Discovery Gaming Community
Raba vs Ptrans - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Raba vs Ptrans (/showthread.php?tid=55889)

Pages: 1 2

Raba vs Ptrans - Wraga - 03-01-2011

Well, yes I know their stats and their agile but still thinking and I'm well interested about your views. The Raba has more hull and more regens but less powercore and less cargo space. Which has more chance to take down a trader ship what has a nice hull?

Share your experiences with me please. Thanks.

Raba vs Ptrans - Shryke - 03-01-2011

PTrans. The powercore really does make a difference.

Raba vs Ptrans - Rubber_Duck - 03-01-2011

Quote:PTrans. The powercore really does make a difference.

I agree. You still need to watch out for armored container transports, shire and akegata, or the ALG mover with appropriate armor. Since, if they got good gunners in it, will take you out wihtout loosing their last bots for sure.

But even in a cont trans, with a 90k powercore and 12 guns, your energy gets soaked after some time, which means that in the Raba with 8 guns and 45k core youll be out of energy a lot more quick. End of firepower = death for a transport. That easy. So i would prefer a cap6 Ptrans to pirate other traders...

greetings

Rubber_Duck

Thank you for your istructions, it helped me a lot.

Raba vs Ptrans - AeternusDoleo - 03-01-2011

Don't forget an armored Hegemon, Duck. Which personally I'd find a better assault transport then the pirate transport: Better maneuverability, heavier firepower, heavier armor. The thing is just a bit bigger and has slightly less cargo space.

Raba vs Ptrans - Rubber_Duck - 03-01-2011

Sure, of course. I thought about, and it has great chances to disable a Ptrans, for sure.

But since Wraga said
Quote: Which has more chance to take down a trader ship what has a nice hull?

I thought its only about crafts usable for pirating? Can you pirate in a hegemon? If its allowed, then its sure worth consideration...

greetings

Rubber_Duck

Well what I looking for is a possible chance to pirate as a hog. The Raba and the Ptrans are the two possible choices, just thinking about them. The Hegemon is really a bastard against other transport and if somebody put a CAU4 or bigger on it, thats nearly impossible to destroy in another transport type ship. Well...dunno really. I will try one and if doesnt works, I will try another...but thank you for the informations guys.

Raba vs Ptrans - Ceoran - 03-01-2011

' Wrote:PTrans. The powercore really does make a difference.

Yep, but rumours are that the Raba will get a buffed powercore next version, so by then the Raba might be the better choice. Though, the Raba infocard is screwed which often leads to weaker transports trying to fight instead of paying since most people are not aware of its enormous armour.

Raba vs Ptrans - Korny - 03-01-2011

Hm, both are excellent really...But I prefer the Ptrans because of the powercore and cargo space.

Raba vs Ptrans - ... kur nubÄ—go? - 03-01-2011

You should talk to Berny. >.> he was killing IMG gunboats in raba at frankfurt.