would be if you run (dock on a base, lane, hole, gate..anything) and then come back to attackers and attack them... However if they are following and attack you for example after you undock, firing back on them is not a violation of rules.

docking to trade line during fight - Jinx - 01-07-2008

docking on a lane is not cruiseing away for sure - but the intention is certainly to get away as fast as possible, hence its running away / retreat. a jumphole is about the same - that is of course always only in effect when there was a fight anyway.

i would ( personally ) make exceptions for traders - cause sometimes they fire a few shots and then try to get away via a lane. to consider them fleeing and "not to return 4 hours long" is a bit harsh. but when its a fighter / or areal fight has happened, then the rule is in effect.

again, i d see the rules rather to support fluent gameplay than hinder player just for the sake of it.

docking to trade line during fight - crateria - 01-07-2008

It is valid for every means of escape.

But if you are a merchant (Trader) and you are being chased by a pirate you are allowed to do what you will to escape as you are not in a PVP fight (Unless you turn around and start trying to pummel him). You may Dock, undock and continue to trade.
When I say you are not in a PVP I mean you are in a Pirate situation.. A little bit different

As a trader only wants to get from base to base, it is only natural that he wants to keep moving as fast as possible.
The only time a trader has to obey the not entering system rule is if he dies

The only time a trader is allowed to "F1" from a Pirate is if he is docked at a Friendly base. (Not in space)

Hope this helps
If anything is incorrect here please correct it

Edit: My signature shows my feelings on this.. Only if you die are you to Keep Away

docking to trade line during fight - Bushido - 01-07-2008

' Wrote:that is of course always only in effect when there was a fight anyway.

Do you means that if I try to escape without firing a single shot It's ok ?

I mean if not my only possibility are or to fight untill death (me or the pirate but probably me) or to pay.

What a "good" (in the RP meaning) merchant shall do if attacked by the pirates ?

EDIT : thanks crateria, its cristal clear, I'm allowed to escape if I'm not fighting back.

' Wrote:EDIT : thanks crateria, its cristal clear, I'm allowed to escape if I'm not fighting back.

When I say not fighting back I mean, You can fire a few shoots. Even shoot to kill as long as you don't go all out...

(If you are in something faster than a transport with guns. Then start using engine kill etc.. That is what I mean by "All out")

docking to trade line during fight - Vape - 01-07-2008

ok i want some clarification on something that happened yesterday
ok so im flying to westpoint during the order/corsair occupation and i run into a BS a crusier and praetorian. i fired on the praetorian with my shield busters, missed and decided to make a tactical retreat. I was shot in the back by the corsairs just as i was engaging a tradelane.

' Wrote:ok i want some clarification on something that happened yesterday
ok so im flying to westpoint during the order/corsair occupation and i run into a BS a crusier and praetorian. i fired on the praetorian with my shield busters, missed and decided to make a tactical retreat. I was shot in the back by the corsairs just as i was engaging a tradelane.

Well, First we would need to know what ship and Id you had at the time...

But I think this rule may help:
Quote:5.4 Attacking characters of level 29 and below is prohibited. Characters under level 30 can be attacked only (1) if grouped with another character of level 30 or higher, (2) if spotted on site of a clan battle, and (3) by players of level 29 or lower.
The rule is about under lv pilots but is valid for all

Hope this helps

docking to trade line during fight - bus - 01-07-2008

Just to clear it up a little bit, you can always try to flee no matter what is going on. Also the pirates can always shoot at you, even if you're trying to flee. What the rules say is that if you fled from a battle, you should not return to the same system for the next 4 hours / while those pirates stay in the system, nothing else.

A good RP solution to being stopped by a pirate is
a) destroy him if he's obviously weaker than you
b) call for help or flee if there's a good chance that you will escape (police is nearby, the pirate accidentially hits a big asteroid, gets in fight with NPCs or something similar)
c) pay the ransom
d) let him destroy your ship if what he asks for is more than your ship ship and your cargo is worth (why would I want to pay that much? Duh...) *

* You don't die, you escape in your escape pod, so it's not a matter of life and death... the way I see it anyway.

docking to trade line during fight - Jinx - 01-07-2008

when it comes to self defense - a serious engagement happened when ones shields are lowered by 50% or more. - now that rule refers to "shooting at so. for fun" rather than describing an engagement.

when a pirate shoots at a trader, its allready an engagement when the first shot hits. when a trader shoots at a pirate .... well, i wouldn t count it as a serious engagement, depending on the situation. when the pirate flys a gunboat, a train will hardly count as "engaging" the pirate - but the train will not re-engage anyway after he got away.

however, when the pirate uses ... a patriot, a train shooting at it will count very much like an engagement, prolly even if the train misses.

what a "good" merchant does - is down to the merchants RP. the common merchant will focus on getting first his life, secondly his goods to the destination - retribution and killing pirates singlehandedly is prolly somewhere waaay behind those ambitions.

but someone might aswell play a hardened war veteran, now earning his peaceful life as a trader. such a trader might well try to take the pirate out, even personally. in x.83 the containertransport with its 12 turrets was able to give a pirate a VERY hard time ( with 12 marsflyer or 12 salamanca II turrets ) - but if its good RP is down to the character him/herself.