Discovery Gaming Community
To : Gaians, Islay's Store manager - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To : Gaians, Islay's Store manager (/showthread.php?tid=56285)

To : Gaians, Islay's Store manager - Pacificator - 03-07-2011

/: Moduming frequence
/: Carrier found
/: Sending data

Greetings,

We hereby make a formal demand to have acsess to your store on Islay base wich we would gladly feel with some of the best synthetic marijuana in Sirius. We are currently docked in the base and we'll be leaving here a full shipement of product with some more to come.

With your authorisation we would need the base to resupply ourselves before leaving, both the ship in various bots and ourselves in different beverages.

Yours, truely.

Enron

/: Carrier lost
/: End of transmission

To : Gaians, Islay's Store manager - The Banger Grim - 03-07-2011

[Image: BangerIDPic2.jpg]
ID: The Banger Grim
Level 66,
The Green Hell Beergarden
If I may, My name is Matthew Grim. I'm a Gaian & the Administator of the biggest little collection of stores, vices & habits this side of Gaia, so I'm qualified to answer you with a question: You "Hereby demand access?" That's awfully bold introduction you make for yourself. Now, before any notion of a thought of doing any business on our humble little rock can be entertained whatsoever, answer this: Who exactly do you work for again Sir?

To : Gaians, Islay's Store manager - Pacificator - 03-08-2011

/: Moduling frequence

Dear Mr Grim,

Forgive me if my introduction was too forthgoing, but keep in mind that standard Sirian isn't my natural language. I just meant to politely ask you permission to trade with Islay, that is all.

For who am i ? Independant. Truely. 3rd Captain under JhC patronnage, I am flying a Junker affiliated transport and do specialize myself in shipping different kind of sensitive commoditys to those who migth need it. We work for no one in particular, trying to do our business with a certain sense of equity rather than shere profit. We do not pirate, trading and negociating is our way. We respect your faction's engagement and the way you try to change things around you. I will not be so "bold" (...) to say we share all of your views, but we migth have more in common than what you'd think at first glance.

The Marijuana trip to Islay is a well known route for us, for I was second in command on the JhC_Unpacified (a BW transport under independant trader ID), who has supplyed you many times in the past. I'd like to carry on with my own vessel now. As amazing as it seems, I do have some attachement to your humble little rock there, some let's say....sweet memorys of my youth when we used to come there and stay on the base for few days before leaving again...*cough*

Enough sentimentalism, back to business. I think we got the profile to work with you, but your place, your rules. There are many roads in the infinite universe, and if this one is closed to us doubt not that we'll find somewhere else to go.

Now, don't make me beg you to supply you're fairly remote base with stuff that comes from the other corner of Sirius. Stuff you need, or so it seems by the price you pay for it.

It's all in your hands Matthew. We are waiting somewhere in Edimburg, came from far, and my crew and myself could make a good use of the few comfort your base could offer us before leaving again. They are good men, they deserved it.

Yours, Enron.

To : Gaians, Islay's Store manager - The Banger Grim - 03-09-2011

[Image: BangerIDPic2.jpg]
ID: The Banger Grim
Sorry for the delay in my response Sir.
::The Banger Grim puts down his coffee after a sip and leans into the camera hovering above his desk, causing his face to fill the screen on the other end::

There is an ancient curse my grandfather taught me when I was little: "May you live in interesting times" Well...the way I see it, each & every one of us alive today are cursed, so I hope you understand the reasons for taking my time in getting back to you with an answer. I checked upstairs with the Islay Dockmaster, and according to his readings of your craft's transponder codes, you and your crew are cleared to land. You and yours can moor safely, as we do welcome the opportunity for trade, but, bear in mind that we will 'follow the money' to assure that Gaian credits that leave Gaian accounts in purchase of your wares do not ultimately end up stabbing us in our Gaian backs by passing through the hands of our enemies within the money chain.

For now, come on board for some R&R. We have every distraction you can think of (even some of the ones you don't want to admit you think of, but we understand Human nature better than most & we tolerate alot of twistedness) Just understand that our rules are few, but breaking the few of them that we do have can get you killed for it. My best advice is 'Don't be a fool, follow the golden rule.'

Anyhoo, Welcome to Edinburrahh Lads & Lassies
::Transmission cut at the source::

To : Gaians, Islay's Store manager - Pacificator - 03-11-2011

/: Moduling frequence

* crew cheerring in the background *

Dear Mathhew,

As you can hear, your permission made its effect aboard and on behalf of everyone inside I do thank you very much.
We will now dock on Islay and remain here for few days, time for us to repair the ship and our souls.

Be assure the benefit we'll gain from our transaction will be wisely used.

You'll find me near a fresh pint if you want to put a face on the name...

Yours,

Enron

To : Gaians, Islay's Store manager - Kontrazec (Somni) - 03-11-2011

As the image slowly comes into view,Jonah extends his lazy smile.His warm jasper gaze is clearly friendly.

"So den. If mista' Grim allowed yah ta' haul to an' fro our bases,den dat mean da NLH got no beef against yah. Jus' dun' let us see yah haulin' Wildlife or da such,an' yah gunna be jus' fine."

To : Gaians, Islay's Store manager - Pacificator - 03-12-2011

From/: Enron
Location/: Islay

The Captain stood alone in the front of the secured window, all that could see was the fog of the ice cloud surrounding the base. He let his mind wander...

The transaction has been successful and his men were now enjoying the warm welcome of Islay's inhabitant. He had warned them to repect the uses and customs here, and they clearly understood to do so.

First time here for most them, they were expecting the usual military-like pirate base. Instead, they found a community where all are acting according to fundamental ecological principles. All energy transfer are used to benefit the small independant ecosystem, with green houses for food and oxygene production, and what seems some quite complex bacteria fueled generator that he did not clearly understand.

The sigth of a population having a goal reminded him of the dangerosity of not having any. It is the absence of dream that leads people on the path of greed and corruption, two cancers that spreads here and there over Sirius.

Back to more practical thoughs, he start preparing the way back to Vieques and setting up all the stops and shipement for their journey home.

Has it comes to us, you may need some special delivery, or have particular needs.
For the moment we have brought essencialy Marijuana but we can diversify would you need so.

We will be monitoring this channel for any answers.

May Abu d'Duhr guide your way...