Discovery Gaming Community
LSF requesting to drop BH pilots - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: LSF requesting to drop BH pilots (/showthread.php?tid=5646)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

LSF requesting to drop BH pilots - looter - 01-20-2008

Fridge was randomly Hacking sime tradelanes around Liberty, when this was overheard ... [attachment]

It's really strange ... this way the lawfuls could demand dropping virtually any pilots. As far as I know, the Bounty Hunters are only allied with house police, I could understand that since LPI and BH could have some contracts in between. But a security force? I don't think so. Do you?

edit: Do the navy or police NPC's demand dropping BH pilots? (haven't seen many LSF ships, so can't tell)

LSF requesting to drop BH pilots - Fellow Hoodlum - 01-20-2008

I'm sorry ? What ? You are a pirate. The security forces can demand exactly what they like, its their space.
And why is it a problem to you ? If this is going where I think it is, I will lock it now, and save the time ...

Hoodlum

LSF requesting to drop BH pilots - looter - 01-20-2008

Well, I just felt some sympathy for that guy being swiftly executed. My bad, then. Sorry to bother.

LSF requesting to drop BH pilots - Praetyre - 01-20-2008

Holding lawful pilots in a hold is legally equivalent to kidnapping. Bounty Hunters are civilian pilots, and thus are (presumably) given protection as civilian entities under Liberty law.

LSF requesting to drop BH pilots - Juan_Arquero - 01-20-2008

' Wrote:Fridge was randomly Hacking sime tradelanes around Liberty, when this was overheard ... [attachment]

It's really strange ... this way the lawfuls could demand dropping virtually any pilots. As far as I know, the Bounty Hunters are only allied with house police, I could understand that since LPI and BH could have some contracts in between. But a security force? I don't think so. Do you?

edit: Do the navy or police NPC's demand dropping BH pilots? (haven't seen many LSF ships, so can't tell)
Thank you. Your screen shot is better than the ones I had, as I didn't get a screen shot of the moment that =LSF=Liquid killed my character, Juan_Williams.

I've been scanned many times by NPC LPI and Liberty Navy when I had BHG pilots on board, so I know that the NPCs don't care about that. The only LSF NPCs I've seen were backup on missions.

I've been writing my sanction report (entitled "=LSF=Liquid OORP & acting as a pirate") and I have no problem posting it for everybody to see:
Quote:As Juan_Williams, I was fighting some BHG NPCs near Newark Station when =LSF=Liquid demanded that I drop my Bounty Hunters. I refused to do so, because I thought that his demand was OORP, then he killed me. LPI and Liberty Navy NPCs don't demand BHG pilots when they scan a player, so I think that an LSF-based player faction shouldn't be able to make that demand.

If the LSF player faction is going to claim that they have the right to demand BHG pilots, then that should be posted somewhere on the forums, but I've never seen anything like that. As far as I'm concerned, =LSF=Liquid acted as a pirate, if not a terrorist -- definitely not as law enforcement. One more thing -- I had 12 Xenos in my cargo hold, which he could have legally demanded, but he didn't do that. Instead he tried to steal that to which he had no rights -- my 38-39 BHG pilots (only 36 survived the explosion of my armored transport).

Looter posted a better screen shot than I have (I didn't get any in space and my shots of the chat log require two screen shots to show the same information) in his thread: LSF requesting to drop BH pilots, Is it good, or weird?

LSF requesting to drop BH pilots - bluntpencil2001 - 01-20-2008

I personally wouldn't see this as ooRP.

My smuggler, who takes potshots at BHG, would complain about them being corporate, fascist pigs then try to run and hide, but I wouldn't report it.

EDIT: Hell, we Bretonians make much harsher demands.

(Speaking as Juan_Williams)...

Hoodlum: I'm not a pirate. I've killed so many Xenos that I'm maxed out friendly with the Liberty Navy. I'm also friendly with the LPI. In fact, those were my last two affiliations. I've had so many BHG pilots demanding my criminal pilots that I've had to defend myself against the BHG thieving scum. I'll admit that I've got a Junkers affiliation now, but I'm friendly or neutral (mostly friendly) with all lawful Liberty government and corporate factions. I've never pirated anybody ((NPC or player)), so nobody can claim that I'm a pirate.

LSF requesting to drop BH pilots - bluntpencil2001 - 01-20-2008

A friend would have dropped them, no?

' Wrote:A friend would have dropped them, no?
My friends don't steal from me, because if they do that proves that they're not my friends.

As far as I'm concerned, =LSF=Liquid illegally acted as a renegade officer -- a thief.

In real life, if a police officer pulled you over and demanded the contents of your wallet, how would you react?

LSF requesting to drop BH pilots - Jinx - 01-20-2008

the matter with BHG pilots.... there is a lack of understanding on the server; or a lack of reading information cards. bounty hunter pilots are independent, but lawful. they are not allied to any houseforce, but they are aiding them - sometimes unasked, sometimes unwanted. its like someone that meddles in your affairs - but for good or at least he tries to. BHGs have their own ways and take up responsibility that they don t really have. they get into trouble much more often than house forces - but they claim much much success and power, too. they are present in all the inner sphere aswell as the outer systems. since they act the substitute police everywhere - house forces look upon them doubiously - but they tolerate them as long as the BHGs do not do anything unlawful. ( thats why you see them fight alongside with house forces - but also sometimes fighting against hourseforces )

now about BHGs in someones hold. people must understand, but they often don t - that BHGs are lawful. no matter how annoying they are and how much they can be used to fix a repuation table - BHGs are in fact lawful pilots. no day passes that i come across a zoner that claims that he hates BHGs. well, i understand that his rep table most probably shows BHGs red, but his roleplay should not. ( a point that a lot of players do not understand... simply don t get, even if i tell them straight to their face " your rep table is irrelevant, ignore it " )

having bounty hunters in your hold is an unlawful act. the only reason you have them in your hold is when you picked them up cause someone else blew them up and you don t want to leave them floating in space untill another BHG comes along and picks them up. that way, you hardly accumulate numbers of like 10+ BHG pilots though. so every ship that has a number of BHGs in the hold most likely destroyed BHG ships - which means ... committed a crime by attacking lawful vessels.
the NPC house forces do not care if you attack BHG before their eyes - cause the BHG is a seperate force and the house forces do interfere there - but like any other lawful pilot in your hold, you are "advised to deliver them to the closest police base to release them". if you do not, they are not your "guests" but your hostages. - BHG pilots must basicly do the same with pirates. i know its fun to "collect" pirates in your hold as trophies, but its not allowed, roleplaywise ( maybe on capital ships it is - cause there is room ).

so, if i see a ship with BHG pilots in the hold in omicron-delta on Jinx, i advice it to release them on the station. cause the station is ( like many others ) half run by the BHG, who pay a LOT to use it as a base of operations.
when i see a ship holding BHGs as cheshire, i ask where they come from - if i get an answer like "they hate me and i hate them" the target is to be considered hostile. somehow the other BHGs must have a reason to hate that one - and even so, holding fellow BHGs hostage is a crime - no matter if its a zoner or pirate or cooperate. if its a lawful ( police , military ) i request them to release them, if they refuse - i make a report to the local police / military to deal with that.