Discovery Gaming Community
A message to the Hellfire Legion - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: A message to the Hellfire Legion (/showthread.php?tid=53901)

A message to the Hellfire Legion - Shagohad - 01-27-2011

SENDER: The Appolonian Wight
We have met before, dear Legionnaires. I am the current handler of the Metropolis. After flying about with you and observing the Neural Net, I would like to ask a little favor of you and in return ask a favor of me. I will not disclose anything, but I do desire to know if you do in fact wish to hear of my little idea.

I look forward to a favorable message.

:MESSAGE END:

A message to the Hellfire Legion - Taneru - 01-27-2011

[Image: hfmarkson.png]

The Metropolis is still active?
Huh.

Alright, I'll bite. What is it you want?

[Image: commfinisher.png]

A message to the Hellfire Legion - Shagohad - 01-27-2011

I want two things: A place to lay low. Since she was constructed at Phoenix Shipyards, I believe that that is where she should return for a refit and a calibration of sensors and equipment.

The second thing that I require is information. The way I see it, you and the Lane Hackers are the most technologically endowed factions in the entirety of Sirius. So what information could I require? Proof that the Junkers of Liberty are still the smarmy and black handed criminals that they always are and always will be. If you give me the evidence, I will make sure none of this can be traced back to you.

The second one is more of a request than an actual part of the deal. Now I await what you want from me.

A message to the Hellfire Legion - Taneru - 02-04-2011

[Image: hfmarkson.png]

You know, generally, the way these things usually work is you offer us something we're interested in before making requests...

But, let's see if we can come to an arrangement.

First of all, if you want parts, I want someone watching over them and your ship. In exchange for access to refit facilities, you will agree to accept the stationing of a Legion liaison officer on-board your ship to act as an observer. If that's not possible, then a 'watchdog' AI program.

As for the information, I want something similar from you. Complete sensor logs of any vessels you come across that are carrying illegal cargo. Cardamine, munitions, slaves, the whole works. I want to know transponders, ship types, equipment loadouts, full cargo data, locations, their points of origin, destinations. Anything and everything you can get on them.

Is this agreeable?

[Image: commfinisher.png]

A message to the Hellfire Legion - Shagohad - 02-04-2011

The second one is something that I can agree on. A very easy task, if there ever was one.

As for the first thing, that's where we're going to have some trouble. I'm not too fond of having people on this ship. Call me paranoid, but there is data here that I'm not quite comfortable with sharing with anyone. So instead of a direct observer, I'd rather have an indirect tracker. You can bug the hull if you like to see where I am, but a 24/7 leash is something I will never agree to.