Discovery Gaming Community
To: Rheinland Military HQ - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Rheinland Military HQ (/showthread.php?tid=54199)

Pages: 1 2

To: Rheinland Military HQ - Curios - 02-01-2011

:: CHANNEL OPEN ::

ID: Bounty Hunters Guild, Troy O'Neill

[Image: badassk.png]

:: MESSAGE BODY ::

[font=Book Antiqua]

Howdy there. Let me please introduce myself - name's Troy O'Neill, I'm Bounty Hunter of our glorious guild *giggles*, anyway, i'm here not to waste yer time dear sirs. I was lookin' for some kind of weapon to use on my AP-18100 manty after i got bored and tired of buckshots, so i runned through the weapon charts and decided to came to you with that kind of request.

I'm up to gain access to:

5x R7-n "Hornviper" Rheinland Tachyon Cannon Mk II
1x R7-n "Hornviper" Rheinland Tachyon Turret Mk II

Vessel name'll be: BHG|Gelatinous.Duck

Those i'll use to keep cleanin' the houses as i was doing before. I'm looking forward for your approval of this.

With regards.

/Sigend Troy O'Neill of the Hunters Guild

:: CHANNEL CLOSED ::

To: Rheinland Military HQ - Sturmwind - 02-01-2011

=[[color=#33CC00]INCOMING TRANSMISSION]=

SOURCE: [color=#FFCC00]Rheinwehr Korvette Hansa,[color=#33CC00] Frankfurt System.
[color=#33CC00][font=Impact]ENCRYPTION: [color=#FFCC00]Medium, port RM-NVA-56-91.

[color=#33CC00][font=Impact]Receiving...
[color=#33CC00][font=Impact]Decrypting...
[color=#33CC00][font=Impact]Opening...
[Image: mauser.png]

[font=Verdana][color=#33CC00]SUBMITTER: [color=#FFCC00]Major Philip Mauser, Rheinland Military.

[color=#33CC00]RECIPIENT: [color=#FFCC00]Troy O'Neill, Bounty Hunters Guild.
[color=#33CC00]SUBJECT: [color=#FFCC00]Re: Tech.

[color=#FFCC00]
Herr O'Neill,

Truth to be told we never heard of you until two days ago, since when you have made a few impressive kills.

So did a lot of other Bounty Hunters, but as you can see none of them are seen flying around with Rheinwehr technology. What makes you any more special than the others operating in the area? Why should the Rheinwehr command consider your request to begin with?

Signed,

Major Philip Mauser,
16. Kriegsmarine-Division,
Rheinwehr Hauptflotte.

Encrypting...
[color=#33CC00][font=Impact]Closing...

[color=#009900][font=Tahoma]=[[color=#33CC00]TRANSMISSION TERMINATED]=

[font=Book Antiqua]

I understand your point herr Mauser, but we are Bounty Hunters, we are always looking for the way to do our job better. Like all other professionals, different pilots uses different "tools" to achieve the best result. We are always looking for new methods and weapons, new tactics and new equipment.

Criminals are not standing still and we have to be a one feet forward to keep them pinned and to handle with new threats they are giving to civil community every day.

The refire rates, damage output, energy use. Those parameters of your perfect Hornys are fitting my flight style very well. I'm currently depend on some expensive prototypes, can't say they are very useful when hessian trying to safe his ass with running to one of their asteroid outposts.

Military and police will feel a bit better if hunters will be able to intercept and destroy those odds on the range from traders, military objects and civilian stations. Thus we'll benefit both of us.

Of cause, as a bounty hunters, we are not getting involved into any wars and such, our duty is to clean up the "trash", you can be sure that those weapons will not get into wrong hands or will be used not properly.

With regards.

SOURCE: [color=#FFCC00]Rheinwehr Korvette Hansa,[color=#33CC00] Frankfurt System.
[color=#33CC00][font=Impact]ENCRYPTION: [color=#FFCC00]Medium, port RM-NVA-56-91.

[font=Verdana][color=#33CC00]SUBMITTER: [color=#FFCC00]Major Philip Mauser, Rheinland Military.

[color=#FFCC00]
All that is understandable and appreciated, however it is not the lack of trust or being afraid that the equipment we give out would get into the wrong hands, the problem is more that there is hardly any surplus of Rheinland weaponry. After all, we do have a war to fight as an addition to performing internal security tasks. So if we give you permission to mount some of our Hornvipers, we need to have a reason to give it to you specifically and not to other bounty hunters or mercenaries, whom we are unable to arm even in exchange of payment.

For starters, do you consider yourself more efficient than some others of your trade?

Signed,

Major Philip Mauser,
Rheinwehr Hauptflotte.

Encrypting...

[font=Book Antiqua]

Herr Mauser, I sure we can discuss the terms that will give us all what we wanted to have. I can't speak for others and i can't tell you that I'm best, of cause it'll not be true, there is always the "bigger fish". But I'm also not that bad to end up floating dead in some asteroid field, so you'll be happy to see some more pirates to fall off from your engineer's piece of art.
Anyway, I'm sure i can found the production of additional amount of those guns in order to avoid shortages for your own pilots.

But I have only my ship and my contracts, so i'll not be able to pay a full packed squadron *chuckles*

With regards.

[color=#FFCC00]
Funds are not really the issue. Resources, manpower and the amount of time invested into producing weaponry is more the problem, considering the current stance of things. If we lose a set of weapons, it takes a lot of material and effort to replace it, that is why we are reluctant on giving them away, even in exchange of credits.

Losing some weapons is bad, but losing more of them is worse, especially without compensation. That is war, losing material and manpower without compensation but if we keep losing it against the same targets, it is even worse.

We have a list of some ships that are known to be a pain for Rheinwehr patrols. You are a bounty hunter, judging by the work of the past two days, a decent one at that. The task should be obvious, we would be paying in technology.

Interested?

Signed,

Major Philip Mauser,
Rheinwehr Hauptflotte.

Encrypting...

[font=Book Antiqua]

I'm listening herr Mauser, that sounds interesting. I'm not familiar with those difficulties you are experiencing with all those wars - I'm not a soldier. But your proposal will probably come on a right "address".

With regards.

SOURCE: [color=#FFCC00]Rheinwehr Korvette Hansa,[color=#33CC00] Stuttgart System.

[color=#FFCC00]
A list has been sent to you via a private frequency.

Eliminate [color=#FF0000][size=small]two
of the targets and the weapons are yours.

The usage of companions and whatever tools you may deem necessary is permitted, though the reward will not change.

Signed,

Major Philip Mauser,
Rheinwehr Hauptflotte.

Encrypting...

To: Rheinland Military HQ - Curios - 02-02-2011

[font=Book Antiqua]

List received and all targets are noted. Next time we'll speak once it's done.

With regards.

To: Rheinland Military HQ - Sturmwind - 02-13-2011

SOURCE: [color=#FFCC00]Rheinwehr Korvette Hansa,[color=#33CC00] Stuttgart System.

[color=#FFCC00]
Though none of the targets we designated were eliminated, we feel that you've done a fair amount of work for Rheinland by bringing down quite a decent amount of revolutionaries in the past weeks.

We realize that you were after the guns rather than the credits, so if you'd be willing to look aside the payment in cash, we'll be granting the 6 R7-n tachyon cannons as a reward, though with a certain line of conditions.

If it suits you, I'll get to listing them.

Signed,

Major Philip Mauser,
Rheinwehr Hauptflotte.

Encrypting...