Discovery Gaming Community
RP question - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: RP question (/showthread.php?tid=5593)

Pages: 1 2

RP question - Tic - 01-18-2008

Are Lane Hackers allowed to use Liberty GBs?

I'v seen HF legion uses them, so can everybody use them or just HF legion?

RP question - Jinx - 01-18-2008

no - but HF is not a lane hacker faction, but an ex- liberty navy faction

RP question - Arthas - 01-18-2008

I think it depends on your RP, a simple "i stole it" doesnt work here.. You need solid RP and prefferbly a "proof" that your character had access to the ship.

The best way to do that would be (to me that is) that you have been a LSF member, but defected for some reason, taking the ship with you as defense or last payment... but it will need more work then just a simple 3 line story. I guess

RP question - Jinx - 01-18-2008

i don t agree there - arthas. of course you can make a good reason for using a lib cap - but it better be flawless. lane hackers have capital ships of their own - there is no reason to take the risk to "steal" a liberty cap. and think of it from the hackers point of view - they make their ships. . they are dead proud on them. its an honour to fly a ship they made. - a hacker would more likely use a hacker ship than a liberty ship.

RP question - Arthas - 01-18-2008

That is why is stated the point of "Proof" you HAD access to it.

If the character is purely based on a Lane Hacker, then indeed, i would doubt the high-risk factor too.

The example i used was to show a that there is a possibility, but i support your point of it being flawless before usage.

It would be highly doubtfull to see a blood-dragon with a liberty ship though, no matter how hard you try to tie the ends together.

RP question - pchwang - 01-21-2008

The "stole it" thing works, but it's the oldest trick in the book, and people are tired of it.

RP question - Etaphreven - 01-21-2008

Yeah...I am too elgato...
The HF are exiled Navy pilots.

RP question - Tic - 01-21-2008

Well im asking beacuse for sure i will not use "i stole it" trick. That way u can be a Corsair with RM GB or something.

RP question - Reverend Del - 02-01-2008

The problem with the "I stole it" story is many-fold, my two key problems with it are 1) that any yahoo can have access to whatever (s)he wants using that story and that 2) it lacks any kind of imagination anymore.

As has been noted the RP for an "I stole it" should be airtight and written well, and there's my key point, it should be written, so that any and all have access to it and can say whether it works. Because you might say that you stole your RM destoyer from an RM shipyard but the RM may very well point out that if it was that easy nobody would build their own they'd just pinch the RM's.

I personally think there's plenty of scope within each faction to be able to fly a competent ship for whatever purpose you need it for, without having to resort to weak RP to justify your ship choice.

RP question - Unseelie - 02-01-2008

An acceptable 'I stole it' story, Snubnose Also, rather accidental.