Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Notice: Player Sanctioned and bastilled - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Sanctions and Warnings (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+---- Thread: Admin Notice: Player Sanctioned and bastilled (/showthread.php?tid=55010)

Admin Notice: Player Sanctioned and bastilled - Malexa - 02-14-2011

Arbiteur has been sanctioned and bastilled for:

Quote:3.1 Using coarse language, posting abusive, hateful, racist content in chat, public or private is prohibited under any circumstances. Any kind of flaming, threatening or insulting language directed at other members, factions or server administrators in chat, public or private, is prohibited on server and on forums. RP-related threats are allowed on the server.

3.3 Out-of-character (OOC) chat must not be used in system or local chat. OOC communication in group or private chat between players will cease if one player requests it. Admins are free to communicate with any player at any time.

5.2 All attacks must be the result of some form of role play. "Engaging" is not sufficient. An attack is any hostile action that drains shields to less than 50%. Being hit with a CD is not considered an attack. If a player is attacked he has a right to defend himself regardless of who is attacking.

5.7 A player who was killed in a PvP fight must not enter the system where the fight took place with any of the characters on his/her account(s) until four hours have passed from the time of his/her destruction.

If the player respawns in the same system, he/she must leave the system within 10 minutes of his destruction without attacking anyone, except in self-defense. Other players are not allowed to attack one who is leaving.

Transports/Freighters/Liners which have been killed in a PvP fight may return to the system in which they were destroyed but only for purposes of moving through the system or for trade within that system. They may only act in a purely defensive manner and may not resume acts of piracy.

5.8 A player who was killed in a PvP fight must not attack the enemy (player or players involved in the death) with any of the characters on his/her account(s) for 4 hours.

An impressive list you have there mate. But nothing to be proud of.
So where should I start?

Read the rules. That covers pretty much everything.
Do not say dirty things in the chat.
Do not talk OOC in the chats.
Do not attack players without roleplay
Do not undock and reengage once you've been killed.
Do not do it 5 times in a row and on more than 3 different occasions.

Now to the things what you can do:
DO post here and explain yourself in order to get out of bastille.
DO abide the rules from now on.
DO NOT cross our desk again. (again a "do not". Damn.....)

Consider yourself smacked with the rulebook as heavy as Tokyo's printed phone directory.
This is a volley across the bows.

Consequences:
-Bastilled until you explain yourself and acknowledge the rules
-Ship stripped to the bones
-money zeroed on account
-notice in hold

Admin Link to Report

COMPLETE SERVER RULES

BEFORE YOU POST

If you post in this sanction and are not directly involved or a leader of the accused person's faction be advised
that you are consenting to be subjected to the reprisal of my choice which may involve in game repercussions
up to a ban.
Blaming members of your immediate family, neighbours, friends, pets, and assorted Orcs, Trolls and any other
legendary creatures may result in the use of Admin Right #CTE 750AE

Admin Notice: Player Sanctioned and bastilled - Arbiteur - 02-14-2011

Hello,

today I use a translator on the Internet (Cambridge) to try to communicate with other players because I'm French and not very good with English. First it was my first "war" in Freelancer. It took place at omicron minor.I'm new, this does not prevent me indeed to read the rules, I started slowly but surely to understand (eg the limitation of places where I could go with some id and other rules).I do level war was not at all informed I grant you not thinking to be present for a long time given my current level. It was at this first war as a player challenged me by telling me that I could not attack after being resurrected.At the time, I confess, I could not believe it because we did kill chain while we were right in our mother. And only after that I referred to the rules that relate to the wars.

However, I do not see when you say that I used a coarse lexicon.In fact, I do not remember insulting players.

I apologize if this text contains grammatical and lexical.

Thank you in advance.

Admin Notice: Player Sanctioned and bastilled - Arbiteur - 02-14-2011

I have a question about this war that I had in mind yesterday. The BHG could ally with the Nomads to kill Order?

Admin Notice: Player Sanctioned and bastilled - NixOlympica - 02-14-2011

They did not ally with us. They just chose a bigger threat first.

~Ish'tar (Morph)

Admin Notice: Player Sanctioned and bastilled - Agmen of Eladesor - 02-14-2011

I'll reply here to part of this, since I filed at least one of the reports regarding you. It's obvious from the number of rules reported violated that more than one person filed a report about your behavior.

You weren't the only one on the Order side to re-engage in that battle, simply the one that did it the most (and that I had the most evidence to support), and continued to do so even after I specifically told you in a PM that it was a violation of server rules to do so. The other Geb pilots - at least before I bit the dust - were simply hanging in orbit over Toledo, perhaps just watching, but not participating.

You didn't spring from nothing into a Geb - it took you at least a little while to earn the money to purchase that ship. During that time reading the server rules at some point would have been a good thing. (It's always a good thing - that way if you have any questions, you can ask them BEFORE you get into trouble.)

Regarding the specific combat in which you re-engaged after death four times (that I recorded) our caps had no chance to hit any of the Nomad light fighters, so we were letting the bombers work on them. Our caps were working on all of your caps and doing a great job of it until the Ossies showed up - and you once again re-engaged.

Admin Notice: Player Sanctioned and bastilled - Rems - 02-15-2011

Hi, first, my english is bad so, sorry for the fools. i just come to say that i know a few Arbiteur, he is a beginner, like me, i don t come to say that he hasn t to be sanctioned, i don t know all those mistakes, i just want to say, for him, he s not a bad boy, he has ever asked me a lot of informations about the rules, proof that he won t be the sames mistakes for the futures days. I will be honnest, i come to help him, that s an evidence, just to confirm, that he s not a badboy, and what i know about him, is that he is tryning to learn how to play respecting the RP rules.

Renzo.

Admin Notice: Player Sanctioned and bastilled - kingvaillant - 02-15-2011

As a side note, I can provide assistance for rules and such if the need arises (I'm French Canadian). HOWEVER, to play here, you must be able to communicate with other players. Basically at least.

Consider me as a potential aide to understand the more complex rules that we have. Best is to contact me on skype, which is in my forum profile.

Admin Notice: Player Sanctioned and bastilled - Arbiteur - 02-15-2011

Thank you for your proposal and not be long before you connect the points that I need to clarify.

I still manage to communicate with other players with a fairly basic language but I'm starting to understand more and more words (quite handy for my English exam at the end of the year).

Admin Notice: Player Sanctioned and bastilled - Arbiteur - 05-12-2011

Hello,

It's been 3 months that my ship is in the Bastille. Could you please give me? If however you consider that the punishment I deserved, is quite long.

Admin Notice: Player Sanctioned and bastilled - kingvaillant - 05-14-2011

You're now back on Toledo. Best of luck.

If you need help, the offer still stands.